Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: P2P

Re: P2P

Rode p2p on Sat and passed a po po in his favorite spot. I was riding correct and waved as I went by. Didn't get pulled over but didn't get a return wave,, only a glare mixed with stink eye.
    I may not go down in history, but I might go down on your sister!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Problem is, someone ELSE pisses off the cops, and/or the cagers, and then they both decide to hate *every* other rider out there.

As NN posted above, you don't have to ride like a fucking idiot all the time--do it when there's no one around.

One of the main reasons I quit group rides was because I was sick of being part of a pack of idiots who'd pass on double yellows, hike wheelies through towns, and generally be attention-grabbing fucktards that would, inevitably, get the cops called out.

But, even when I'm not in those groups, the anti-bike (particularly anti-Sport Bike) fervor is so rabid that I'm guilty by association--merely owning/riding a sportbike has lumped me in with the idiots, and I find that highly fucking irritating.

Yes, it's fun to go do stupid shit, I get it, just don't do it where and when it scares/pisses everyone off so that everyone is now out to get *every* rider...especially in the age of cell phones where everything is now video'd and then shown to the cops that they just called after witnessing your too-close/near-head-on DYP and/or general fucktardery.

Common Sense, pity it's so uncommon...
    I get what you're saying man, just saying there's times even riders are going dumb and they don't accept it... you couldn't have said it better, the lack of common sense in the world is unreal. Looks like a lot of solo riding for me this season as I have no issues riding slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Most folks that bitch about 'crotchrockets' wouldn't if the riders would show some restraint. Fucktards that insist on passing on double yellows and in blind corners are the biggest bitch out there. If a rider makes ANY motorist uncomfortable under any circumstance (while the motorist is abiding by the law) then expect this attitude. I have found if you give all the cages plenty of room AND DON'T PULL ANY SHIT TO SCARE THEM, you can usually get around them at speed and not have them shit their wadded panties. Just a thought.

I completely agree. Give em room, give em a wave, dont ride 3 feet off their rear bumper, dont pass on double yellow. I think its written somewhere "do unto others as you would have them due unto you." In other words, dont be an asshole. Seems simple to me.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Rode p2p on Sat and passed a po po in his favorite spot. I was riding correct and waved as I went by. Didn't get pulled over but didn't get a return wave,, only a glare mixed with stink eye

that is probably because he walk in on you and his sista....haha

i saw cops this weekend

When I get out there this was one of my to do rides up to estes. (usually on a weekday) I never hit any cops, (thankfully) also it ws funny for it seemed you could tell the 'locals' from the tourists (yes lol like me).. I've had a couple locals pull further to the side and wave me on before and in return waved back. Now vacationers especially pulling a 5th wheel.. Yikes!!

This is what he posted on his FB page. He's pissed.
    Who's that?
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Most folks that bitch about 'crotchrockets' wouldn't if the riders would show some restraint. Fucktards that insist on passing on double yellows and in blind corners are the biggest bitch out there. If a rider makes ANY motorist uncomfortable under any circumstance (while the motorist is abiding by the law) then expect this attitude. I have found if you give all the cages plenty of room AND DON'T PULL ANY SHIT TO SCARE THEM, you can usually get around them at speed and not have them shit their wadded panties. Just a thought.
    Almost every time i have gone out so far this season every car i get behind i have kept my distance and they have been pulling to the side for me, at the beginning it seemed everyone was going to be fairly mature and civil about this years riding but it seems a lot of other riders have now fucked that up for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I completely agree. Give em room, give em a wave, dont ride 3 feet off their rear bumper, dont pass on double yellow. I think its written somewhere "do unto others as you would have them due unto you." In other words, dont be an asshole. Seems simple to me.
    Simple to you only because you've got common sense.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Who's that?
    Someone you don't know.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Someone you don't know.
    Nevermind, I didn't read your prior post that it was a personal friend. Thought you meant some cop that lives up there
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

In the mere 21 years I have been ridding sport bikes between deckers and Poudre Canyon, Cops have been treating Sport bikes like a disease. I know for a fact that there are allot of guys that wick it up when the flashing lights click on and disappear. So when the "Law abiding" Rider passes a minute later at 8 mph over, he snags em. Running is dicey and if you really have that much to lose if you do stop then you should be one of the careful ones out there trying to preserve your privilege to ride. Excessive speeds carry the potential to kill you and anybody else involved. Wait until the higher roads get cleared (Steamboat, Walden, and Wolf Creek etc.) before you get on the gas. Cops seem to mind allot less if you are the only person around and you’re speeding excessively. At this point in the season we are all bunched up on a few roads that have been reported clean. Just my 2 cents worth.

R.I.P. Riders

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals

This is nothing new...cops do this every year and every year it gets worse because more and more fools buy bikes and abuse them, which piss more and more cops off. I got told this in Deckers years ago, so now it is just expanding to other areas. Let's face it, people who live up in these mountains roads are sick of sportbikes using the roads as a racetrack.

If anything this is a transition from newer riders becoming veterans and learning you can't really push it on the street and learning to be able to enjoy riding without pushing it so hard. I wish I could still fly around on the street like I used to, but many, many, tickets have showed me that they will catch you and they are not as easily handing out warnings to sportbikes anymore.

People think cops do not know the popular places for sportbikes to speed!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    This is nothing new...cops do this every year and every year it gets worse because more and more fools buy bikes and abuse them, which piss more and more cops off. I got told this in Deckers years ago, so now it is just expanding to other areas. Let's face it, people who live up in these mountains roads are sick of sportbikes using the roads as a racetrack.

