Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 182526272829303138 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Damn I hate how crowded the gym gets around this time of year.... Full of those "new years resolution" people that will only disappear in about a month or two when they realize it's not as easy as they thought to get that 6 pack of abs they seen in a Muscle and Fitness magazine at Safeway.... But, on the upside, they are usually pretty amusing to watch when they try to lift more that they should be attempting. They usaully have no type of gym etiquette, which to me is annoying as hell. So, I'm doing cable pull downs (back day) and I get up to grab a new attachment since I was about to switch excercises. ( Keep in mind that my hoodie and water bottle was still next to my seat. ) As soon as I grab my needed attachment and turn to walk back, I notice some guy on my machine just going at the weights like he's a mini Branch Warren. So, I stand next to him until he's done with his "so called" set and he says, "Oh, were you using this?) Instead of saying what I really wanted to say, I just reply "yes, which is why my things were here." He gets up, I sit down and switch attachments and he says, "I still have 2 more sets to go" to which I just looked at him and put my headphones back in my ears and began my sets. He stood there waiting for me to get up for about 5 min before he decided to find a new machine. I would usually have said that he could work in with me, but I just got pissed because 1) he didn't ask from the beginning and 2) he was automatically expecting me to let him work in without asking.

Sorry, just had to rant a little. I hope tomorrow is better, but I doubt it since I'm doing chest/triceps and for some reason people think it's National Chest Day and everyone in there will most likely be doing chest.....

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    Damn I hate how crowded the gym gets around this time of year.... Full of those "new years resolution" people that will only disappear in about a month or two when they realize it's not as easy as they thought to get that 6 pack of abs they seen in a Muscle and Fitness magazine at Safeway.... But, on the upside, they are usually pretty amusing to watch when they try to lift more that they should be attempting. They usaully have no type of gym etiquette, which to me is annoying as hell. So, I'm doing cable pull downs (back day) and I get up to grab a new attachment since I was about to switch excercises. ( Keep in mind that my hoodie and water bottle was still next to my seat. ) As soon as I grab my needed attachment and turn to walk back, I notice some guy on my machine just going at the weights like he's a mini Branch Warren. So, I stand next to him until he's done with his "so called" set and he says, "Oh, were you using this?) Instead of saying what I really wanted to say, I just reply "yes, which is why my things were here." He gets up, I sit down and switch attachments and he says, "I still have 2 more sets to go" to which I just looked at him and put my headphones back in my ears and began my sets. He stood there waiting for me to get up for about 5 min before he decided to find a new machine. I would usually have said that he could work in with me, but I just got pissed because 1) he didn't ask from the beginning and 2) he was automatically expecting me to let him work in without asking.

Sorry, just had to rant a little. I hope tomorrow is better, but I doubt it since I'm doing chest/triceps and for some reason people think it's National Chest Day and everyone in there will most likely be doing chest.....
    I couldn't agree with you more! This time of year the worst to be in the gym. I end up so pissed I can barely focus on my sets. Crossfit is almost impossible to do. Like you said, you set one or more stations and it's so F'n obvious that someone is working there and next thing you know there is some asshat just sitting on your box or your bench, talking on his phone. And they ALWAYS get indignant when you ask them to fuck off somewhere else! The best is when I hang my rings from a pullup bar for muscle ups. I walk away to get water or deadlift and there are 3 fat chicks hanging from them like the gym supplied them are something. Has any of these cows ever been in a gym, much less seen olympic rings hanging anywhere?? Get the fuck off my rings, they have a 250lb wieght limit!!!!!
    Last edited by RajunCajun; Sat Dec 31st, 2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: I can't spell worth a crap!
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more! This time of year the worst to be in the gym. I end up so pissed I can barely focus on my sets. Crossfit is almost impossible to do. Like you said, you set one or more stations and it's so F'n obvious that someone is working there and next thing you know there is some asshat just sitting on your box or your bench, talking on his phone. And they ALWAYS get indignant when you ask them to fuck off somewhere else! The best is when I hang my rings from a pullup bar for muscle ups. I walk away to get water or deadlift and there are 3 fat chicks hanging from them like the gym supplied them are something. Has any of these cows ever been in a gym, much less seen olympic rings hanging anywhere?? Get the fuck off my wrings, they have a 250lb wieght limit!!!!!
    Classic.....

