Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Shooting in Aurora, CO

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Re: Mass Shooting in Aurora, CO

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    I used to just carry when I was going to "sketchier" parts of town. This incident has made me reassess that, as I didn't feel like that area qualified. The unexpected, by definition, doesn't happen where and when you expect it to. I'm confident in my abilities, even out of position, under stress, in an unconventional environment. I just need to adjust my carry habits.
    I need to complete my CCW and get a smaller firearm mine is a little to big to carry.

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Wow,
    I knew I'd spark a debate but DAYUM, it's been a while since I sparked this much dialogue without name calling or immature tangents in a LONG TIME.

Bravo CSC for proving there is still such a thing as intelligent debate still possible amongst this group!

Resume the banter please!
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Back on topic to the OP.

The police dept just said in about 10 minutes they are going to try and detonate whatever is in the apartment. Will be a (controlled) detonation.

Having read the same sort of discussion in many different places I think the reality is the fact that most CCW holders are probably not the type of people who would go to a midnight movie premiere on a Thursday night/Friday morning. Most that I know are more around my age ( 48 ) than the typical demographic who attend that type of event (late teens to early thirties). I know that I quit going to a lot of things like that when I hit my mid-30's. The demographic at that movie was probably more along the lines of younger people who have never considered a CCW and most have probably never held a gun let alone pulled the trigger of a gun at a paper target.

Seems like everyone around the forum world is thinking the same things. "Start leaving your ccw at home when you are going to the sketchy bar in the middle of no where, and start bringing them to church, movies, the in-laws, and the shitter in your own house!"
    - Jason
    Gixxer 600

Here is a picture floating around the net now (after idiots TMZ released), but seems like a fake, especially with that dumb tagline "Will you visit me in jail". Just curious, I'm bad at seeing facial similiarities, even among family members...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1691113.html
    Last edited by Ghosty; Sat Jul 21st, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Would it be cool for CSC members to get together for a CCW class?
    Steve Clark
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
    My Bike Blog

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Stinky View Post
    Would it be cool for CSC members to get together for a CCW class?
    I would be interested if there was a way to get a group rate somewhere - like a 10 - 15 person class at a discount like a groupon might give.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    I would be interested if there was a way to get a group rate somewhere - like a 10 - 15 person class at a discount like a groupon might give.
    Maybe try contacting Wulf. I think he sold his bike, so hasn't been as frequent here.

Here's his post from another forum.

We're doing it again, trying to make this a cost effective (for both sides) regularly scheduled class.

Colorado Personal Security is holding a discount group class Sunday August 26th. Only $50 per student. Seating is limited and we will have a 9AM class and a 1PM class to accommodate as many folks as possible. You will receive a Handgun Training Certificate that meets the minimum Colorado Concealed Handgun License training requirement. This class is designed for students already knowledgeable with a firearm and requires no live fire.

SpringHill Suites Denver North/Westminster
    6845 W. 103rd Avenue · Westminster, Colorado 80021 USA

http://www.coloradopersonalsecurity.com/schedule.html

The only cheaper I've seen is http://www.coloradohandgunsafety.com/gift.htm if you can get it on the 1/2 off sale. I sent Carrie and my dad to this one and there was no issue getting either permit.
    You wanna know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you realize I'm in command.

A timer had turned the music on so that it would blare in his apartment after he left for the Aurora multiplex, according to a law enforcement source, who also spoke on condition of anonymity.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/col...ent/index.html

The law enforcement official said that video shot by robots shows at least a dozen "victim-initiated devices" -- none of which appear to have been equipped with timers -- inside the apartment. "You normally don't see this situation," the official said.

"Jars of black powder" and what appear to be "liquid accelerants" attached to the explosive devices are also inside Apartment 10, the official said. "He placed other chemicals to enhance fire/thermal effect of IEDs," the official added about Holmes' apartment. "He has a level of expertise, not crude," the official said.

"I see an awful lot of wire, trip wires, jars full of ammunition, jars full of liquid and ... things that look like mortar rounds."
    Last edited by Ghosty; Mon Jul 23rd, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

They run the sale at $45 at different times. I think the page I linked to states: "If you can see the Buy Now button, the sale offer is still available."

I guess see what it says at checkout.

But we only paid $45 for the entire class.
    You wanna know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you realize I'm in command.

Soooooooooo... seems Colorado hasn't used it's death penalty abilities since 1977 and currently have 3 people on it including that Dunlap bastard....

Holmes already has a wikipedia page
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

Wow, they allowed camera into the courtroom. Here's the psycho. Guess that friendfinder pic was legit...

