Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rider Down on Deckers

Re: Rider Down on Deckers

CSC has group rides??
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    Agree completely. Best thing to use group rides for is to make a few friends that you trust and enjoy riding with, and then you have a group of 3-4 riders to have good times with. Anymore riders than that starts to attract way too much negative attention. Plus group rides always end up with at least one rider that nobody knows and the person doesn't understand they aren't just risking their safety doing stupid s*&t, but everyone near them in the group.
    +1, Agree.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    I'm the guy that catches up when everyone is off their bike already. Or they just disappear.
    Usually they have their jackets and lids off by the time I roll up...
    Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    Agree completely. Best thing to use group rides for is to make a few friends that you trust and enjoy riding with, and then you have a group of 3-4 riders to have good times with. Anymore riders than that starts to attract way too much negative attention. Plus group rides always end up with at least one rider that nobody knows and the person doesn't understand they aren't just risking their safety doing stupid s*&t, but everyone near them in the group.
    As i ride with more and more people i notice this. I like to throttle back when people start acting like a skid mark....
    2007 HONDA CBR1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    LoL Wishful thinking. nOOb rides bring out the show offs and advanced rides always attract the not so advanced. Group rides with people you are comfortable with are always best planned privately. If you go on a posted ride you need to regulate yourself.
    Or just find a group of fags with dirt bikes on street wheels. Those guys always ride super easy...

Unfortunately, you have to go on a few group rides to decide who it is you want to ride with. Unless you just have a small group of peeps that already hangs out and rides.

Just choose the group carefully, tag along at the back, and get a feel for the group.
    If you have concerns, voice them at a stop and see how others react. That will tell you a lot right there.
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ

Keeper of The Great White Buffalo

I guess were not a club. Rather a first point of contact to establish more private social circles. Wisdom is the ability to not need a close call to be reminded that lives can be changed or taken in the fraction of a second. Motorcycles are the most impossible things to keep under total control 100% of the time. I hope this guys wisdom gathering continues.

Broker Associate RE/MAX Alliance
    A business built on referrals

It is that damn friend request option!!!!!

Damn friend request!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    Or just find a group of fags with dirt bikes on street wheels. Those guys always ride super easy...
    Those guys are the worst, they ride like a bunch of old women on their way to church.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Those guys are the worst, they ride like a bunch of old women on their way to church.

It is only a matter of time before you turn to the dark side!! Just come over and buy (but) the DRZ. It is calling to you.

Then, you too, could be an old faggity woman on the way to church.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
    I'm the guy that catches up when everyone is off their bike already. Or they just disappear.
    I am always laggy and slow, I am still too new to push myself too fast. Now that I have lowside crashed I'm super slow and cautious and still havent gotten my speed and confidence back as I am affraid of falling again. I think my riding season is over for the year and was hoping to get my speed back and rub a bunch more before the season ends but now everytime I'm on the bike I always tense and feel wobbly and unconfident. Pisses me the fuck off!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsbody View Post
    Usually they have their jackets and lids off by the time I roll up...
    Yup thats me too, people are always done before I get there, jackets and helmets off and a fresh cup of coffee in hand!
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by UHATEIT View Post
    I am always laggy and slow, I am still too new to push myself too fast. Now that I have lowside crashed I'm super slow and cautious and still havent gotten my speed and confidence back as I am affraid of falling again. I think my riding season is over for the year and was hoping to get my speed back and rub a bunch more before the season ends but now everytime I'm on the bike I always tense and feel wobbly and unconfident. Pisses me the fuck off!

Yup thats me too, people are always done before I get there, jackets and helmets off and a fresh cup of coffee in hand!
    This has been my first season back, after 3 years without a bike. I went from a 95 FZR 600 to an 05 R1. My first couple months were totally scary and I was actually holding up cages on tight twisties. I guess I'm lucky that I didn't crash because the last month or so of riding have been a lot faster and lot more fun. Guess I'm finally getting my groove back so I understand how frustrating it can be to,,,, well, to be slow and freaked out. Although, I've put almost 8000 miles on the old girl since June, so I I'd better be getting fast again Good luck breaking that plateau, Uhateit!

I've found a hand full of people that I mostly ride with. It's been very comforting to get to know these riders’ styles so well and trust them to teach me good techniques. Riding with technically sound and responsible riders makes all the difference in the world.
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

The last time I held up a cage, I was on a rented Harley Road King going down Hwy 7 at 70mph. Damn hopped up Volvo s60 had a stick up his ass.
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

I hold up traffic on the DRZ until I find a random field I decide I want to ride through .

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I hold up traffic on the DRZ until I find a random field I decide I want to ride through .
    Nice!
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Quote Originally Posted by RajunCajun View Post
    This has been my first season back, after 3 years without a bike. I went from a 95 FZR 600 to an 05 R1. My first couple months were totally scary and I was actually holding up cages on tight twisties. I guess I'm lucky that I didn't crash because the last month or so of riding have been a lot faster and lot more fun. Guess I'm finally getting my groove back so I understand how frustrating it can be to,,,, well, to be slow and freaked out. Although, I've put almost 8000 miles on the old girl since June, so I I'd better be getting fast again Good luck breaking that plateau, Uhateit!

damn 8000 miles since June! I just started riding in late May. I wish I could find the time to put that many on the bike. It is taking a while to get my confidence back and I doubt I'll be back to speed before season ends. So next Season will probably be my comeback!
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Don't worry about finding "speed" on the street.. worry about getting the good mechanics and skills that allow you to ride the bike well and avoid those pitfalls around every corner.

The "speed" will come once you get comfortable and in touch with the bike.
    2000 Zx-12R; 2007 GSXR 600 (bosses bike)
    2016 BMW R1200RS Granite FOG ride
    09 G8GT, 02 WJ