Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
Ok I was on the phone with the OHV dept and am confused as ever. I was told you need an OHV sticker on ANYTHING you take onto trails, plated or not. OK I get that; a fee for use system. So what constitutes a trail? Unmarked singletrack or anything with a brown sign? Are CR## numbered roads trails? FS## numbered roads? And if I don't have a sticker on my truck, I can only get as far as the trailhead?

BTW the lady also told me to get the blue, non-resident sticker.

Yep, if say you are running single track or Quad trails you need a OHV sticker even on a plated bikes. I now also sport the sticker its only $25.25 so not a huge deal. One USFS Ranger I talked with said the plain is to even patrol Jeep Trails in 5 years as everyone will need a sticker...he rolled his eyes and said it never be enforceable as for one they are a 9-5 organization and trying to explain to Grandpa from KS how they are suppose to have a sticker is going to be pointless.

I think how the Forest service should handle this is that the rangers should have stickers. Maybe charge you an extra $10 for hassle fee and watch you apply it to the vehicle in question.

Anyways YES, you need a OHV sticker.