I know it's repetitive but I gotta say thanks to the other CSC'ers that came out and offered me encouragement. Also for my sponsors, especially Jim @ TFOG for fitting me in between projects to help get my bike to pass Tech.

I was not feeling any confidence before the race, figured I would lose a bunch of spots starting from 6th, figured I would have to settle for a 12-15th position since I had never been there before and got 6 laps in for practice. Everyone was constantly pushing me forward....

During my practice had, Louden (MRA board member) be my tour guide for a couple laps which definitely helped out. During the pause in the race due to rain, I walked by Jeff Brown (new rider director) and mentioned I wished I had the money to get some practice laps on Friday with him since I was stuck in 6th and didn't see myself gaining any positions considering the competition.

He immediately drew out a short map of the track on the ground, went over a couple of things with me....things I already have heard and knew, but the way he explained it, finally sunk in my friggin head. I felt a bit more confident afterwards going into the race.

So yeah, racers are busy through the weekend, especially MRA board members, but they still try and take some time with others when needed, and I am greatfull for it.