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure I put on about 7lbs in the last week,,, courtesy of my mom's fantastic Louisiana cooking. I was just starting to get some nice cuts and they are ALL gone lol! I'll be looking for any motivation I can get to get back into the gym and hit it hard-core. Anyone wants to run or lift and want a partner, holler at me. Like I said earlier, my plan is to Crossfit in the a.m. and run/swim in the p.m. but I'm game to meet someone after work for weights as well. I’m in Westminster but work in Denver.
    No doubt! Went to see the family and barely get in the door when they started feeding me. I said “hell with it and pigged out for about a full week on everything from tamales to way too many sweets; all washed down with tons or beer and alcohol”. I did gain about 5 pounds even though I never missed a workout and each one was pretty hardcore since I was off from work and able to wake up and go straight to the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post

Yup, one day into these “resolutioners” and I am already annoyed. Went yesterday and pulled up and there was barely a empty parking spot. Get into the locker room and it is packed with people; half of them guys that spend more time showering and getting ready there than actually working out. I am not homophobic, but do you really have to shave, do your hair, brush your teeth, trim you nose hairs, etc all before putting on your underwear!!!

So amusing though watching some of these people in the weightroom like you said. Gym etiquette is non-existent to them and I watch most people use the machine or bench as a spot to sit (or text) rather than workout. My favorite is watching the bench press. These “resolutioners” always seem to come to the bench press and load way too much weight. Yesterday guy comes up and load two 45 plates on each side; no big deal but he couldn’t have weighed more than 150pnds, so I thought “this should be interesting”. Pumps himself up for about 5 minutes and finally grabs the bar drops it down, and I see him struggling, arching his back so intense…….not to bench it but just to get it to that first “safety” hook and not kill himself. Today is going to be even worse since I will have to be there from 5-6:30. Can’t wait till most these people give up…mean I know, but this happens every year…same shit!!!!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    No doubt! Went to see the family and barely get in the door when they started feeding me. I said “hell with it and pigged out for about a full week on everything from tamales to way too many sweets; all washed down with tons or beer and alcohol”. I did gain about 5 pounds even though I never missed a workout and each one was pretty hardcore since I was off from work and able to wake up and go straight to the gym.

Yup, one day into these “resolutioners” and I am already annoyed. Went yesterday and pulled up and there was barely a empty parking spot. Get into the locker room and it is packed with people; half of them guys that spend more time showering and getting ready there than actually working out. I am not homophobic, but do you really have to shave, do your hair, brush your teeth, trim you nose hairs, etc all before putting on your underwear!!!

So amusing though watching some of these people in the weightroom like you said. Gym etiquette is non-existent to them and I watch most people use the machine or bench as a spot to sit (or text) rather than workout. My favorite is watching the bench press. These “resolutioners” always seem to come to the bench press and load way too much weight. Yesterday guy comes up and load two 45 plates on each side; no big deal but he couldn’t have weighed more than 150pnds, so I thought “this should be interesting”. Pumps himself up for about 5 minutes and finally grabs the bar drops it down, and I see him struggling, arching his back so intense…….not to bench it but just to get it to that first “safety” hook and not kill himself. Today is going to be even worse since I will have to be there from 5-6:30. Can’t wait till most these people give up…mean I know, but this happens every year…same shit!!!!
    I usually only go in to the locker room once during my time at the gym and that's to wash my hands after my work out. It never fails.... Some old guy with old balls walking around, stopping in the mirror to examine himself before waking over to the scale to see if he still weighs 234 lbs from this morning, BOOTY ASS NAKED.... I mean, c'mon. For one, it's not that hard to cover up with a towel and 2) why are you walking around this dirty ass floor with no shower shoes or some flip flops. And they even sit on the bench's booty ass naked while getting dressed. I dunno man... All I can do is try and keep my distance.

well...i am down a few pounds since the move...between not eating regularly, and having some stomach bug...but I feel like total shit...

checked out a few of the local gyms, but deemed it to not be worth the money for small/dirty places with minimal equip...just CL'd a bench/olympic bar instead, already have a trainer for the pedal bike, and a pretty sweet finished basement to keep it all in.

i drifted up to ~210 form 202 in the last 2 months or so, but with the move and all, I didn't have a chance to do anything, but now i am almost settled in, and can actually prepare some proper food...started a new workout plan this week, but pulled something bad in my neck this morning (re-occurring problem....) so I won't be lifting for a few days as I let that heal up a bit...

