Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 1 HPR track day- No joke

Re: April 1 HPR track day- No joke

Cool. If no one else wants in, I can throw down for half.

How much would my share be of the carport?

No power car port is $25. So say $6.

i'm in, if it's still available.

jesus

looks like the April fool got us. Anyway, I'm on a charcoal r6 being towed with a dark grey frontier.

-buddahson -aka: Matt

Great day out there. The weather could not have been better. Nice to meet a few new faces as well.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

Yea boy! That was about as perfect of a day as you can get out there. Low 80's just enough of a breeze to keep cool and ~25 bikes and no sessions. Thanks to all that didn't run me and the wife over as we made our way around at noob speeds. She had a great time and will be back. I know I am a bit biased in this case but chicks that ride (especially on the track) are hot!

Yesterday was an awesome day! I am very glad that I was able to get back out on the track. I am also very thankful for all of the support I have received from everyone. Thank you for all of your support! It means a lot to know that people are there when you need them and are willing to help.

Below is a quick video of one of my laps. I know my form is sloppy, so feel free to look past that and see what I see - a guy and his bike having a great time on the track!

>LINK<
    www.onthemarcphotography.com

On a side note, since it was an open lapping day and no seesions, I was able to do 168.7 miles of track time yesterday!!! Great weather, great track and great people . . . it really doesn't get much better than that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I know I am a bit biased in this case but chicks that ride (especially on the track) are hot!
    Biased or not, I agree with you 100%

bike in the shop or i would

Here is a video of my wife doing some laps, we are slow but you don't have to be fast to go out and have fun. This is something she would have never thought she would be doing a couple years ago but here she is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLyT...&feature=share

We are using a set of Scala Q2 communicators so I am able to talk to her and she can let me know whats going on with her, this is the single best teaching tool we have. I can not recommend these enough. I was even able to calm her down after the 2:32 min. mark

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Here is a video of my wife doing some laps, we are slow but you don't have to be fast to go out and have fun. This is something she would have never thought she would be doing a couple years ago but here she is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHLyT...&feature=share

We are using a set of Scala Q2 communicators so I am able to talk to her and she can let me know whats going on with her, this is the single best teaching tool we have. I can not recommend these enough. I was even able to calm her down after the 2:32 min. mark
    I cant wait to get out there for the first time!!

It was great seeing you guys out there! She looks very comfortable!

I flinched when those two bikes split around her. She looks good out there. I would take sweetie out there again if she had any desire to, but probably only at Chicane.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I think if they run sessions Nawtee would be ok running in the slow group but a busy open track might be a little intimidating for her right now, we will see how that plays out. If enough slower riders show up Glenn usually goes to sessions. Sunday was just an ideal day for her to get out there, weather, attendance, hours and pricing all came together to make it a perfect day.

She looked great out there. She seemed to be riding with confidence and holding her line well. I was out there a couple of times with about 6 bikes out there.
    We will do sessions when needed for sure but i think we only had about 30 bikes total on sunday.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

I think if they run sessions Nawtee would be ok running in the slow group but a busy open track might be a little intimidating for her right now, we will see how that plays out....
    +1 for my sweetie. Hell, I'd be intimidated if a white plate was to pass inches from my elbow at those closing speeds.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Bueller I need to know how you managed to talk her into that and could you talk to my wife for me I tried to give youy guys as much room as possible out there but if I came too close I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by mauser72 View Post
    Bueller I need to know how you managed to talk her into that and could you talk to my wife for me I tried to give youy guys as much room as possible out there but if I came too close I apologize
    I worked her into it very slowly, never pushing past her max comfort level. Start at IMI on non busy days and then I started passing her closely with my extremely loud 250 so she wouldn't jump out of her skin when others passed her.
    For the most part like I said, the Scala communicators have been the number 1 reason she has learned to ride on the street and they have been huge for learning the track. She would not have been out there Sunday without them.
    During the MRA race weekends they have a deal at lunch that for $5 you can do 3 parade laps around the track, so we brought her bike with us to the races and we did this for a few time so she could ride the track without any pressure whatsoever, then onto Chicane "never ever" deal.
    She did the Chicane day and that was a great introduction to "track day" atmosphere.
    We are working towards her doing a Superstreet day before the end of this season.

And she was fine with everyone's passes, she even commented one time that "someone just passed me and gave me the thumbs up" she didn't know for sure what that meant but I told her that was Applehans and he was letting you know that you were doing a good job of holding your line

Bueller - I second your recommendation on the Q2 (or any other comm unit). Monica and I wear ours every time we ride, both on and off the track. If you ask Monica, she would agree that it makes a huge difference for her to get the instant feedback and reassurance of knowing that she can ask anything she wants at any time. The only thing that I would caution anyone about is that you have to have the right relationship and personalities to make this work. If you don't then this would create a very tense situation to have someone else in your head when you are riding.

Yea no shit

Caution: Users should like each other and patience is an absolute on both sides

^^^^^ Pretty sure the same is true for marriage. Glad you guys had a good time. Can't wait to get back on the track myself.
    John
    KTM Duke 690