Page 33 of 78 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast

Thread: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Re: CSC Gets Back into Shape 10/1/11

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    I haven't tried 1MR, but everyone says it's pretty good. I haven't tried the Assault either, or anything from MusclePharm for that matter. I know they have a line of protein and all, but I haven't got around to trying anything from them yet.

My favorite Ronnie Coleman video is this one: http://youtu.be/cYAFtpYhjyQ Not sure what I would do if I got pulled over by someone that big and still smelling like the 10 lbs of BBQ chicken he just finished eating.
    I am already afraid of cops, so if a cop his size pulled me over I would freak out. Although since I know what Ronnie looks like I would shout out "light weight" and hope he sees me as a fan and lets me go and doesn't pick me up and rip me in half
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Got this video yesterday of a 128 pnd girl benching 220 pounds. Although I do not consider it a proper lift (didn't go down that far) and since she lifts her butt of it would not count in a contest. I think 200lbs she could do the correct way. Impressive (although she is on some testosterone I bet!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzF2X...layer_embedded

Wow, this girl is ripped! Dana Linn Bailey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVcGf...eature=related
    Last edited by bulldog; Wed Dec 21st, 2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Been eating like crap this month. Still spinning 3 times a week but it is not enough. January is gonna be a big month for training for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Got this video yesterday of a 128 pnd girl benching 220 pounds. Although I do not consider it a proper lift (didn't go down that far) and since she lifts her butt of it would not count in a contest. I think 200lbs she could do the correct way. Impressive (although she is on some testosterone I bet!)

She's badass.... I have her page on my facebook and she's always posting new vids and pics of herself.

I dated a beautiful girl in college that competed in 114lb class. She squatted 240, deaded 260, and benched 135. I think she came out second to a chick that benched 140. She looked like a little cheerleader but was freakishly strong. WAAAAYYYY HOT!!!
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post

Dana Linn Bailey,, MMMMM, I want one!

Found an article from Flex magazine on why you should do barbell excercises at the beginning of a workout and save the dumbells for later on in the workout. Thought I'd share it with you guys/gals.

http://www.flexonline.com/training/raise-bar

HYPOTHESIS One of the most fundamental rules of weight liftingis to do barbell exercises earlier in your workouts and dumbbell exercises later because you can generally press more weight with barbells than dumbbells.
    RESEARCH Researchers from Norway compared the barbell bench to the dumbbell bench in trained weight lifters, measuring how much weight they could press for a one-rep max and analyzing the muscle activity involved in the pecs, front delts, triceps and biceps.
    FINDINGS The researchers confirmed that 20% more weight can be pressed with a barbell than with a dumbbell. They also found that, although there was little difference in the muscle activity of the pecs and delts for both exercises, the dumbbell bench press used less triceps and more biceps.
    CONCLUSION Lifters are much stronger on barbell bench presses than on dumbbell bench presses. However, the Norwegian team also found that dumbbell presses use much less triceps muscle than barbell bench presses. This is likely due to the fact that the movement is more of an arc with dumbbells, as your arms move up and together. The barbell, on the other hand, only allows the arms to move straight up. This allows you to fatigue your triceps on bench presses first. Then when you move on to dumbbell presses, the triceps won’t be the weak link and you can focus more on the pecs.
    APPLICATION Follow the standard practice of doing barbell bench presses first in chest workouts to maximize the amount of weight you bench press and therefore the amount of overload on the chest. Afterward, move to dumbbell presses to better focus on the pecs without the triceps being the weak link. This study sets the barometer for how much weight you should be able to use on dumbbell bench presses — 80% of your barbell bench-press weight. If you’re under this mark, work more on your dumbbell bench presses; if you are over, then work on your barbell bench presses.

Found an article from Flex magazine on why you should do barbell excercises at the beginning of a workout and save the dumbells for later on in the workout. Thought I'd share it with you guys/gals.

http://www.flexonline.com/training/raise-bar
    Thanks 3D! Pretty darn good article, which is kind of weird coming from Flex. Most of the stuff that comes from that magazine is complete crap. I'm amazed at some of the things these "professionals" say. I do agree, but I’d say to constantly change it up. If you think about it in the opposite order, working with dumbbells stresses you ancillary (supporting) muscle groups a lot more than barbells. So, If you hit dumbbells first, say for chest, you are working you tri’s a bit less but you are stressing your forearms, supporting shoulder and back muscles a lot more. Then, when you switch to barbell, you isolate the pecs and tris even more. I always liked working the supporting muscles as much as the primary muscle group. I find it increases total strength, total body growth and overall joint strength. Also, hitting dumbbells first allows you to thoroughly warm up your primary muscle group and joints before hitting the HEAVY stuff with bbells. You should warm up well before any activity but you get my point. So, change it up and you are all good……

