Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Audi Fans out there

Any Audi Fans out there

Car shopping and have Narrowed it down to Bmw 335xi or Audi S4

Maybe a Rs4 or IS-F if i can grab a great deal on it
    Sold my Daily driver and my rights to the track car

what are your thoughts would be getting a car no older then 5 years old and less then 80k is the goal

And no i dont want a Japanese car i have owned over 30 of them from
    civic to 2jz supra to S15 converted 180sx to even a toyota camry.
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Re: Any Audi Fans out there

This is in no way going to answer your question but figured if you were an audi fan i'd link you to a friends S4...

Its definitely FAST...not very streetable anymore but damn fast...he got it from these guys about a year ago but they still have their specs and build blog up for it.

https://vastperformance.com/index.php/blog/

Personal preference I'd say the S4. The problem with that is the maintenance on them if it's just a daily from what I've heard.
    For peace of mind and a still pretty cool car, I say 335.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Senior Member Moderator

Personally, I love my 2004 A4. I posted my only gripe about it in another thread.

As far as maintenance goes, I bought mine in 2008 with around 40k miles. It now has over 80k and, so far, the only issue I've had was a leaky coolant reservoir.

You can find RS4s for sale, but you'll end up paying anywhere from $25,000 to $50,000 to buy one. An S4 should be easier to find. From 2003+ the S4 has a 4.2 liter V8. Years prior to that had a twin-turbocharged 2.7 liter V6. I can't speak for the maintenance on those types as I only have experience with my 1.8t.

IMO they're fantastic cars and I would have no qualms buying another when my A4 finally kicks the bucket.

GL and enjoy!

Fuck those euro trash. Get a Lexus .

I no longer know you lol

I prefer a Lexus of all luxury brands.

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    And no i dont want a Japanese car
    Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Fuck those euro trash. Get a Lexus .
    Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    I prefer a Lexus of all luxury brands.
    Thread != what mdub wants/prefers, therefore your opinion directly contradicting the requirements of the OP are completely and utterly irrelevant and useless.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

I'd count the IS-F out if I were you, I was pretty disappointed when I drove one for a week late last summer.

Between the other two, I'd definately pick the 335. First just because I'm a huge BMW fan, but there's a reason for that. I'm not going to describe every reason why, but I've driven most every car out there and always loved the BMWs. They just drive and feel unlike all the rest. Plus the 3.0 turbo gets great gas mileage, makes peak torque off idle, but is still fun as hell to drive and pulls hard. Not to mention its a tune and exhaust away from 400hp with no hit on gas mileage.

The only thing I dislike is the fucking door handles. They drive me insane. Why should you have to pull it twice to get out of the fucking car? I know it's a fantastic machine but there are times when I want to get out.
    Last edited by Aaron; Wed May 30th, 2012 at 07:22 AM.

Beware the timing chain service at 80K on the 4.7L V8 S4, require pulling the motor. Kaaching!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Maybe a Rs4 or IS-F if i can grab a great deal on it
    And no i dont want a Japanese car i have owned over 30 of them from
    civic to 2jz supra to S15 converted 180sx to even a toyota camry.
    Isn't the IS-F Japanese?

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Yes. The IS-F is Japanese.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

yeah the v8 chain is a 3000$ service to even put on a muffler system you have to drop the rear sub frame!!, i know alot about every car i am looking at, all cars have there points and flaws was just seeing if anyone here actually own's one and has some input on them

Ive driven all the cars i am looking at would be my winter car only really so like 5k to 8k a year is all it would see, I am an enthusiast so i would do small mods but not looking to to do much on this car, i say that and watch ill end up building it to be faster then my bike

the IS-F was the only Jspec car i was interested in but the 2 i drove being rear wheel drive really does not match my needs.

