Out for a nice little ride yesterday, the last day of vacation. Was just outside of Nederland Colorado, stopping for lunch.

I slowed with turn signal on and left arm outstretched to signal a left turn. Came to a stop on a two lane road to allow oncoming traffic to clear, and heard the scrreeeching of tires behind me. I just knew this was not going to end well.

Putted forward maybe 5 feet, and was greeted with a small thump, sorta like someone kicked the tire. I wasn't actually certain that she had made contact with me. Finished my turn and went to lunch.

As I cleared the street, and looked behind me at the driver, she was sitting there in schock. I just shook my head.

Some Harley dude who was attempting to exit the lot was pretty excited and yelling at the woman.

Was only after all this that the shock and mental degradation began, while I ordered my lunch. Man. I missed what could have been a disaster by what I considered a small margin. Until now, I always worried about crashing by going into a corner too hot.

I have always kept a wary eye out for other motorists, and have been fortunate I guess until now (and still am fortunate) not to have had any mishaps with other vehicles. 36 years on motorcycles with no collisions with other vehicles.

Not sure why, but thought I would share.