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure I put on about 7lbs in the last week,,, courtesy of my mom's fantastic Louisiana cooking. I was just starting to get some nice cuts and they are ALL gone lol! I'll be looking for any motivation I can get to get back into the gym and hit it hard-core. Anyone wants to run or lift and want a partner, holler at me. Like I said earlier, my plan is to Crossfit in the a.m. and run/swim in the p.m. but I'm game to meet someone after work for weights as well. I’m in Westminster but work in Denver.

I drank and was lazy. Lost 6lbs....spending all that time on planes and in airports got me sick too. I'm gonna sleep for the rest of the week and hopefully be back up and running next year.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Since i got sicker than shit and then with the move into the house i haven't been in the gym for two weeks. Not very happy with it at all and my attitude has taken a slightly bad turn. I plan to hit it hard tomorrow and continue on the path i was on before i got sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I drank and was lazy. Lost 6lbs....spending all that time on planes and in airports got me sick too. I'm gonna sleep for the rest of the week and hopefully be back up and running next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Since i got sicker than shit and then with the move into the house i haven't been in the gym for two weeks. Not very happy with it at all and my attitude has taken a slightly bad turn. I plan to hit it hard tomorrow and continue on the path i was on before i got sick.
    It's funny how hard it is to get back in to it, no matter what kind of shape you were in before...

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    It's funny how hard it is to get back in to it, no matter what kind of shape you were in before...
    usually for me when i have a hiccup (which is more often work than anything) once i get one really good workout in i kick back into my groove pretty quickly its time that becomes the issue when you have other priorities.

I lifted and ran when I went home, but I'm not sure it was enough to offset the caloric intake. Although I LOVE sea level! I kept a 7:00 min/mile pace when doing a 2 mile run. That's fast for me. But I also just finished reading "Born to Run" and am really excited to start doing some trail running. If you haven't read it, it's a fantastic book about running. More on the entertaining side, rather than the technical side.

I can't wait to get in some hard workouts post knee surgery. Really miss my usual endorphin fix.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post

I can't wait to get in some hard workouts post knee surgery. Really miss my usual endorphin fix.
    Unless you can't really get around at all, you could still be doing a tun of core and upper body work. Machines don't require you to lug around weights, ya know. Get back in there and get it going so you are still in the game when you knee lets you work legs.

Oh yeah, still lifting upper body....just wanna hammer on my bicycle.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Thu Dec 29th, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Damn I hate how crowded the gym gets around this time of year.... Full of those "new years resolution" people that will only disappear in about a month or two when they realize it's not as easy as they thought to get that 6 pack of abs they seen in a Muscle and Fitness magazine at Safeway.... But, on the upside, they are usually pretty amusing to watch when they try to lift more that they should be attempting. They usaully have no type of gym etiquette, which to me is annoying as hell. So, I'm doing cable pull downs (back day) and I get up to grab a new attachment since I was about to switch excercises. ( Keep in mind that my hoodie and water bottle was still next to my seat. ) As soon as I grab my needed attachment and turn to walk back, I notice some guy on my machine just going at the weights like he's a mini Branch Warren. So, I stand next to him until he's done with his "so called" set and he says, "Oh, were you using this?) Instead of saying what I really wanted to say, I just reply "yes, which is why my things were here." He gets up, I sit down and switch attachments and he says, "I still have 2 more sets to go" to which I just looked at him and put my headphones back in my ears and began my sets. He stood there waiting for me to get up for about 5 min before he decided to find a new machine. I would usually have said that he could work in with me, but I just got pissed because 1) he didn't ask from the beginning and 2) he was automatically expecting me to let him work in without asking.

Sorry, just had to rant a little. I hope tomorrow is better, but I doubt it since I'm doing chest/triceps and for some reason people think it's National Chest Day and everyone in there will most likely be doing chest.....

Damn I hate how crowded the gym gets around this time of year.... Full of those "new years resolution" people that will only disappear in about a month or two when they realize it's not as easy as they thought to get that 6 pack of abs they seen in a Muscle and Fitness magazine at Safeway.... But, on the upside, they are usually pretty amusing to watch when they try to lift more that they should be attempting. They usaully have no type of gym etiquette, which to me is annoying as hell. So, I'm doing cable pull downs (back day) and I get up to grab a new attachment since I was about to switch excercises. ( Keep in mind that my hoodie and water bottle was still next to my seat. ) As soon as I grab my needed attachment and turn to walk back, I notice some guy on my machine just going at the weights like he's a mini Branch Warren. So, I stand next to him until he's done with his "so called" set and he says, "Oh, were you using this?) Instead of saying what I really wanted to say, I just reply "yes, which is why my things were here." He gets up, I sit down and switch attachments and he says, "I still have 2 more sets to go" to which I just looked at him and put my headphones back in my ears and began my sets. He stood there waiting for me to get up for about 5 min before he decided to find a new machine. I would usually have said that he could work in with me, but I just got pissed because 1) he didn't ask from the beginning and 2) he was automatically expecting me to let him work in without asking.

Sorry, just had to rant a little. I hope tomorrow is better, but I doubt it since I'm doing chest/triceps and for some reason people think it's National Chest Day and everyone in there will most likely be doing chest.....
    I couldn't agree with you more! This time of year the worst to be in the gym. I end up so pissed I can barely focus on my sets. Crossfit is almost impossible to do. Like you said, you set one or more stations and it's so F'n obvious that someone is working there and next thing you know there is some asshat just sitting on your box or your bench, talking on his phone. And they ALWAYS get indignant when you ask them to fuck off somewhere else! The best is when I hang my rings from a pullup bar for muscle ups. I walk away to get water or deadlift and there are 3 fat chicks hanging from them like the gym supplied them are something. Has any of these cows ever been in a gym, much less seen olympic rings hanging anywhere?? Get the fuck off my rings, they have a 250lb wieght limit!!!!!
    Last edited by RajunCajun; Sat Dec 31st, 2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: I can't spell worth a crap!

well...i am down a few pounds since the move...between not eating regularly, and having some stomach bug...but I feel like total shit...

checked out a few of the local gyms, but deemed it to not be worth the money for small/dirty places with minimal equip...just CL'd a bench/olympic bar instead, already have a trainer for the pedal bike, and a pretty sweet finished basement to keep it all in.

i drifted up to ~210 form 202 in the last 2 months or so, but with the move and all, I didn't have a chance to do anything, but now i am almost settled in, and can actually prepare some proper food...started a new workout plan this week, but pulled something bad in my neck this morning (re-occurring problem....) so I won't be lifting for a few days as I let that heal up a bit...

I have another friendly weight-loss competiton to win...so I will keep posting up my progress...

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    well...i am down a few pounds since the move...between not eating regularly, and having some stomach bug...but I feel like total shit...

checked out a few of the local gyms, but deemed it to not be worth the money for small/dirty places with minimal equip...just CL'd a bench/olympic bar instead, already have a trainer for the pedal bike, and a pretty sweet finished basement to keep it all in.

i drifted up to ~210 form 202 in the last 2 months or so, but with the move and all, I didn't have a chance to do anything, but now i am almost settled in, and can actually prepare some proper food...started a new workout plan this week, but pulled something bad in my neck this morning (re-occurring problem....) so I won't be lifting for a few days as I let that heal up a bit...

I have another friendly weight-loss competiton to win...so I will keep posting up my progress...

Hang a pull-up bar somewhere, get a few dumbells with your olympic set and you can do some killer workouts. What's up with the neck? Is it muscular or nerve impingement?? I have a pinched nerve that acts up when I don’t stretch enough. If that’s the case with you, hit up a chiropractor and get that shit cracked out so you can get your swole back on!

Is it too late to get into this 2011 fitness thing?
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more! This time of year the worst to be in the gym. I end up so pissed I can barely focus on my sets. Crossfit is almost impossible to do. Like you said, you set one or more stations and it's so F'n obvious that someone is working there and next thing you know there is some asshat just sitting on your box or your bench, talking on his phone. And they ALWAYS get indignant when you ask them to fuck off somewhere else! The best is when I hang my rings from a pullup bar for muscle ups. I walk away to get water or deadlift and there are 3 fat chicks hanging from them like the gym supplied them are something. Has any of these cows ever been in a gym, much less seen olympic rings hanging anywhere?? Get the fuck off my wrings, they have a 250lb wieght limit!!!!!
    Classic.....

What I hate is, and this is even with many regulars, they don’t seem to know the universal sign of “I am done” by putting up their plates. They walk off leaving all the plates on a bar or Hammer machine that you want to use, leaving you wondering if they are done. Are you really that lazy, or just an inconsiderate DB?
    John
    KTM Duke 690