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

a part of hell where its always warm and the roads are to die for

yeah the v8 chain is a 3000$ service to even put on a muffler system you have to drop the rear sub frame!!, i know alot about every car i am looking at, all cars have there points and flaws was just seeing if anyone here actually own's one and has some input on them

Ive driven all the cars i am looking at would be my winter car only really so like 5k to 8k a year is all it would see, I am an enthusiast so i would do small mods but not looking to to do much on this car, i say that and watch ill end up building it to be faster then my bike

the IS-F was the only Jspec car i was interested in but the 2 i drove being rear wheel drive really does not match my needs.
    last s4 i had the maint was nothing really had a great time with it had the time chain checked at 80k and it only cost 450 for service the chain doesnt need to be replaced just tension checked i sold the car at 165k still running perfect, really up to style you like the beemers are great cars to had a few of them the main reason people think there money buckets is they dont take care of them!

im in the market right now but looking more at the a5 or a7 so yeah all push you more to the audi side over bmw

I would see if you can get the new S4 with the supercharged v6. Maybe not quite as thrilling as the old v8, but way better fuel economy, less front end weight, (optional) active rear diff, 40/60 center torque split and easier to get a power increases on the cheap (underdrive pulley or ecu). It's also has been winning the comparisons against the 335. That said, the BWM also has a lot of these advantages with regards to the tuning.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

RS4 Avant?

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I use to have an old 1.8t A4, not my favorite car, but it was ok. Would rather have an AWD IS-250. Do you want a 4-door specifically? If not sedans only, how about the 2006+ Audi TTS? Very nice cars, and got some pep.

Don't know your budget, but S5 Coupes are badass!...

If you need more room, A3's are still sporty:

Last edited by Ghosty; Wed May 30th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I can't believe I beat KingNothing to posting this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJDuZIcQ34
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    I can't believe I beat KingNothing to posting this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJDuZIcQ34
    Thank you. Saudis in Audis will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Are you looking to mod the car? And with mods, just how far do you want to go, you want handling or power? 335 will not handle good, not for your experience at a road course. The 335 will obviously have great power, the N54 is the motor of choice over the N55 by many.

However with the N55 now coming in the 1, 3, and 5 series, I would venture to say the aftermarket companies are still scrambling to come up with parts and still trying to fully crack the ECU.

I have no experience with Audi's, but will never buy another BMW again for several reasons.

IS-F would be very nice, but not so nice in the winter, might be something to consider, also the aftermarket vendors for this, there just isn't much so expect prices to be extremely high. And considering it's N/A, don't expect much power unless you go f/i especially at this altitude.

What about a used e63 or another 4 door 63 type benz? Guess it all depends on what you want and your goals/purpose with the car.

The AMG's are amazing cars, but they drink like an alcoholic. 6.2L V8's aren't sippers.

I'm not sure how you can say a 335 won't handle good, I mean the X-drive certainly doesn't help, but it is still a very good handling car. And the upgrades to improve the braking/suspension are everywhere. If he plans to mod it past 500hp or so he wouldn't have much company, but there are tons of both N54 and N55 cars in the 400+ range now.

Didn't see he had mentioned the xi, as for the standard one, from having my 135i, thing handled very poorly. But it all comes down to what your driving experience is and what you want out of it.

For me, even coming out of the driveway with my monster curbs complicated things once a back wheel came slightly off the ground. Same thing with coming up the steep long driveway at my work, little patch of ice or snow on one side of the asphault and I was in deep trouble if I didn't have enough speed to carry me up past it.

Reading the above, you could imagine how it affected the car and driving out of turns at a higher more aggressive speed.

As far as all out handling, guess I am spoiled by my previous cars:
    s2000
    sti
    03 cobra (yes it handled pretty good with little money and learning to steer with throttle)
    g35 coupe
    evo IX
    EVO X
    135i (thumbs down)
    370z

Need a 4 dr sedan looking for Full size is why i am looking at the 335 and S4
    The S5 i would only want in a two door, The IS-f is horrible in the snow. i know cause my friend has one, its one i have driven in the snow already. Modding the car will be minor mods nothing major but common bolt on's. and yes i know a bout the 335 issue with quick turns after the power reaches a certain point. i know the xdrive can not keep up what you need the car todo.

And GOose. my friend just got a b6 s4 Avant and is going to mod it out. he is also a csc member

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

I had a couple friends, one with an M5, one with an IS-F. They BOTH agreed the M5 outperformed the IS-F by far. I do love the look of the IS-F's though.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.