If anything this is a transition from newer riders becoming veterans and learning you can't really push it on the street and learning to be able to enjoy riding without pushing it so hard. I wish I could still fly around on the street like I used to, but many, many, tickets have showed me that they will catch you and they are not as easily handing out warnings to sportbikes anymore.

People think cops do not know the popular places for sportbikes to speed!
    Agreed they have been sitting in the same spots year after year. And I have still managed to get a ticket this year. I was pulled over on the side of the road and a cop that i passed came along and ticketed me. Damn!!!

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals

It's also a fact that now, unlike 10-20 years ago, more people are living in the mountains and along the "good" roads (that used to be very sparsely populated), more of the people living up there are rich retirees who are apt to bitch and complain about people buzzing by their $1.5Million dollar home at 110mph, and nearly 99.99% of all people have their cell phones with them in their cars and cell coverage is getting much better throughout the mountains--so if they're bored and sick of doing 35mph stuck behind an RV and you go blasting by on a DYP at 95mph they've got nothing better to do than to call the cops and complain, especially now that there's far more traffic on these roads than ever before.

And, lastly, cops are more aggressive about ticketing because it raises revenue, it meets quotas and it makes a public perception that they are doing something to those who called them complaining about the last bike that sped past their house.

Add in the growth of the sport and the higher numbers of idiots with sport bikes and this all conspires to make life miserable for your average rider who's going to catch the brunt of the bullshit caused by other riders.

When I started riding the old guys I rode with used to talk about how great it was in the 70s/80s and how terrible it was in the 90s. Comparatively, I'd rather be riding in 1995 than 2015.

And, as this trend continues, expect everything to simply get worse, not better.
    Last edited by Ghost; Mon Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: DYAC
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

It's also a fact that now, unlike 10-20 years ago, more people are living in the mountains and along the "good" roads (that used to be very sparsely populated), more of the people living up there are rich retirees who are apt to bitch and complain about people buzzing by their $1.5Million dollar home at 110mph, and nearly 99.99% of all people have their cell phones with them in their cars and cell coverage is getting much better throughout the mountains--so if they're bored and sick of doing 35mph stuck behind an RV and you go blasting by on a DYP at 95mph they've got nothing better to do than to call the cops and complain, especially now that there's far more traffic on these roads than ever before.

And, lastly, cops are more aggressive about ticketing because it raises revenue, it meets quotas and it makes a public perception that they are doing something to those who called them complaining about the last bike that sped past their house.

Add in the growth of the sport and the higher numbers of idiots with sport bikes and this all conspires to make life miserable for your average rider who's going to catch the brunt of the bullshit caused by other riders.

When I started riding the old guys I rode with used to talk about how great it was in the 70s/80s and how terrible it was in the 90s. Comparatively, I'd rather be riding in 1995 than 2015.

And, as this trend continues, expect everything to simply get worse, not better.
    Yup, and then add on how easy it is to get 12 points in one year to lose your license (or 18 in two years). You don't realize that till you get one 6 point speeding ticket and you are half way there for the year. Could you imagine losing your license and having to take a bus to work....it would take me 3 times longer on a bus and some walking. As others have said and I have grown to learn...driving is a privilege and not a right!!!

Yup, and then add on how easy it is to get 12 points in one year to lose your license (or 18 in two years). You don't realize that till you get one 6 point speeding ticket and you are half way there for the year.
    Which is actually why the current points setup is really a fucking stupid system--if they want to make money (and they do) then the points should be a lot lower and the fines much higher so they can keep nailing the repeat customers...

Meh. We need some newly-paved but unoccupied roads to open up...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Talking Re: P2P

Which is actually why the current points setup is really a fucking stupid system--if they want to make money (and they do) then the points should be a lot lower and the fines much higher so they can keep nailing the repeat customers...

Meh. We need some newly-paved but unoccupied roads to open up...
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Stay off it or if you go on it better watch your ass, buddy just got a 6 pointer and they told him they are pullin anyone over going 2mph over the limit to crack down hard.

Same stretch I got my ticket i beat, I didn't plan to go on P2P at all this season.

You've been warned.

Thanks for the warning. I only recently heard about P2P. Kinda glad we didn't make it up there this weekend. Would be a shame to get ticketed in the start of the season.

So far I've encountered very nice and considerate motorists. They are always waving me to pass them when I'm riding up behind them

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Coming back from Deckers two weekends ago, I encountered a nice motorist who was waving at me with his middle finger.. I thought, how nice.. he's telling me to go F myself... so thoughtful of him!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Coming back from Deckers two weekends ago, I encountered a nice motorist who was waving at me with his middle finger.. I thought, how nice.. he's telling me to go F myself... so thoughtful of him!
    He was just telling you that you were #1.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

AWESOME!! ... I was actually #3 at the time
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    .... I thought, how nice.. he's telling me to go F myself... so thoughtful of him!
    Nice is telling you, ... thoughtful is providing the batteries.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Damn did I call it or what! People that live there are sick of motorcycles flying aorund on those roads.

One interesting thing I hear is he was going to give a ticket for "earbuds". I assume your buddy was listening to music? Interesting they can give a ticket for that. Glad I switched back to earlplugs, but wondering if that is illegal too. Hope not because wind noise kills hearing!