Trashed my beloved R1. Was breaking pretty hard for a light, Not too hard but enough. Last thing I remember, the clip-ons went all the way to the left, the ass end of the bike swung to the right. Appearantly it slid and caught again on the dry pavement. Highsided on the right side. This happened quickly enought that I never even put the hands out, no damage to hands and elbows. A friend and I went back to the scene the next day and noticed a copious amount of oil in the spot that I lost it at.

I had a decent MotoGP jacket on, a recent (less than 2year old) dot and snell approved helmet (scorpion) on, Good full lenght boots (just work boots), jeans and a belt on. The Jacket of course lifted up a bit, so some good rash on the hip. Ground the belt into the skin, and a smatering of rash on the knee and legs. Fractured my right shoulder blade, brusied my right lung, suffered a hell of a concusion inspite of the decent helmet (was out for about 15 minutes).

The bikes controls are fucked, the frame-sliders on the right side are shot, the plastic on the right side is shot. This stuff is all replaceable. I restored the bike to begin with when I got it.
I however am not as easy to replace. The important thing is, wear decent gear, trust your instincts and make the decision. I hesistated in this situation, I had some friends following me and didnt want to loose them at the light. My gut told me to just go throught the light and stop at the other side. For a change I ignored that.

oh and to add insult to injury the cops gave me a careless driving ticket. Nice of them to take statements from me when I didnt even know what my own name was, much less who my friends were, what day it was, where I was, etc.

Heres to hoping Ill be healed up enought to do PPIR. love that track.