I have another friendly weight-loss competiton to win...so I will keep posting up my progress...

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    well...i am down a few pounds since the move...between not eating regularly, and having some stomach bug...but I feel like total shit...

checked out a few of the local gyms, but deemed it to not be worth the money for small/dirty places with minimal equip...just CL'd a bench/olympic bar instead, already have a trainer for the pedal bike, and a pretty sweet finished basement to keep it all in.

i drifted up to ~210 form 202 in the last 2 months or so, but with the move and all, I didn't have a chance to do anything, but now i am almost settled in, and can actually prepare some proper food...started a new workout plan this week, but pulled something bad in my neck this morning (re-occurring problem....) so I won't be lifting for a few days as I let that heal up a bit...

I have another friendly weight-loss competiton to win...so I will keep posting up my progress...

Hang a pull-up bar somewhere, get a few dumbells with your olympic set and you can do some killer workouts. What's up with the neck? Is it muscular or nerve impingement?? I have a pinched nerve that acts up when I don’t stretch enough. If that’s the case with you, hit up a chiropractor and get that shit cracked out so you can get your swole back on!

Hang a pull-up bar somewhere, get a few dumbells with your olympic set and you can do some killer workouts. What's up with the neck? Is it muscular or nerve impingement?? I have a pinched nerve that acts up when I don’t stretch enough. If that’s the case with you, hit up a chiropractor and get that shit cracked out so you can get your swole back on!

yeah...its not like I use much more when I actually go to the gym...

always thought it was a pinched nerve...but last time I saw someone about it, PT said it was muscular...going to see a chiro in the next few weeks...so far I have it a little better with anti-inflammatories, and hot/cold with stretching

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    yeah...its not like I use much more when I actually go to the gym...

always thought it was a pinched nerve...but last time I saw someone about it, PT said it was muscular...going to see a chiro in the next few weeks...so far I have it a little better with anti-inflammatories, and hot/cold with stretching
    I’m amazed at how often MD’s and PT’s can’t diagnose/treat simple nerve impingement and muscle imbalance issues. I’ve talked to tons of people that either had a pinched nerve or had something like Patella Femoral Syndrome or Planter Fasciitis and MD’s couldn’t do anything but prescribe anti-inflammatory meds and rest. These same people would visit a chiropractor or one specializing in Active Relief Therapy and they are “magically” cured and back to whatever sport or activity they loved. I had PFS and talked to a PT after not being able to run without severe knee pain for 3 months, and he said he couldn’t do anything for my knee. I heard about a chiro that did Active Relief Therapy, I was running again in 2 weeks and never had the problem again. CRAZY!!! I’m not bashing MD’s but it just doesn’t seem right that MANY MD’s and PT’s can’t diagnose and treat simple nerve impingement and muscle imbalance issues. Ok, Rant Over

I’m amazed at how often MD’s and PT’s can’t diagnose/treat simple nerve impingement and muscle imbalance issues. I’ve talked to tons of people that either had a pinched nerve or had something like Patella Femoral Syndrome or Planter Fasciitis and MD’s couldn’t do anything but prescribe anti-inflammatory meds and rest. These same people would visit a chiropractor or one specializing in Active Relief Therapy and they are “magically” cured and back to whatever sport or activity they loved. I had PFS and talked to a PT after not being able to run without severe knee pain for 3 months, and he said he couldn’t do anything for my knee. I heard about a chiro that did Active Relief Therapy, I was running again in 2 weeks and never had the problem again. CRAZY!!! I’m not bashing MD’s but it just doesn’t seem right that MANY MD’s and PT’s can’t diagnose and treat simple nerve impingement and muscle imbalance issues. Ok, Rant Over

I have seen over 4 PTs for PFS. Whose this chiro?????
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Is it too late to get into this 2011 fitness thing?
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

What I hate is, and this is even with many regulars, they don’t seem to know the universal sign of “I am done” by putting up their plates. They walk off leaving all the plates on a bar or Hammer machine that you want to use, leaving you wondering if they are done. Are you really that lazy, or just an inconsiderate DB?
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    What I hate is, and this is even with many regulars, they don’t seem to know the universal sign of “I am done” by putting up their plates. They walk off leaving all the plates on a bar or Hammer machine that you want to use, leaving you wondering if they are done. Are you really that lazy, or just an inconsiderate DB?
    When someone does that, I will usually let 1 minute go by on the clock and if he/she don't return, then I jack the spot. Sometimes they come back, but most of the time they don't.

too funny!!

