Thread: Motogear Outlet FTW!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Thumbs up Motogear Outlet FTW!

Walked in to Motogear yesterday on a mission. I needed a new helmet, a bigger tail bag for longer trips and a few other odds and ends. In less than an hour they had me into an RF-1100, had my new T-Bag folded up and in my backpack, and the other couple of odds and ends wrapped up. Great experience all around and I would recommend Motogear to anyone. What they don't have they can order as well.

I tried on the small RF-1100 and it fit everywhere but the cheek pads. They weren't tight enough and I could talk normally. They had bigger cheek pads in stock and changed them out on the spot which made the helmet much tighter and a much better fit. They did laugh when I told them that a new helmet should squish your cheeks really hard and be hard to put on for a few. They said I was the first person they'd met who understood that concept.

My new T-Bag is amazing. A little larger than the hardsided T-Bag I currently have, but fits the back of the Z like a glove and I already know how rugged T-Bags are. Here's a pic of my current T-Bag:
    http://www.tbags.com/enlarge.aspx?id...ts/tnt_map.gif
    I can pack everything I need in this bag for two days except an extra pair of pants which is why I wanted something a little larger.

This is the new bag: http://www.tbags.com/enlarge.aspx?id...cts/falcon.gif and I can't wait to try it out this weekend!
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Re: Motogear Outlet FTW!

Another +1 for Motogear. Those guys rock.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Never heard of 'em. Have to check them out when I start getting some new stuff.

I bought my arai from them. Great guy, the bald one. No pressure and very helpful and informative.

I went in about 4 months later to buy some new gloves and he remembered me and asked how the arai was.

Small shop with a ton of selection(big warehouse attached), and very personable, and knowledgeable, staff. I've bought a few things from them over the last couple years.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

I love my RF-1100, just got it about two weeks ago, haven't found any dealers with more than one in stock though. I tried a Large, and it was a squeeze getting it on, ear folding and all, but the cheek pads felt great once I managed to compress my melon into it. Only problem was too much forehead pressure. Five minutes walking around the shop made my head ache, but I tried an XL and it fit the upper part of my head perfectly, while leaving my chin feeling somewhat loose (more so than I typically like) Overall, it fit better than any of the dozen other helmets I tried, and felt better as well in terms of the fabric lining, so I took it home anyway. I understood that Shoei makes different sized padding for different parts of the helmet, which was one of the reasons I chose the helmet in the first place (my cranium is somewhat larger proportionately to my face, cheeks, chin, etc) and its always made helmet buying a pain. Thankfully, the shell for the Rf-1100 is the same for both the L and XL (they went and designed 5 shell sizes for a range of like 8 fit sizes, which is awesome). The only problem is that I haven't found anyone local who carries the replacement pads, and I want to try one on before I buy, making Internet shopping difficult. From what you're saying though, it might just be worth a trip to Denver to finally get what I need.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*