Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's DDD (too good to be true...?)

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Today's DDD (too good to be true...?)

What do you guys think of this?
    8 night stay in Mexico...
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Re: Today's DDD (too good to be true...?)

I think the cartels are killing the tourist industry and they're getting desperate for white folks...

Tripadvisor seems to have positive reviews on the hotel.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

"And hurry now! For only $99, you too can have 2 adults and 2 kids under 12 murdered within 8days!"

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping

Seems reasonable. It's not all inclusive so all they are doing is trying to fill empty rooms and get some money vs none.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

That's my gente, though. I would have full expectation of not getting murdered.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gold Member

I am always sceptical about ies just to good to be true but barn if its something you want to do sometimes you have to take chances to live a dream. I say its worth a look at least.

Nueva Vallarta?? Haven’t heard of that place; looks like a little north of Puerto Vallarta. Maybe just a way to get people into this place

Really all you are getting it a room for that price, so bet they are hoping you spend your money on their others stuff; didn’t seem like it was all inclusive. Sounds too good to be true and there has to be some way they are going to make their money back. I bet since food, drinks, activities are not inclusive that they are pricey and you will spend the extra money of those things that are usually free at the Mexico all-inclusive resorts. Also airfare is usually the most expensive part of those trips to Mexico, so check that before buying.

Who knows though, maybe it could be a good deal.

Seems like it got ok reviews. Most say it is a smaller resport and not as upscale as others; some people liked that though!
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154267-d570126-Reviews-Mayan_Sea_Garden_Nuevo_Vallarta-Nuevo_Vallarta_Pacific_Coast.html
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    That's my gente, though. I would have full expectation of not getting murdered.

? Just a rough tickle perhaps?

Yeah.... Not being an all inclusive resort does kind of suck, since I like being able to drink around-the-clock, but I'll eat "street food" in Mexico like a boss. Sies tacos el carbon y dos Pacificos, por favor.

Hmm.... This might be worth a little more digging into.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    ? Just a rough tickle perhaps?
    Only if you're the one offering, Rob.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    I think the cartels are killing the tourist industry and they're getting desperate for white folks...
    Well we went last year to Playa Del Carmen for Hoopty’s wedding and never saw any indication of violence at all! Out resort was all inclusive and there were guards in all areas to get into and out of the resort. They did a great job of checking to make sure everyone who left and entered were documented and verified that they were a guest. Even when we went into the town of Playa I never once felt unsafe even at 3am in the club district. There were literally 2 cops on every corner block, so I really think they understand that tourism is their moneymaker and do everything they can to make it safe. This was Cancun/Playea though, so not sure about the Vallarta area which is closer to the boarders where the cartels are.

P.S. Only time anyone in the wedding got sick was when we ate "street food." I didn't and ate at the same place, but it is a gamble sometimes; mainly because of the water I think (which is used in more than just drinking; washing dishes, ice, food prep, etc)
    Last edited by bulldog; Mon Jun 25th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Brandon--><--rob

Finch Home Improvements, LLC.
    720-448-19l9
    finchhomeimprovements@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/finchhomeimprovements
    Free Estimates!
    CSC member labor discount
    www.finchhomeimprovements.com
    2000 Yamaha R1 Sold
    2008 KTM XCR-W 450 - "Tang"
    2006 Yamaha TTR 125 - "Wife's Rig"
    Sportbike/Custom Chopper shopping

The resort places are all fine, no one's getting shot, lol. Now the border towns, or going out on the baja peninsula by yourself, that might be bad news. Americans getting kidnapped, killed, etc.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Vallarta is pretty dicey right now. Even Mexicans who go to Acapulco and Vallarta have all but stopped vacationing over there.

I've been to the north and south beaches of Mexico studying down there, San Pancho north and Bara de Navidad, south were less touristy. You may be better off spending a little more and just going the full inclusive package in Cabo or Mayan Riviera, IMO. Besides, the Pacific isn't quite as nice as the Mayan or Eastern sides of Mexico. Additionally, the tourist areas, ie Mercados, are going to be full of pickpockets and sketchier than average locals because of the economy and lack of any tourists, Mexican, Euro, and American. ESPECIALLY Euros and Americans.

