Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to deal with loud elephants who live above us? (Quiet Enjoyment of Residence)

Re: How to deal with loud elephants who live above us? (Quiet Enjoyment of Residence)

I have/had the same problem. I say both as I still have the fuckers above me but now I have someone worse under me

I don't even care about the loud foot steps or screaming in the AM above me. The new people (under me) seem to breath more cigarette smoke than air, she pukes on her deck for like 30 mins once a week, yaps on the phone all the time. I had a chance to run her over the other day in the parking lot. I am not ashamed to say I seriously thought about doing it...

I think I need to have a talk with the new people... Or just serve out my remaining lease messing with them. It might be fun and give me a little side hobby now that racing is over.

Re: How to deal with loud elephants who live above us? (Quiet Enjoyment of Residence)

Quote Originally Posted by powers View Post
    I have/had the same problem. I say both as I still have the fuckers above me but now I have someone worse under me

I don't even care about the loud foot steps or screaming in the AM above me. The new people (under me) seem to breath more cigarette smoke than air, she pukes on her deck for like 30 mins once a week, yaps on the phone all the time. I had a chance to run her over the other day in the parking lot. I am not ashamed to say I seriously thought about doing it...

I think I need to have a talk with the new people... Or just serve out my remaining lease messing with them. It might be fun and give me a little side hobby now that racing is over.
    There is a lot to be said for watering your plants when you know she is on her deck. Just sayin'...

I had a similar problem many years ago. I collected and helped to stagnate several buckets of water and made sure to pour it on my neighbors by way of my balcony edge several times. They stopped smoking below me.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Senior Member Moderator

I empathize with you. Before buying our house, my wife and I lived below a couple that also shook the floor when they walked around. The strange thing was that they weren't large people. The final straw is when they left their water running and completely flooded our apartment.

Sadly there's not much that can be done to control your neighbors' noise levels, even during times when they should be quiet. The only suggestion I have is to move out and get away from it. Find a house, or a townhouse, to rent or own. Peace and quiet goes a long way for improving your quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by powers View Post
    The new people (under me) seem to breath more cigarette smoke than air, she pukes on her deck for like 30 mins once a week, yaps on the phone all the time.
    Add a horrid New Jersey accent, multiply by two (couple), and swap 'new' to <have lived there since '08> and that's my story to a tee (less the puking).

Not only that, but they LOVE Nascar. Love it. Love, love, love it. Plus, they hump like wildebeests. Yeah, she's a screamer.
    _________
    09 zx6r
    Nate

We get this all the time at work, and there's very little we can do about it. Our best advice, although rude, um-empathetic, and not helpful in the least is to move. It sucks because you should be able to live somewhere without these hassles, but that's why houses cost so much, because they improve quality of life. Good luck, and don't run her over in the parking lot, because then we do get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Good luck, and don't run her over in the parking lot, because then we do get involved.
    That's why you use someone else's car... duh!
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

A house does not guarantee quiet. My neighbor one yard over got a puppy, tied him up in the back yard, and has left him there since. Now, at 10 months, this dog is more prisoner than pet. He barks all day long and half the night. I’ve got Lakewood Animal Control involved now, but not expecting much unless other neighbors complain too. They are feeding him, but otherwise completely ignore this poor dog. F'ing retards!
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Good luck, and don't run her over in the parking lot, because then we do get involved.
    O, I see how it is... run someone over and then you guys can't wait to get involved

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    A house does not guarantee quiet. My neighbor one yard over got a puppy, tied him up in the back yard, and has left him there since. Now, at 10 months, this dog is more prisoner than pet. He barks all day long and half the night. I’ve got Lakewood Animal Control involved now, but not expecting much unless other neighbors complain too. They are feeding him, but otherwise completely ignore this poor dog. F'ing retards!
    Wow, what jerks. Although I do think there is something that can be done about this. Pretty sure there are laws where a dog can only bark for a certain amount of time before the owners are fined.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

We had a neighbor diagonal from us that does the same thing. The shitbag leaves his labrador outside for hours at a time, and it barks until it's hoarse, poor dog. Tried calling the HOA but they did fuck all and passed the buck to the local PD. Animal control did a drive by a couple of times and it seems to be quieter now.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by ATL View Post

What else can I do to put an end to this nonsense ?
    -Chris
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=48237
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Wow, what jerks. Although I do think there is something that can be done about this. Pretty sure there are laws where a dog can only bark for a certain amount of time before the owners are fined.
    There is something that can be done about this, and Animal Control is actually pretty good, I like calling our's because they are proactive and don't give warnings. If it's bad enough to where they are called and they observe the offense, they're dropping paper.