Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One for Grim

Re: One for Grim

Yeah, people are so retarded, only 20% of the people out there actually know what that skinny stalk is on the left side of their steeringwheel. Or the idiots think you're suppose to signal AFTER you start changing lanes, not actually as a warning.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I said that woulda pissed me off... Im not quite sure why you think that it is some horrible flying off the handle uncontrollable raging psychotic reaction that would cause a person to have a heart attack.

I don't get nearly as mad as MG did in the vid. I might have honked and threw my left arm out to demonstrate that they should signal next time.
    Last edited by Hoot; Tue Apr 17th, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Sorry to break it to you fellas, but you're wrong here. The sign next to the Prius (for the left lane) says left on Youngsfield only. The middle lane, you can go straight AND turn left onto Youngsfield. Plus, follow the lines on the road, he was crossing into MY lane. The right turn lane can either go into the middle or the right lane. The left turn lane needs to stay in the left lane, so suck it.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Awh... The lilacs smelled good on the way home

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    I said that woulda pissed me off... Im not quite sure why you think that it is some horrible flying off the handle uncontrollable raging psyco that would cause themselves to have a heart attack.

I don't get nearly as mad as MG did in the vid. I might have honked and threw my left arm out to demonstrate that they should signal next time.
    No, I was talking about getting mad enough to switch lanes, ride super close to the offending car, flip them off then blast though an intersection. Then take the time to upload it to youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    No, I was talking about getting mad enough to switch lanes, ride super close to the offending car, flip them off then blast though an intersection. Then take the time to upload it to youtube.
    Oh... You mean the person who took the video?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Damn Wickster! You seem to have a habit of not keeping your lane and then yelling at the other cars, thinking it's their fault.

I found this link you posted on YouTube, from the one above. You seem to do it again at around :23 in. I assume your blinker was on indicating your desire to make the R-H-T, but instead of staying in either the L-middle or R-iddle lanes, [left of the Red vehicle that also turned right] (and also who didn't turn to their innermost...), you seem to want to occupy the outermost lane, which is rightfully the black cars; as they are making a L-H-T into their innermost lane. And yes, I do realize that both the lane you were in, and the lane to your left can go straight, and maybe it was their "bad" assumption that you were turning (instead of maybe having a false blinker), but still... once the turns were initiated and all parties began going, the last lanes you should have been close to, are the ones next to that black car.

I'm beginning to see a trend here....
    In that one, if I had been going straight, which you can do from that lane, she would have hit me. So I had the right of way, which is why I honked at her dumbass.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Sorry to break it to you fellas, but you're wrong here. The sign next to the Prius (for the left lane) says left on Youngsfield only. The middle lane, you can go straight AND turn left onto Youngsfield. Plus, follow the lines on the road, he was crossing into MY lane. The right turn lane can either go into the middle or the right lane. The left turn lane needs to stay in the left lane, so suck it.

The sign next to the Prius (for the left lane) says left on Youngsfield only. The middle lane, you can go straight AND turn left onto Youngsfield. Plus, follow the lines on the road, he was crossing into MY lane. The right turn lane can either go into the middle or the right lane.
    Ahh, well that explains it, it's a weird one for sure, if you can't see the preliminary direction signs.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Ahh, well that explains it, it's a weird one for sure, if you can't see the preliminary direction signs.
    Even if I did go all the way to the right, he was still trying to get all the way to the right, from the left turn lane. If he wanted to turn right onto Youngsfield, the dumbass needed to be in the right turn lane.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

And I honked at EVO bitch because she just pushed her way in. If she had signaled and waited, I would have let her in. But she just squeezed her way in. "Objects in wide angle gopro are closer than they appear".
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

I always assume everyone is out to try and kill me on the bike. Hell, I even think like this in the cage, and it's kept me outta a few wrecks. Stay diligent out there.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Even if I did go all the way to the right, he was still trying to get all the way to the right, from the left turn lane. If he wanted to turn right onto Youngsfield, the dumbass needed to be in the right turn lane.
    Preach it brotha!!!!

Next time we are on a group ride and someone pulls this kind of crap, we will encircle them and force them to a stop, you hop on their hood and start preaching from a drivers ed manual! /endsarcasm

And yes, I do overreact a lot... you can blame my mom. All us kids yell at other drivers, I'm just the only one that gets to record it.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Preach it brotha!!!!

Next time we are on a group ride and someone pulls this kind of crap, we will encircle them and force them to a stop, you hop on their hood and start preaching from a drivers ed manual! /endsarcasm
    I'm not Dana!!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

And yes, I do overreact a lot... you can blame my mom. All us kids yell at other drivers, I'm just the only one that gets to record it.
    +1 I yell a lot in the helmet, and use a certain digit quite often.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    Now go back and draw me some pictures, bitch!!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Merp!! and I was the only one defending Wicky, shame on you guys!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Merp!! and I was the only one defending Wicky, shame on you guys!
    Chadwick knows I love him. I just enjoy dissecting the details.

Here's something I just snipped from the Colorado Driver's HB:
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=I-70+%...80401&t=h&z=20

Let's look at the aerial view shall we?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=I-70+%...179.23,,0,4.98

Can't quite read that sign, it may say "Left Turn on Youngfield Only"

From the air the leftmost turn lane clearly feeds into the left turn only lane, while the right hand turn lane feeds into the center turn/through lane.

I used to take this interchange a lot while I was working on that side of town.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I go through that intersection a lot, unfortunately. I know how it works there.

It's like people turning left at the 1st intersection from eastbound I-70 onto northbound Kipling, even though there's a sign there saying that it's not allowed. Drives me nuts. Sometimes, when I'm in the cage, I'll turn right from the light and block fuckers trying to turn left at the light from the merge lane.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Chadwick knows I love him. I just enjoy dissecting the details.

Here's something I just snipped from the Colorado Driver's HB:
    So if you read that it says... "Complete your turn in the lane closest to you on your side of the street. And always follow the solid white lones in intersections using multiple turn lanes." Things that make you go hmmmmm.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

K, I'm done. Back to Draw Something and catching up on Game of Thrones.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825