Acapulco is quite scary right now: http://usopenborders.com/2012/03/five-people-killed-at-the-port-of-acapulco/

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/north-central-america/mexico1

http://www.examiner.com/video/murders-beheadings-acapulco
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Mon Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

I'm a cheap bastard and love a bargain. But I'm leery of deals that are too good; $12/night fits into that category for me. There must be a reason they're basically giving away a room.

Wish there was more details. Like what dates exactly are available? Or what restaurants are available, or are you required to eat in the hotel offerings that may or may not cost $50 a meal, who knows. You would think that was of major importance, idiots, lol.

If this is the "Mayan Sea Garden", looks decent anyway:

Last edited by Ghosty; Mon Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Wish there was more details. Like what dates exactly are available? Or what restaurants are available, or are you required to eat in the hotel offerings that may or may not cost $50 a meal, who knows. You would think that was of major importance, idiots, lol.
    From the deal site:

Unavailable Dates include 1/1-1/2, 11/21-11/28 and 12/22-12/31 of any year, and 3/23 to 4/8 of 2013

Yeah I saw that, but does that mean all other dates are fine, for the year before it expires? Need to check airfares too, then read reviews on what people have paid for food, drinks, scuba, boat trips, etc. for a week. Worth pursuing for sure at that cheap price, and for people that don't care as much about all-inclusive or a fancier resort/spa.

I like the Yucatan side quite a lot more, also. But this deal (also taking into account the reviews) seems like too good of a deal to pass up.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Yeah, same thing my coworkers said, they don't like the Baja/Pacific side (Cabo, Mazatlan, Vallarta) as much, they prefer the Gulf side like Cancun. For cheapie vaca's anyway. Obviously they all much prefer the Caribbean instead, especially for scuba.

From the FCO.GOV.UK website:

Safety and security (back to top)
    Safety and Security - General

The Mexican government makes efforts to protect foreign visitors to major tourist destinations. Resort areas and tourist destinations in Mexico such as Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta have historically not seen the levels of drug-related violence and crime reported in the northern border region and in areas along major drug trafficking routes.

~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Interesting reviews on that TripAdvisor link. Although the majority or 4star and above, it's scary reading the 1 & 2 star reviews. Lot of those people got sick, water was gross, expensive restaurant for bad American food, overpriced buffet. No mention of exactly what it includes compared to all-inclusive places. One review said it was like a retirement home, another said it's more like SpringBreakers, so who knows!...

But then you read the good reviews, and so I have no clue...

Quote Originally Posted by sprtbkbabe View Post
    Vallarta is pretty dicey right now. Even Mexicans who go to Acapulco and Vallarta have all but stopped vacationing over there.

I've been to the north and south beaches of Mexico studying down there, San Pancho north and Bara de Navidad, south were less touristy. You may be better off spending a little more and just going the full inclusive package in Cabo or Mayan Riviera, IMO. Besides, the Pacific isn't quite as nice as the Mayan or Eastern sides of Mexico. Additionally, the tourist areas, ie Mercados, are going to be full of pickpockets and sketchier than average locals because of the economy and lack of any tourists, Mexican, Euro, and American. ESPECIALLY Euros and Americans.

Acapulco is quite scary right now: http://usopenborders.com/2012/03/five-people-killed-at-the-port-of-acapulco/

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/north-central-america/mexico1

http://www.examiner.com/video/murders-beheadings-acapulco

You're talking to a guy that rode his R1 into Compton for chicken and waffles.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    You're talking to a guy that rode his R1 into Compton for chicken and waffles.
    And trust me....! That shit was far more scary than being in Playa last year and having Mexican Aqua-Velva types try to sell me yeyo every other block. At least the Mexicanos were polite about it, and took my no-thank-yous kindly.

The dudes that were meanmugging me when I pulled up and parked on Crenshaw, I literally thought were going to roll me. If I wasn't high and didn't have my .45 on my hip, I probably would have just went somewhere else to eat.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson