Thread: Someone didn't tap fast enough! (UFC SPOILER)

Someone didn't tap fast enough! (UFC SPOILER)

Anyone who watch the UFC fights this last Saturday saw Frank Mir get Nogueira in a nice Kimora (shoulder submission). If you looked closer you would have seen the arm snap. Here is the Xray to prove it broke.

http://www.5thround.com/99419/ufc-po...as-broken-arm/

At least UFC takes care of their fighters and put him on a private jet!

EDIT: Changed to "(shoulder submission)" to make technical Barn happy! Just didn't want to put that and then people wonder why I posted a pic of a broken arm.
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Dec 12th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: Someone didn't tap fast enough! (UFC SPOILER)

Fixed the title, and thanks.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Just for the sake of full disclosure, a Kimura is actually intended to put tremendous strain on the victims shoulder. Dislocations from the socket aren't that uncommon.

Since Big Nog is prettymuch the Frankenstein of the MMA world though, he gutted it out and didn't tap quickly from the pain, and well..... let's just say force found the path of least resistance.

If anybody wants to see another gnarly one, look at GSP putting one on Dan Hardy. Obviously GSP doesn't have the physical strength of a guy like Mir, but you can see from how they both applied it, the difference in techniques.

In a nutshell, if most people get a submission hold on you, they're trying to elicit a tap. If Frank Mir gets a submission on you, he wants to take your body parts home for his trophy case. Just look at the difference in GSPs upright, technically-balanced, (and definitely very painful!) version, compared to the technique and pure force that Frank Mir employs, with his wide leg base. Both guys are amazing fighters, but GSP is a gentleman, and Frank Mir is a fuckin' Honey Badger.

Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon Dec 12th, 2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Fixed the title, and thanks.
    Thanks, forgot about the spoiler. Thought everyone watched these live like me

That just looks paintful...
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Thanks, forgot about the spoiler. Thought everyone watched these live like me
    Too full from Jack n Grill to go anywhere.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

YYYUP ive broken that bone, my break was a bit higher up on the bone but nonetheless is sucks. Hes happy on that plane cause he is on some good shit!!!

Karate men.. bruise.. on the inside!

[/Trading Places]
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

same thing happened to me sorta with a arm-bar from the mount. Two shoulder surgeries later I've decided to learn Wing Chun instead, haha.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Snap crackle pop!

Yall hear that Alistair was temporarily cleared to fight..? Lesnar issss fuuuuuukd

http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/12/12/uf...ce=twitterfeed

I hope Lesnar mauls him.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Any pro fighter that is not smart enough to tap in a fully engaged kimura must be out of their minds... ergo what happened. That sucks man, I heard about it but watching the clip... wow lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I thought lesnar was done? He's bound to get the shit kicked out of him because he hasnt fought a winning fight in how long?

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I thought lesnar was done? He's bound to get the shit kicked out of him because he hasnt fought a winning fight in how long?
    He's 4 and 1 in his last five fights. His most recent loss was to the current HW champion, Junior Dos Santos.

If you're gonna post, try and keep up. I'm starting to see a trend here.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    He's 4 and 1 in his last five fights. His most recent loss was to the current HW champion, Junior Dos Santos.

If you're gonna post, try and keep up. I'm starting to see a trend here.
    Guess I fell way behind haven't kept up w UFC in awhile

Lets bet dinner? I will agree that Lesnar is getting better but his real advantage has been in his size. I dont think he would have won at all if he were smaller Now we are going to get to see him fight someone more his size... Who knows. If he wins, I will give him a lot more respect but I just cant see that happening.

Lets get together for that fight!

and he did make Frank Mir his bitch the second time around lol... God I loved that fight cause I do not like Mir for shit
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I needed Vicodin after watching that fight. The continual replays of the shoulder snapping made my shoulder hurt...
    Chris

There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Lets bet dinner? I will agree that Lesnar is getting better but his real advantage has been in his size. I dont think he would have won at all if he were smaller Now we are going to get to see him fight someone more his size... Who knows. If he wins, I will give him a lot more respect but I just cant see that happening.

Lets get together for that fight!
    I guess I can get down with that. I've never really "rooted" for Brock, so this will give me some incentive to support him.

Are you just thinking somewhere like Carrabba's, or more along the lines of Shanahan's?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

And yes, definitely come by for that one if you want. I tend to just watch them from home, but you're more than welcome. We'll get some pizza and burr.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Yall hear that Alistair was temporarily cleared to fight..? Lesnar issss fuuuuuukd

http://bjpenn.com/news/2011/12/12/uf...ce=twitterfeed
    I would be surprised if this fight actually goes down! My bet is it may not happen! Overeem still has to submit clean tests and either he won't pass or he will be a different fighter off the roids.

As always I am down to get together for the fights! Usually it is just Barn his girl, me and mine watching them at his house. Would be nice to be like the old CSC days where we have 20 people watching the fights; mainly did them at Red and Jerry's. Although I am liking Champs nowadays because it is basically free to get in (you pay $5 at the door, but they give you a $5 coupon for food). Plus they do prizes for the person who predicts the most wins! Never had a issue getting in either for overcrowding! Did I mention the food is awesome....walnut crusted chicken!

Although I am liking Champs nowadays because it is basically free to get in (you pay $5 at the door, but they give you a $5 coupon for food). Plus they do prizes for the person who predicts the most wins! Never had a issue getting in either for overcrowding!
    We found a place in Monument that is no cover charge and a bit better than bar food. But they don't do the extras yall get. Too bad Denver is so far away for some things. Maybe try to do a get together for later?

walnut crusted chicken!
    Haha, very much UFC food!
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR