Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Marco Simoncelli

RIP Marco Simoncelli

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/m...bs+to+injuries
    http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/ro...race-canceled/
    http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/R...oncelli+Sepang

Damn!!! first Dan Wheldon and now Marco Simoncelli. WTF!!! is happening out there.. This sucks I really liked watching Marco ride.

RIP

Since I doubt Speed will show anything of what happened. I found this quick video on Youtube. DISCLAIMER: if you don't feel like watching it, Don't it's not pretty. It's the collision between Simoncelli, Edwards and Rossi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR2LmUJS5SU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjbyG7MLnzs <---this one shows the whole thing
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Oct 23rd, 2011 at 06:12 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Re: RIP Marco Simoncelli

Thats crazy, RIP rider...
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I imagine Rossi is taking this particularly hard. I understand he and Marco were friends, and he was involved in the incident that took Simoncelli's life.

RIP Rider.
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

Utterly shocking! I watched the race's first broadcast.

Thankfully Colin Edwards, involved in crash, is ok.

RIP to a most charismatic and talented rider!!

1987: Born in Cattolica, Italy on January 20.
    1996: Runner-up in the Italian Minimoto Championship.
    1999: Champion of the Italian Minimoto Championship.
    2000: Claims a back-to-back title in the Italian Minimoto Championship and is runner-up in the European Minimoto Championship.
    2001: Moves up to the the Italian 125cc Championship and wins the title in his rookie year.
    2002: Wins the European 125cc title.
    2003: Takes part in his first full season in the 125cc World Championship with the Matteoni Racing team.
    2004: Joins the Rauch Bravo team and wins his first Grand Prix at a rain-soaked Jerez.
    2005: Completes another 125cc campaign with the Nocable.it Race team and finishes fifth in the final standings.
    2006: Moves up to the 250cc class riding for Gilera. Finishes the season in 10th overall with a sixth place finish at the Chinese Grand Prix his best result.

2008: June - Wins his first 250cc race at the Italian GP in Mugello in controversial circumstances when Hector Barbera crashed into him after Simoncelli appeared to try to block him off.
    October - Wins the 250cc World Championship after a successful season with Gilera with a third place finish in the Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang.
    2009: Finishes third overall in the 250cc World Championship behind Japan's Hiroshi Aoyama and Spain's Barbera.
    2010: Moves up to ride in his debut MotoGP season for Honda. Finishes 16 of the 18 races en route to eighth place in the championship.
    2011: May - Collides with Dani Pedrosa while battling for second in the French GP. The resulting crash saw Pedrosa break his collarbone and Simoncelli receive a ride-through penalty, eventually finishing fifth. Simoncelli accepted he needed to re-evaluate his driving style and at times be more cautious.
    June - Claims his first MotoGP pole at the Catalan GP but a poor start resulted in a sixth placed finish.
    October 23 - Killed in a crash during the Malaysian GP in Sepang.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1bXKZgwiL
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Sun Oct 23rd, 2011 at 07:29 AM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

R.I.P.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Sad..... RIP
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/20111...lnerabile.html

The loss of Marco Simoncelli has shocked the whole paddock, like friends rivals have retreated into a silence full of emotion and respect, before he could remember Sic. Those below are the first statements of colleagues and team manager at the end of the weekend that no one would ever want to relive.

Andrea Dovizioso: "Faced with these situations, words are not needed. I think of the family of Mark and all those around him, especially his father and mother. I too am a father, I have a daughter and what happened I think is the hardest thing. I saw pictures of the fall. What has happened destabilizes me. I try to relive how you feel when you are pushing strong in the race and the tragedy is just around the corner. I am very saddened by the loss of Mark. He was a strong rider, has always pushed so far. We ran together as kids. I saw him many times without getting hurt, as if he were invulnerable. Attending an accident like that today leaves me amazed, it seems to me impossible. "

Dani Pedrosa: "There is not much to say in front of a tragedy like this. I would like to offer my condolences to his family and everyone close to him. I met his father and I could just hug him, at this time it does not count. It was a tragic accident and we were shocked everyone in the paddock. Many times we forget how dangerous this sport and when a pilot dies, nothing has meaning. Of course, we are doing what we love, but in a situation like today, nothing counts ".

Casey Stoner: "I am shocked and saddened by the loss of Mark. These things happen when you remember how precious life and I feel very sad. I am close to the family of Mark, I can not imagine what they are experiencing. My thoughts go out to them. I hope they can stay together through this tragedy together. "

Shuhei Nakamoto: "There are no words to describe this moment. Mark was a very nice guy and a pilot with great talent. Sometimes I was a little 'hard with him, for example in Brno after his first podium. I told him "Good Luck to the podium!" and he was very angry .. but I just wanted to motivate him because I knew he could do even better. I thought we celebrated together his first victory ... now I just want to thank Mark for what he gave me. My deepest condolences to his family at this time so sad. "

Andrea Iannone: "This is a terrible day for the family of MotoGP. We lose a friend, a great rider with which many of us Italians began his career in the automotive world. I'm sorry and I do not think you can find the right words to express this pain. I am close to his family and the whole team. Mark, I do not forget you. "

Nicky Hayden: (Speaking to Italy 1) "It's a very bad day for everyone. I feel a very strong pain, on the track we are all brothers and we are part of the same family. I will miss Marco a lot, he was a very nice guy. I am close to his family and in these moments they must be strong. "

Hector Barbera: "I am shocked. We as riders know the risks that we run, but we also know that our security is at the of heart the organizers every day. In recent years there have been enormous efforts to make our work more safe. Despite this, there are times when bad luck can lead to tragedy, and that's what happened today with Marco Simoncelli. Today is another terrible day for racing. We lost a great companion and remember Mark as a great adversary with whom I had many great battles in the past. "

Jorge Martinez: "What happened today is immensely sad for the whole paddock, and all those who love motor racing."
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Sun Oct 23rd, 2011 at 09:23 AM.

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

I am speechless. Very devastating news. RIP Marco

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Arrivaderci Marco. Sad, so very sad.

Youtube videos show a horrific crash. The forces that ripped his helmet off must've been tremendous; I hope he didn't suffer.
    Last edited by asp_125; Sun Oct 23rd, 2011 at 08:35 AM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Wow. I'm sad to hear this. RIP Marco.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Very sad news. RIP Marco
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

RIP Marco...Very sad day.
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

a specific position or point in physical space

RIP - Super-Sic

Ciao,
    Drift
    9/7 MotoGP Fan
    "Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul"

http://www.lubedealer.com/otg_oil_lube

RIP Marco. Very sad day.

That's really sad, he was so young.

As far as the helmet... maybe he forgot to fasten it? I do that sometimes but I also always check to make sure its secure before I leave the parking lot.

Either that or a fastener failed.

The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

Truly unfortunate. One of my favorite riders.

RIP Marco.
    Last edited by salsashark; Sun Oct 23rd, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

That's too bad. RIP.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

One of my favorite MotoGP riders. RIP sir
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Utterly terrible accident. RIP Simoncelli.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

Horrible, RIP

Words can't do this justice. RIP Marco!
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

Translated per http://www.gpone.com/index.php/20111...imoncelli.html

There are so many teams and riders, not only from MotoGP, but also WSBK, Motocross, and Formula 1 who have given their thoughts on the web surrounding the loss of Marco Simoncelli. A huge virtual community that has rallied around the family of Sic, sending their love and their suffering.

Here are the messages entrusted on the networks, with the hope they can reach Marco, wherever he is now.

John Hopkins: God Speed #58 Simoncelli .... Your fighting spirit will live on forever !!!
    Bradley Smith: Speechless to the news of Marco #58. Such a sad moment..... R.I.P
    Jorge Lorenzo: Que mierda.
    Toni Cairoli: Non e possibile !!! Non ci sono parole! RIP SIC 58!

Yamaha MotoGp: Rest In Peace Sic....our thoughts are with your family and team..a tragedy...
    Carl Fogarty: Devastated to hear that marco simoncelli has died..the guy was a breath of fresh air in moto gp.. Can't believe it.
    Leon Haslam: What terrible news. R.I.P. MARCO my thoughts to all his family and friends...
    Troy Bayliss: R.I.P Marco.

Ramon Forcada: Impotencia total. El precio a pagar a veces es desproporcionado.
    Wayne Gardner: Stunned. Devastated. Huge huge loss for MotoGP and the world
    Scott Redding: No no no no marco NO I do t want to believe it !!!!! R.I.P much love to you
    Cal Crutchlow: RIP Marco Simoncelli ! A great rider and all round nice guy. My thoughts are with all his family & friends. I will never forget today … #58
    Ducati: Ciao, Marco, da Ducati tutta. / Bye, Marco, from everyone at Ducati.
    LCR: A great tragedy hits MotoGP world today, we have lost a friend Marco Simoncelli. We cry a friend.
    Repsol: It is a very sad day for the motorbike family. We at Repsol join all in feeling the sadness of this terrible loss. RIP Marco Simoncelli.
    Marco Melandri: Buon viaggio Marco. Le parole non spiegheranno mai la sofferenza
    Paul Denning: #58 - a funny, lovely, genuine guy with massive spirit. No words to describe how smashed everyone feels. Such a tragedy. Go well, Marco...