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/23...urt/?hpt=hp_t1

He will try to plead insane or incompetent....Hope they don't fall for that since he has a PHD, a complex booby trapped apartment, and ability to buy and use tactical gear and weapons

Looking out of it...Step 1

Yep, he will, but he's royally fucked. The current prosecutor Carol Chambers will pursue execution, according to many analysts. When she leaves office, there are two guys up for election, one Rep, one Dem. Unless the Dem guy specifically says he will continue that course, no way he will be elected here in Denver, imo.

For better or worse, Chambers is Colorado's most controversial prosecutor; hard-ass, always on the edge, seemingly always in some sort of trouble. More broadly, she's also become a sort of national symbol in the criminal justice systems' eternal war over capital punishment. In 2008, for example, Chambers daringly billed the state for charges incurred by her county in capital prosecutions, a move that raised hackles at the state legislature. At the time, Chambers' office was pursuing six of the seven capital cases wending their way slowly through the state's judicial system.
    Controversy is nothing new to Chambers, who took office in 2004 after an upset victory in the Republican primary. Vowing to streamline the processes of justice in booming Arapahoe and Douglas counties, she's filed grievances against defense attorneys she considers unprofessional and ordered her staff to time judges' breaks. In 2006, a disciplinary panel publicly reprimanded her for interfering in a civil case involving a political ally. She's also pursued habitual criminal charges against hundreds of chronic but low-level offenders, forcing them to accept lengthy prison terms in plea deals or risk more draconian sentences by going to trial ("The Punisher," February 8, 2007). "My objective has never been to make everybody like me," Chambers told Westword in an interview last year. "I'm going to do what I was elected to do."
    Hopefully she doesn't get caught doing any stupid shit like she has in the past...

Although she's pursued more death-penalty cases than any other current district attorney in the state, Chambers' efforts have been dogged by disclosure issues and ethical quagmires. Her attempts to obtain the ultimate penalty for David Bueno and Alejandro Perez, two inmates accused of killing another prisoner at the Limon Correctional Facility, were derailed repeatedly. Her office was removed from the Perez case after a judge raised concerns about prosecutors failing to disclose conflicts of interest and billing the Department of Corrections for some salaries and other costs of its death-penalty team
    Last edited by Ghosty; Mon Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

My friend Jessie listed among the dead. ........
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Sorry to hear that man...Condolences to you and his family

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    Wow man, so sorry. Hearts & prayers for their family and yours.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Very sorry to hear that, man. I hope this cowardly waste of human flesh gets what's coming to him sooner rather than later.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Very sorry for your loss

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Very sorry to hear that, man. I hope this cowardly waste of human flesh gets what's coming to him sooner rather than later.
    I hope they study him long and hard first before putting the juice to him. People can debate gun controls all they want but the truth is that a sick twisted individual set on violence will just find another method to take innocent lives. I wish we had a better understanding of what would possess a promising young mind to do something so sick, twisted, and evil.

1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

As for the gun-control debate, Bloomberg is a far-left knee-jerk reaction-tard. Hickenlooper & McCain said it right:

"I'm happy to look at anything," Hickenlooper, a Democrat, told CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley. "But if there were no assault weapons available, and no this or no that, this guy is going to find something. He knows how to create a bomb, and who knows where the mind would have gone."

Republican Arizona Sen. John McCain expressed a similar willingness to consider all options Sunday but said that any action taken by the government would require a certain degree of demonstrated effectiveness before being enacted.

"I think that we need to look at everything, and everything should be looked at," McCain said, also on "State of the Union." "But to think that somehow gun control, or increased gun control, is the answer, in my view, that has to be proved."
    Common sense, actual study in facts, trends, and effects from measures need to be used. ACTUAL PROOF of effectiveness, before anything is even considered. And sense historically stricter measures haven't done squat, the 2nd Amend will prevail, imo.

A Lautenberg told the Huffington Post: “If reports are correct and a high-capacity gun magazine was used to commit these awful murders, Senator Lautenberg will absolutely renew his effort to limit the availability of this dangerous firearm attachment."

Hey guy, you do realize the guy could just carry extra mags and quickly swap, duh. Banning hi-cap mags does pretty much one thing only, annoys gun owners.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Mon Jul 23rd, 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR View Post
    He will try to plead insane or incompetent....Hope they don't fall for that since he has a PHD, a complex booby trapped apartment, and ability to buy and use tactical gear and weapons

Looking out of it...Step 1
    Considering the supposed death threats he's been getting from other inmates, I'm hoping someone gets off their leash log enough to solve the issue without even involving the courts...
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

If you are intent on killing people you find a way to do it. A person could drive their car into a crowd of people (perhaps waiting in line at a theater) and possibly kill as many or more people. Should we have vehicle control laws? Guns and hi cap magazines are not the killers, they are tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    If you are intent on killing people you find a way to do it. A person could drive their car into a crowd of people (perhaps waiting in line at a theater) and possibly kill as many or more people. Should we have vehicle control laws? Guns and hi cap magazines are not the killers, they are tools.
    and spoons make people fat.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...