Thread: Nurburgring in Nevada?

Nurburgring in Nevada?

How cool would this be? A clone of Nurburgring in Nevada!

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1ApIer...a-178971.html/

Gold Member

Re: Nurburgring in Nevada?

That could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    How cool would this be? A clone of Nurburgring in Nevada!

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1ApIer...a-178971.html/
    Dumb. You know how fuckin hot it gets out in the desert? How they gonna do all of the elevation changes in area that's as flat as a pancake. And why make a replica? Why not come up with something original?

Gold Member

Bro............ the entire state of nv flat???? Theres more mountainsin nv than co.lol.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

And plus, road-tripping out to NV to for a trackday weekend is lifetimes more accessible than me ever doing the same in Germany.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Speedway Motorsports owns and operates eight race tracks, including Charlotte Motor Speedway, Texas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Infineon Raceway, and others. Though Smith is known for building race tracks, the Nürburgring copy would be used strictly for testing purposes, available to manufacturers and private individuals.
    CSC / MRA winter testing road trip anyone?

If anybody can build it he (Smith) can, didn't he try to buy and shut down PPIR to build a Nascrap track in Aurora a few years back?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I wonder if the magazines and times would accept it for competition to the real ring, either way itd be cool for all our own testing.

Anyone know what the difference in elevation is between the two? That would make a big difference on times.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

So let's assume they're talking about recreating the entire Nurburgring complex. Both the track and the toll road.

1. Replication's not the issue... Vegas sits in a valley surrounded by mountains.
    2. Could be a lot of fun in from Oct through May
    3. Would like to see more info regarding "individual testing". Hell, anyone can rent the Indy speedway if they have enough money. Is this proposed track going to be an elitist rich boy playground, or are normal people going to be able to throw down 30-40 bucks for a run like the current Nordschleife?
    4. Only issue I have is that a private company will own and operate, but are asking the BLM to "donate" the land.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I wonder if the magazines and times would accept it for competition to the real ring, either way itd be cool for all our own testing.

Anyone know what the difference in elevation is between the two? That would make a big difference on times.
    Elevation is actually very close. I found a stat on the Nurburgring saying the low point is 320 meters with the high point being 620 meters, Las Vegas is officially 620 meters

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Bro............ the entire state of nv flat???? Theres more mountainsin nv than co.lol.
    From what I've heard, they're talking just SW of Vegas. Google earth that shit, bro. Desert. They gonna divert more water from the Colorado and plant some trees? The Ring is the Ring. I don't see the point in replicating shit. Why not build something better? And I'll say it again, it's fuckin hot out there. 120 degree track days don't sound that appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    120 degree track days don't sound that appealing to me.
    Maybe it'll be an air conditioned indoor track. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    So let's assume they're talking about recreating the entire Nurburgring complex. Both the track and the toll road.

1. Replication's not the issue... Vegas sits in a valley surrounded by mountains.
    2. Could be a lot of fun in from Oct through May
    3. Would like to see more info regarding "individual testing". Hell, anyone can rent the Indy speedway if they have enough money. Is this proposed track going to be an elitist rich boy playground, or are normal people going to be able to throw down 30-40 bucks for a run like the current Nordschleife?
    4. Only issue I have is that a private company will own and operate, but are asking the BLM to "donate" the land.

My guess is that they would be targeting manufacturers--why send your new Cadillac ATS and its support/test staff all the way to Germany when you can do your testing here at home--for a massive fee, no doubt.

I'm not seeing this as the $30-40/run Nurburgring days in Germany, this seems like it will cater to the uber-wealthy that play in LV and want to take their supercars out for a romp.

Nothing in the blurb or in any blurb I can Google seems to suggest Open Track Days, local race support, or anything like that. It's being proposed as a Test & Tune facility--on "donated" government land...for a private corporation to profit off of...Hmm...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    My guess is that they would be targeting manufacturers--why send your new Cadillac ATS and its support/test staff all the way to Germany when you can do your testing here at home--for a massive fee, no doubt.

I'm not seeing this as the $30-40/run Nurburgring days in Germany, this seems like it will cater to the uber-wealthy that play in LV and want to take their supercars out for a romp.

Nothing in the blurb or in any blurb I can Google seems to suggest Open Track Days, local race support, or anything like that. It's being proposed as a Test & Tune facility--on "donated" government land...for a private corporation to profit off of...Hmm...
    Excellent points. Honda built a large test site outside of Mojave CA, and I remember seeing a couple NSX's driving around way back in the day even before they were for sale. Why not buy the Honda track and simply renovate it?

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/N...-425-7646.aspx
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

The "Green Hell" name probably wouldn't apply at the Vegas version, "brown hell" maybe.

On the flip side of "cool" how much OHV trails will be closed in that 8,000 acres!!! Shutting out people that actually own the land, the public that pays taxes. Why should a corporation get 8,000 acres to make money on.

I'm just saying, coming from an off-roaders eyes it looks like BS to me.

This reminds me of the "Ring of the Rockies", Motorsport Country Club project that was being promoted a few years ago. Don't know what happened with it, or if it's still viable. I know they had a few millionaires onboard, but still needed more support...

http://motorsportcc.com/race_club.html

http://motorsportcc.com/track/roadcircuits.html

The elite track architect: http://motorsportcc.com/track/architect.html
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

dude 3 people will die , they'll close the bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Samko View Post
    dude 3 people will die , they'll close the bitch down.
    No... Some chick will show her tits to the winner and they will close the bitch down.

we live in (prude ass) America