Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct Hit!

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Direct Hit!

Yesterday as I was traveling home from the shop, I got took out by a toyota truck. I was it the right lane of a four lane residential street, traveling eastbound @ between 25-30 mph. Limit on this road is 35mph.
    As I was approaching a five way intersection half a block away, I was just letting off the throttle to stop for the red light. As this point, a white toyota pickup who was stationary in the allyway proceded to enter the roadway. In the amount of time I said "OH F@#%", he hit me with his left front fender.

It was literaly that fast, less than two seconds. I had fingered the front and rear brake levers/pedal, but collided before application had made any effect on my speed. I was on my Adventure Wee-Strom and upon collision the handlebars were ripped from my hands as I flew over them impacting the cab of the truck and falling to the ground.

The individual driving the truck stalled and got out as I was cussing up the place as I was in considerable pain from both my hands and right ankle. A few moments elasped and soon I was surrounded by many people it seemed all concered for me lying in the road. I took inventory of my body, moving each limb and torso, figuring out where and what seemed to get injured. People were telling me to stay put, which I was, lying on my back.

The fire paramedic's arrived within I think less than three minutes, very quick IMO. We did the injured check from top to bottom, I then insisted they take my helmet off and let me sit up. I didn't pass out, and knew where, what, how and why, I was where I was. They were satified with the assesment, getting me up and over to the curb in the shade, on my own power. During this short walk I determined I stressed my ankle, both hands, wrists, and hit my head.

The bike was mildly trashed on the right side, the engine guards, bark busters, and footpegs took most of the impact. Ding in the tank from my foot going over the top, and a slight rash on the exhaust midpipe, and a broken right mirror. Not to bad for such a abrupt collision. The truck sustained three large dents from the bike and myself on the left front fended and door.

The guy who was driving the truck then started a story about he was not driving and the guy who was driving took off and was some day-type labor. Riiiiight. He kept coming over to me apolgizing for what happened, and how it wasn't him driving. Well the police finally arrived, and started gathering information for the icident report. Luckly there was two young guys that witnessed the whole thing and told the police the truth. Refreshing in these times were in.

Comes to find out, the guy had no license, no insurance, somebody else's plates on the vehicle, and was lying one lie after another. Needless to say, the truck got towed, which he called, which I thought was odd, to the impound lot. I know he recieved a handfull of charges, but I left to go to the emergacare before I found out if he went to jail or not.

I sustained a dislocated left ring finger, broken left hand, sprained right fingers, sprained right ankle, and mild rash on my knee's and elbows.
    Today, the day after, I feel like I got beaten up. Pretty sore upper torso, back, neck and shoulders. These are what hit the truck, so I was expecting that. My left hand is swollen pretty good, due to all the trama of resetting the finger and the brokeness.

The reason I am retelling this to all of you is this, that shit happens that you will have no control over. Riding motorbikes exposes one to injury far greater than cars/trucks. I know everyone here realizes these facts. So I'm not gonna preach. Please minamise your exposure and wear your gear, pay attention, and above all, don't stop riding. The rewards are far greater than the risk's.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Direct Hit!

Bash,

I was shocked when I got your message yesterday and very glad that the injuries are limited. Please take your time, fully recover and ride with us again soon. In the meantime if there is anything you need, don't hesitate, you have my number.

-scott

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Glad your ok good read and great post Shit does happen that's the way it goes!

Did you ever find out if captain dip shit went to jail or not?

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Bash, I'm glad you're relatively ok & that it wasn't any worse. Heal up quick!
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Holy crap, Bash!!! Sorry to hear this. Glad you are doing relatively ok. Heal up quick.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Wow, glad you're ok.

Wow, holy crap. Glad to hear you are ok... Uninsured motorists suck.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Glad you made it out ok, and without any road rash .
    (Before anybody goes nuts about this, it was an ATGATT reference.)

To add to your original message, this is also why you carry FULL coverage on all of your vehicles. No license, no insurance, no legit paychecks to garnish... This way at least you still get taken care of.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Bash,
    That sucks. Glad you're alive. You are 100% right, sometimes, no matter how good we are, there's nothing you can do about a situation. Glad you were wearing gear. If there's anything I/we (the CSC) can do, please don't hesitate. Heal up man!

Basher, I'm sorry you got beat up a bit, but glad you are relatively uninjured.

Glad your injuries are minor, man. I hope your injuries stay minor and you heal up fast.

Wow.. heal up Basher, glad you're "relatively ok".
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Hope you heel quicc, that succs!!!
    2005 Kawi 636 Custom

I ride in memory of my bros lost along the way......SSFFSS
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hope you heal up fast and get back on the Two!! hang in there ! PEACE!!!
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Wow, Bash. I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Glad you're okay man! Seriously. Your tale tells a story of an experienced rider with skill getting hit and nothing you could do. I'm glad you were wearing gear and a helmet! Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashed View Post
    I sustained a dislocated left ring finger, broken left hand, sprained right fingers, sprained right ankle.
    I hope all these injuries were on that fools (toyota drivers) face.

. good to hear you walked away from that collision.

Fack... glad you are ok-ish man!!
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

That whole situation sucks for you man....but Im glad it didn't turn out even worse.... Heal up fast man.

glad you're alright buddy.....
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

With all the miles you've logged, it only takes a local jack-ass to knock you down.

Heal up Bash!
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

I'm glad to hear you are mostly unscathed. I love how this is under the "Riding Technique" section....as if to say..."if you are going to hit the side of a truck, ensure you inflict as much damage as you can to their vehicle"
    aka Zane aka The Quiet One
    Silver & Black 2000 RSV Mille (Giada)
    ITALIAN RED 2002 VFR800 (Natasha) - sold

*** NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY, THERE IS SEX IN "THE PURPLE ROOM" ***

Glad you're relatively ok. Heal up quick! Or as quick as an old man can!

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Thanks for all the well wishes.
    I'm doing OK.
    Hopefully I'll know after I see the ortho next week, when I can run a clutch again.
    Keep the rubber side down, or at least the rear wheel.
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*