Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New M/C from China

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

New M/C from China

--------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Re: New M/C from China

It's still more reliable than a Harley

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    ...and leaks a lot less oil. Perhaps the next Buell motor?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Wise Zachy-san speak sad truth.

Everything China does in every industry is a direct ripoff of American, Japanese, and other countries' technology and trade secrets leaked by traitors. Execept of course horribly worse quality...

...there's no denying that this is a pretty direct rip-off of a Kawasaki ER-6n, even down to the overall styling.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Wed May 23rd, 2012 at 01:11 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I foresee a lot of halfass work just like the Benelli scooters.... God those things are scary lol

Damned Chinese!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Damned Canadians!
    Oh no he di-int!

Inevitably, there will be some cheap bastards who have little disregard for intellectual property that will buy this POS. Case in point; Just look at how much attention the Sidi knockoffs are getting.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Joew4505 View Post
    Inevitably, there will be some cheap bastards who have little disregard for intellectual property that will buy this POS. Case in point; Just look at how much attention the Sidi knockoffs are getting.
    +1

I have no idea if it's junk or bulletproof, but at one time, the American car companies were saying the same thing about the Japanese that we're saying about the Chinese. Time will tell if the Chinese can get a foot in the door.
    The Japanese were/are being replaced by the cheaper Korean cars, which are all selling more year over year (% gain in market share) than either the US or other imports.

Soon the Chinese will replace them...and we'll all be worse off for it.

Remember Levis jeans? Remember how high-quality they were 10 years ago? I still have pairs from college that are essentially in perfect shape.

Levis closed it's last US plant in 2003 and moved to China, and their quality and fabrication has gone to utter shit since.

Next time you're in a Levis store, take 4 pair of the jeans in the same style and size, lay them on top of each other and see how off they are. I had some 32x32s that were as short as the 30s and had others that were the same size as the 34s.

But, since everyone else buys their shit from China and rebrands it, it's all there is.

And inevitably as demand for the real product shrinks because people are buying the shitty knock-offs, we'll see the price for the real products go up to make up for lost sales volume.

Eventually you'll be buying Chinese POS bikes at Wal-Mart and no one will know what a "Honda" or "Yamaha" is...
    Last edited by Ghost; Wed May 23rd, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Levis closed it's last US plant in 2003 and moved to China, and their quality and fabrication has gone to utter shit since.
    Why my next jeans will be Wrangler. What a great story, they stood by their employees in a tragic time:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bringing-am...ry?id=14826097
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Agreed on the ripoff. I'm wondering how well this is going to survive miles though. If it's like most other Chinese crap, you'll be replacing the motor in less than 10K miles because 1. it blew up, and 2. replacement parts are more expensive/harder to find than a new motor.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Agreed on the ripoff. I'm wondering how well this is going to survive miles though. If it's like most other Chinese crap, you'll be replacing the motor in less than 10K miles because 1. it blew up, and 2. replacement parts are more expensive/harder to find than a new motor.
    EXACTLY what they said about the Japanese motorcycle and car industry when they started, and look at them now......

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    EXACTLY what they said about the Japanese motorcycle and car industry when they started, and look at them now......
    The difference is that the Japanese worked to improve their quality and still sold at low prices. The Koreans are doing that now. The Chinese don't give a crap about their quality, they just want to get it shipped out the door.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

The difference is that the Japanese worked to improve their quality and still sold at low prices. The Koreans are doing that now. The Chinese don't give a crap about their quality, they just want to get it shipped out the door.
    Again, the exact same things were said about the Japanese.....and the Koreans. Time will tell.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Again, the exact same things were said about the Japanese.....and the Koreans. Time will tell.
    No, Wrider has it right--the attitude of the Japanese & Koreans is to improve their product.

China only wants to flood the market with cheap shit to destroy everyone else's economy.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Agreed on the ripoff. I'm wondering how well this is going to survive miles though. If it's like most other Ducati crap, you'll be replacing the motor in less than 10K miles because 1. it blew up, and 2. replacement parts are more expensive/harder to find than a new motor.
    And to think what they PAY for those things!

I see they think it's a "game changer". Since I can't find any pricing on this thing, I'm going to guess that's where people may think the game change occurs. However, if it really is a game changer, why are Ninja 250's flying off the shelf for 4k (even used, sometimes more!) when you could order one of these:
    http://www.scooterdepot.us/250cc-str...les-p-744.html

I'm going to say because they are cheap crap that won't last like you'd expect one from a major manufacturer to last. I'm not going to be in line for either.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyD View Post
    I see they think it's a "game changer". Since I can't find any pricing on this thing, I'm going to guess that's where people may think the game change occurs. However, if it really is a game changer, why are Ninja 250's flying off the shelf for 4k (even used, sometimes more!) when you could order one of these:
    http://www.scooterdepot.us/250cc-str...les-p-744.html

I'm going to say because they are cheap crap that won't last like you'd expect one from a major manufacturer to last. I'm not going to be in line for either.
    I would venture to say they buy the Ninja because the Kawasaki name is trusted and it's been a proven bike for 20+ years. At the same time, the Chinese don't have nearly the advertising budget, R&D budget, MotoGP/WSBK/BSB/AMA budget, etc. of a YamaHonZukiSaki.

I have no idea if it's junk or bulletproof, but at one time, the American car companies were saying the same thing about the Japanese that we're saying about the Chinese. Time will tell if the Chinese can get a foot in the door.

That is a sweet ASS bike!!! Looks like one of those awesome Ducati sumthing sumthing.

People in China are only allowed 125cc motorcycles. The police get the 'big' 250ccs. The only exception I saw were the ancient Russian BMW copies.

4 RG500, 2 TZR250-2MA, NS250R, DT250, G4-TR100,
    rip RGV250, sold TZR250-3MA TS250 MR250 XL500

At least it is better than a Hyosung

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    At least it is better than a Hyosung
    What makes you say that? IIRC the 650 models are Suzuki engines. Dunno much about them, but bet they are selling a fair number of units in the USA.

http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I'd 12 it.