I haven't checked in on this thread since around page 5 or so.

Agreed, no need to check for testicular lumps at the public gym.

I'm down 12lbs in 45 days. Using a calorie counter on my iPhone. myfitnesspal.com

I would like to see another 15 or 20lbs of squishy go away.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    too funny!!

I haven't checked in on this thread since around page 5 or so.

Agreed, no need to check for testicular lumps at the public gym.

I'm down 12lbs in 45 days. Using a calorie counter on my iPhone. myfitnesspal.com

I would like to see another 15 or 20lbs of squishy go away.
    Good for you! Keep it up, man!!

The worst is when I walked into the locker room at 24 Hour in Highlands Ranch to take a dump, and see a guy at the first sink, right by the entrance, with 5 r 6 more sinks behind him, naked as a jay bird, with his leg up on the counter, blow drying his balls! And he looks up at me and smiles when I walk in! WHAT THE F@(K, YOU F@(KING F@(K?!?!?!?! I just shook my head and gave him a look, like, "you piece of shit?", turned around and walked out.

Good for you! Keep it up, man!!

The worst is when I walked into the locker room at 24 Hour in Highlands Ranch to take a dump, and see a guy at the first sink, right by the entrance, with 5 r 6 more sinks behind him, naked as a jay bird, with his leg up on the counter, blow drying his balls! And he looks up at me and smiles when I walk in! WHAT THE F@(K, YOU F@(KING F@(K?!?!?!?! I just shook my head and gave him a look, like, "you piece of shit?", turned around and walked out.
    I am still traumitized from the naked old man bending over to pick up his socks right when I walk in the lockerroom. That image is forever burnt into my head
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I am still traumitized from the naked old man bending over to pick up his socks right when I walk in the lockerroom. That image is forever burnt into my head
    I'm sure you know what a wall sit is... now picture an naked old hairy dude doing that under the blow drier to get his hair dry... That's my mental scar
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    I'm sure you know what a wall sit is... now picture an naked old hairy dude doing that under the blow drier to get his hair dry... That's my mental scar
    I don't know, that's not as bad as looking up as you walk in to see one leg up on the counter with package pointed right at you, a blowdryer underneath, blowing some of the hot "air" on to you and a dude smiling at you like he's really excited that you just looked right at his junk! Then suddenly realize that he has a razor and shaving cream on the counter and he just shaved his balls at that very sink! Ahhhhh!!!!, ok, i've got to go cut myself and drain the memory from you system to feel better!

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Why are you guys talking about naked old men?

I did not get the full visual the first time

thanks so very much for clarifying
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    I did not get the full visual the first time

thanks so very much for clarifying
    Hahahaha!

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

If you guys need muscle therapy, talk to Bree. She runs XBAM and is present at the MRA events. She's fixed most of the paddock at this point, and certainly is a key reason I'm not hobbling around like a gimp.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I thought this thread would get bigger with the new year? You know, resolutions and shit.

As for me, it's been a little hard to be consistent lately with the move and everything. I've done some runs to explore the new area (45-60 min) and have done an Insanity episode or two (1st month, not 2nd). But I've really just been trying to eat better. Going to Wisconsin for xmas killed me! I need to go back to smaller portions and try to suppress these sweets cravings.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I thought this thread would get bigger with the new year? You know, resolutions and shit.

As for me, it's been a little hard to be consistent lately with the move and everything. I've done some runs to explore the new area (45-60 min) and have done an Insanity episode or two (1st month, not 2nd). But I've really just been trying to eat better. Going to Wisconsin for xmas killed me! I need to go back to smaller portions and try to suppress these sweets cravings.
    Well i didn't make a new years resolution as i think they are dumb, however i did change up my workout routine.

I switched over to isolating certain muscles i workout that day much like Nate said he does a few pages back and well holy shit!!! Did biceps on Tuesday for an hour, then did Pecs yesterday for an hour and i am freaking sore!!!

Today is triceps hopefully i dont have a repeat of last night. My biceps were sore as hell and towards the end of my workout i couldn't push through the remaining reps of my straight chest press my arms just didn't want to push anymore, the workout felt great but man i had to work extra hard to keep my endurance up.