Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quit bitching at each other and watch

Quit bitching at each other and watch

It's a repost but I don't give a fuck, it's damn good riding. Thanks to ridersdiscount facebook page for reminding me of how sick racing is and posting this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Etb_kqxnI

Re: Quit bitching at each other and watch

As a general rule, watching things like that while a) we can't do it and b) we can't do it and c) we can't do it, probably just leads to more bitching as our sudden realization at our own inadequacies sublimates into general displeasure at everyone/everything...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

He did it in the rain. We, as amateur shitfucks, can do it on a sunny winter day

if sponsored and have no financial responsibility on wrecking ...hells ya i'll ride like that..

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    if sponsored and have no financial responsibility on wrecking ...hells ya i'll ride like that..
    I'd like to believe that, I really would. But even with complete disregard for money and injury, I still lack talent.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Lack o' talent...

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I'd like to believe that, I really would. But even with complete disregard for money and injury, I still lack talent.
    +1 there. I've seen some guys who can really ride, whose finesse over traction and vague conditions is masterful.

I, however, am not one of them!

Even so, I really admire and respect these abilities.
    Drama is a poor substitute for adventure. (c)2011

That dude got third place?

I guess the first and second place guys must have finished their runs before it started raining.

How would you like to get roundhouse kicked with a motorcycle?

That gives me perma-wood.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post
    That gives me perma-wood.
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

My oh my is that some insane skill! I could never dream to have that kind of bike control! Thanks for posting! I dont think I've ever seen that vid!
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...

Well, he is on rain tires.
    Last edited by FZRguy; Tue Dec 13th, 2011 at 02:27 AM.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    That dude got third place?

I guess the first and second place guys must have finished their runs before it started raining.
    It was Superpole qualifying.

I ride like that all the time. Then I wake up. That's awesome, I love watching the pros do their thing.

Anyone that liked that vid would love Josh Hayes (current AMA champ). He consistently wins in ama, but in times like these, it's next to impossible to do without traction control. Donno how he does it, but he does.

Cuz he's bad ass!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I actually LOVE low traction conditions. I feel at home having the bike slide and move. Maybe that's why I like supermoto so much.

Kiyonari is a BAUCE.

Still one of my top 3 videos to watch.... insane.

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    I actually LOVE low traction conditions. I feel at home having the bike slide and move. Maybe that's why I like supermoto so much.

Kiyonari is a BAUCE.
    I learned to love riding in the rain because even at low speeds and low lean angles you have to be more aware of everything, and you get more (it seems) feedback. Still, I'm never going to be that good, even if I went out in every storm or soaked the track before I went out.

There's a limit to my skill, and I'm realizing I'm at it.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

anyone can be that good. good tracks does not have the crap that public streets have. everytime i get caught in the rain i am straight up on turns...even just a bit of a lean i experience the pucker syndrome

anyone can be that good
    Not

what he's doing goes far beyond track surface

yes. if everyone has the opportunity as these guys do...and no..cause you feel you cant.

yes. if everyone has the opportunity as these guys do...and no..cause you feel you cant.
    Sure, if I had a personal trainer and chef to get me into his physical shape, and then I had unlimited practice time at the track, and an unlimited (essentially) budget for tires and bikes and feedback, then I might have been as good as him IF I started young enough, and if I had the underlying natural aptitude.

But, as it is, it's not just a state of mind, nor the track surface or tires, it's the result of an accumulation of skill that comes through rigorous training and practice, combined with natural talent. Even if I had his talent (and I don't) I lack the time he's been able to put into riding at that level, so no matter how much I can try to think myself into being that good, I never will be as I lack the skill, time, discipline and training that he has...it's not a negative, it's just a fact.

If everyone could do it, then everyone would do it...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Sure, if I had a personal trainer and chef to get me into his physical shape, and then I had unlimited practice time at the track, and an unlimited (essentially) budget for tires and bikes and feedback, then I might have been as good as him IF I started young enough, and if I had the underlying natural aptitude.

But, as it is, it's not just a state of mind, nor the track surface or tires, it's the result of an accumulation of skill that comes through rigorous training and practice, combined with natural talent. Even if I had his talent (and I don't) I lack the time he's been able to put into riding at that level, so no matter how much I can try to think myself into being that good, I never will be as I lack the skill, time, discipline and training that he has...it's not a negative, it's just a fact.

If everyone could do it, then everyone would do it...
    I have had this discussion many times.

Is talent a learned behavior or inherited? You look at Michael Jordan for example. They guy got cut from his high school basketball team and worked his ass off. I believe he is learned talent.

Rossi can hope on a washing machine and ride the coasters of it. That is inherited talent.

I believe you can get to similar levels through learned. Just takes the right person. Could I race motorcycles professionally? I believe I have a decent amount of natural talent and given unlimited time, money, and resources, I believe I could get to a professional level. Would I? Hell no. Cause I don't have time, money, or resources. lol

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    I have had this discussion many times.

Is talent a learned behavior or inherited? You look at Michael Jordan for example. They guy got cut from his high school basketball team and worked his ass off. I believe he is learned talent.

Rossi can hope on a washing machine and ride the coasters of it. That is inherited talent.

I believe you can get to similar levels through learned. Just takes the right person. Could I race motorcycles professionally? I believe I have a decent amount of natural talent and given unlimited time, money, and resources, I believe I could get to a professional level. Would I? Hell no. Cause I don't have time, money, or resources. lol
    I basically agree, there's Talent (raw/natural) and Skill (learned/trained) and the best riders (or best at anything) have a combination of both, OR, if they lack one, they make up for it in the other.

The problem is, talent only takes you so far, then you need the the skill which comes from the time and effort put into training, yet without any natural ability you can train all you want and still suck.

As to racing, I know my talent and skill are definitely not equal to his, nor will they ever be, especially in the rain on a Superbike while trying to set a pole.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson