Thread: Pay It Forward

Pay It Forward

Last night the guy in front of me in the drive through payed for my meal. It genuinly shocked me. It made my night and restored my faith in people. I look forward to surprising someone else in the same way. Please remember to "Pay It Forward" I know I will.
    Merry Christmas!
    Whatdja learn?

Re: Pay It Forward

What a nice way to spread the holiday spirit :0)

There was a lady at target the other day in customer service that payed the layaway off on a toy that a lady in front of her put on layaway when she left. That will be a nice suprise when she comes back to pay for it.
    -Travis-

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

It is a good feeling inside when you know that there are good hearted people in our world! Kudos to the people who do these sorts of things!!!
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

Very nice, glad there's still good hearted folks out there.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I've been hearing about a lot of people paying off layaways for other people.

Oh, and "paid", not "payed".
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

So did you pay for the guy's meal behind you?
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

I paid for a coffee at the Starbucks drive thru one time.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Pay it forward gives you such a good feeling. I does restore your faith in human kind.

On another forum I started a pay it forward thread and this looks like a good place here.

If you have any riding gear that is not being used please feel free to pay it forward to someone that is in need. I have done gear, camera's and all sorts of other items and others have done the same even to include a couple of bikes.

So come on Rocky mountains, someone out there really needs your old stuff.

Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

Payed, Paid.
    maybi santa claws wyl sent mi a spellchik next yeer.
    Merry Christmas everyone.
    Whatdja learn?

Thanks to a newb on here who happens to be my younger cousin (ws6charged). This guy really went all out with the gift cards this Christmas. What a blessing, you really put a huge smile on the wife and kids face. I have an extra helmet that I no longer use you can have... and you know my mad tax preparer skills
    I can help you this tax season...
    If he doesn't take the helmet I will post it for someone on the board who can use it free of charge.
    I'm sure you all will hear more from him this coming year. All around good guy.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Yesterday on P2P just North of Ned, I helped a guy who'd gotten his Subie stuck in the snow, out of it. Ironically, he was from the fire station up in Ned and he should have known better but we had a laugh about it all. Turns out them Subies AREN'T the shiznit in the snow even with snow tires......if you get 'em high-centered. In fact, from what I saw from initially trying to push him out by hand, the thing has open diffs front and rear, no locker or even a LSD. Hell, even my little RAV4 can lock the transfer case even if it has open diffs too (although it has TC by using the brakes).
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    I've been hearing about a lot of people paying off layaways for other people.

Oh, and "paid", not "payed".
    Can someone please pay off my new dental crown?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

So did you pay for the guy's meal behind you?
    hardee har har..it would've been a good domino effect.

It does restore your faith in human kind.
    no. its a bit mere in comparison. but it is still a good gesture.

couple weeks ago took my lil one to JumpStreet. she loves that place. 20 min in, in hangin around, a teenager goes "sir do you have 75 cents so i can jump with my friends?" I was needing to get a bottle of water anyhoos. I go sure no problem. We get up to the counter. Poor kid did not need 75 cents , he needed 3 dollars. Who knows. Well i paid it forward. They were all gracious. Yes even though it was mininscule on my part, it did feel good to give.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Last year around Christmas time, I also had someone in front of me in the drivethru pay for my meal. But they left a little slip with the guy running the drivethru window to give to me and it said something about how I should come to their church. I had mixed feelings on that one. "Here, I bought your Taco Bell, now you should feel properly humbled and accept Jesus as your personal savior." I still appreciated the gesture though, for sure.

Last Thursday, I also managed to get my truck stuck in a snowbank after swerving to miss a guy who had gone sideways in the road. Within 5 minutes, a 4x4 showed up with a tow strap and had me out in 30 seconds. Then they grabbed the tow strap and took off before I could even say thank you!

the guy running the drivethru window to give to me and it said something about how I should come to their church. I had mixed feelings on that one. "Here, I bought your Taco Bell, now you should feel properly humbled and accept Jesus as your personal savior." I still appreciated the gesture though, for sure.
    Oh Crack'd....thatsa Funny....need more christians for their army. the end is coming less than a yr....

Quote Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
    Last year around Christmas time, I also had someone in front of me in the drivethru pay for my meal. But they left a little slip with the guy running the drivethru window to give to me and it said something about how I should come to their church. I had mixed feelings on that one. "Here, I bought your Taco Bell, now you should feel properly humbled and accept Jesus as your personal savior." I still appreciated the gesture though, for sure.
    You should have gone to the church.......a day later to return the Taco Hell food when you were through with it, all the while screaming "Oh God, Oh GOD!" while on the bowl with your intestines crying for mercy!

(Ok, so, maybe I'll burn for that one....)

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

Haters gonna hate!

We rode up to Mt. Evans this year and were pleasantly surprised to find out that the guy on the Goldwing in front of us had paid our way. Really nice guy too, we had a nice conversation at the top