Pablo Nieto: Joder aun no me lo puedo creer!! Es muy injusto Marco tenia toda la vida xdelante! Acabo de hablar con mi padre y esta todo el mundo fatal!!
    DannyWebb: R.I.P marco such a sad situation! What a fantastic rider he was!
    Maverick Vinales: Forza Sic!!..
    Chaz Davies: RIP Marco. Our sport has lost a great rider and all round great guy. My thoughts are with his family.
    Timo Glock: What a horrible week after Dan Wheldon now Marco Simoncelli in Moto GP.! My thoughts are with his family and friends! RIP
    Williams F1: Thoughts with Marco Simoncelli's family&friends today after the Moto GP rider succumbed to his injuries after terrible crash this morning.
    Héctor Faubel: No se k decir la verdad! Xo esto es muy muy fuerte!! Ufff! No tengo palabras... Solo lagrimas... ? super sic un grande y valiente chico
    Julián Simón: Mi apoyo total en este momento para familia, amigos, Team gresini que vuelve a revivir el sufrimiento de perder a un piloto y a todo motogp
    Fonsi Nieto: Hoy es uno de los peores dias de mi vida.... No es justo que pasen estas cosas de verdad!!!! No es justo!!!!!
    Nicky Hayden: Sometimes life just don't make sense... RIP #58 your were a star on & off track we all going to miss you.
    Alex Hofmann: What a loss !!! I am thankful for every moment we shared & all those times u made me laugh ... R.I.P Marco Simoncelli

Jorge Lorenzo: No se que decir de un dia asi... Solo se que te echaremos de menos. Descansa en paz Marco.
    Aleix Espargaró: Es increíble, como cambia la vida en unos segundos.. Siempre te recordaremos Simoncelli 58. Es duro, muy duro, te replanteas muchas cosas...
    Kenny Noyes: Terrible, such a great rider and person. I can't believe it.
    Sergio Gadea: 58 4ever!!! No entiendo xq la vida es tan injusta!!! Nunca te olvidaremos
    Jonathan Rea: Rest in peace Marco Simoncelli! A true inspiration, amazing rider and gentleman! Your legacy will never be forgotten!
    Team Pramac: CIAO MARCO Sarai sempre nei nostri cuori
    Alex Crivillé: Adiós, 'SuperPippo'
    Ben Spies: Super Sic rest easy.....
    Hector Barbera: Sin palabras.Lo q diga poco es... Destrozado!Mucha fuerza a su familia amigos y equipo...Lo llevaremos con nosotros siempre...Es injusto
    Robertino Pietri: Dia muy triste para la familia del mundo a motor ,Adios Marco , SUPER SIC#58, no tengo palabras,estaras siempre en nuestro corazon
    Andrea Dovizioso: RIP Marco. I miei pensieri e le mie preghiere sono rivolti alla famiglia e agli amici di Marco.
    Davide Brivio: Non è giusto però.. Ma com'è possibile e poi perché? Non abbiamo parole... ci sono rischi in questo sport però qui una serie di coincidenze
    Jason Button: R.I.P Marco... Such an exciting talent lost. My thoughts are with his family, friends and everyone involved in MotoGP.
    Alvaro Bautista: Arce Sin palabras...DEP #58
    Uccio Salucci: Non ho parole per esprimere il mio stato d'animo in questo momento.Purtroppo il nostro sport a volte e' bastardo,un saluto al Sic.
    Luca Scassa: Ciao Marco
    Pablo Nieto: All the best for simoncelli family! We never forget you sic 58

Alvaro Bautista: SIC era 1grandisimo piloto y tod@s le echaremos d menos.Mucho animo a su familia y amigos #58
    Eugene Laverty: Devastated to hear of the death of Marco Simoncelli, one of the best of our generation. Thoughts go out to his family. RIP Marco
    FTR: shocked and saddened at the premeture departure of Marco, such a bright talent and huge personality, all our thoughts are with his family.
    Lewis Hamilton: RIP #MarcoSimoncelli. My thoughts are with his family, friends and team at this extremely sad time. Another tragic loss at such an early age
    Joan Olivé: Hoy es un día muy triste,tuve la suerte de compartir equipo con el en 2005,era un gran piloto y muy buena persona.Ánimos para la familia!#58
    Ben Bostrom: Quality vs Quantity in life. We could all learn a lesson here. Live w/the passion Simo raced. Never know when your # is pulled. Ciao Sic

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Ciao Marco....
    CEO, Angry Marmot Motorsports
    07 Passion Red Kawi 650R