Thread: MotoAdventure Kawasaki - Loveland

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Thumbs up MotoAdventure Kawasaki - Loveland

A few years ago a member on this forum listed a 1989 Honda CB-1 for sale both here and on CL. Sarah had been wanting to learn to ride and in a matter of minutes friends spotted the bike for sale and were emailing both of us that this was the bike for her.

It was.

For those of you who have no idea what a CB-1 is, it's a 400CC four cylinder water cooled "standard". The engine features gear driven camshafts and was also put in the CBR400RR. It's small, it's light - it's all things good for a first bike. It uses 17" tires, so we can still get tires for it and it was only imported to the US for two model years, so you don't see many of them.

We got to look at the bike and it was everything it was advertised to be. Exceptionally clean and obviously well cared for.

Last year we started having some problems with it - starting / running issues mostly. I enlisted the help of my good friend Dave Rose to work through some of the problems with me. Long story short - we never fully found the problem. We would find things, fix them, the bike would run for a while and then would start having problems again.

Enter MotoAdventure, and their lead mechanic Adam. Over the winter I dropped the bike off with them with a description of the problem. Adam got straight to work and discovered the problem. The cylinder head was so filled with gunk and carbon that valves were intermittently sticking open.

Adam completely tore down and rebuilt the cylinder head cleaning each part carefully and reassembling with new seals as needed.

The bike runs better than ever. It starts easily and runs strong, much stronger than it did in the past. The reliability problems are gone, the bike has been running great all spring.

Honest work at an honest rate from a fantastic mechanic, all backed by great customer service. These are the qualities I look for when I choose a shop and MotoAdventure delivered.

Highly recommended

Scott

Re: MotoAdventure Kawasaki - Loveland

I wonder if it was the same blue CB-1 I saw at RMK about 3yrs ago, not too many of them around.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Re: MotoAdventure Kawasaki - Loveland

you mean you couldn't just blow that shit out at the track?

1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE