Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Figured out who im voting for!

Re: Figured out who im voting for!

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    I don't know what the inside of a voting booth looks like and I never will.
    No surprise there...

Its funny how full this country is of people that "do whatever they want". Please feel free but I see this place as being half broken purely because of that type of mentality.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    No surprise there...

Its funny how full this country is of people that "do whatever they want". Please feel free but I see this place as being half broken purely because of that type of mentality.

Oh do please elaborate on this......"I do whatever I want"

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Romney can take a BIG SUCK................

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/franksc...ll-your-child/
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Truthfully, that's why the more intelligent service members don't want this man elected.

Oh do please elaborate on this......"I do whatever I want"
    You are the one making your decisions, correct? As in no one else is telling you what to do?

You are doing whatever you want then? Yes? No?

I would say this. If you gave a shit about your country, you would vote. You are part of our country that has forgotten what a privilege it is because you choose to not get involved.

Thats your choice. But as said before - You are doing whatever you want. Thanks for your lack of contribution (and dont throw the service card because that almost makes it worse that you wouldnt even vote for whoever your boss was)

I can hear Grim popping his knuckles now

Im not trying to talk shit. Trust me when I say that how I feel about Americans being proud of not voting is probably a 5 out of 10. But its pretty offensive to some people.

Mods, probably time to move this one to the Political thread....

I choose not to vote, I feel that while serving, your focus should be on the mission. Not the politics behind it... Some are very self-serving and feel entitled to more than they deserve. That being said, I wish more people did.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were civilians and citizens?

You guys would be fucked if you had to try to explain to any of the founding fathers why you dont vote

Its all bologna.

You guys would be fucked if you had to try to explain to any of the founding fathers why you dont vote

Its all bologna.
    No, I have several good arguments against service members voting.

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    No, I have several good arguments against service members voting.
    I would be open to hear them.

On my personal behalf, my family has been in military service since they've immigrated here from Europe. I would be hard pressed to substantiate me voting in my state of record. I've lived there three years in my life. I am also still active, what right do I have to affect an outcome of political elections which I am unfairly representing myself. And we all know, or should, national politics originate at the local level.

It's a conflict of interest. I'm here to serve, not question. I have strong convictions, but feel duty bound to not exercise them. On top of that, these shitty little "I got mine" service members feel entitled to a king's ransom for their service. It should be an honor...

I do however believe that to gain citizenship you should serve your country in some manner. Otherwise you're simply a civilian and have not earned the right to effect change in this country.
    Last edited by TransNone13; Fri Oct 19th, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

Hmm... I guess I could agree with some of that. I would think that voting without being all that well informed is probably just as bad as not voting.

Maybe I just dont like the way it sounds? Americans not voting...

On my personal behalf, my family has been in military service since they've immigrated here from Europe. I would be hard pressed to substantiate me voting in my state of record. I've lived there three years in my life. I am also still active, what right do I have to affect an outcome of political elections which I am unfairly representing myself. And we all know, or should, national politics originate at the local level.

It's a conflict of interest. I'm here to serve, not question. I have strong convictions, but feel duty bound to not exercise them. On top of that, these shitty little "I got mine" service members feel entitled to a king's ransom for their service. It should be an honor...

I do however believe that to gain citizenship you should serve your country in some manner. Otherwise you're simply a civilian and have not earned the right to effect change in this country.
    I mostly agree with you all though I would ammend it to you have to pay at least something in federal taxes to vote in federal elections. Everyone should have some skin in the game and it's easy to demand stuff if someone elsle has to pay for it.

Why should those who pay no taxes have the right to make demands of those who pay for everything?
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Hmm... I guess I could agree with some of that. I would think that voting without being all that well informed is probably just as bad as not voting.

Think about what you just said.....

Americans not voting= people exercising there rights it has nothing to do with lack of knowledge or contribution. It's called opinion and everyone is entitled to it, if it puts a bad taste in your mouth then maybe you are no better than the people trying to take our rights away.

Ej I like you but if you seriously think that just because someone chooses not to vote they are showing there lack of contribution and that they don't give a shit about the country i am inclined to call you an idiot.

Part of the problem is the disenfranchised voters, who are voting the lesser of two evils, don't have an alternative or don't perceive themselves to have one.

I blame the superPACs and big business / unions funding the major parties campaigns. Media does not cover the little guy, so they essentially are invisible. Why doesn't Johnson & Goode get equal debate time and exposure? Instead, the press makes it out like you gotta vote one or the other. Maybe if third parties were more of a threat the Reps and Dems might wake up and get their own houses in order besides just slamming each other.

I'm not voting.. but that's cause I'm
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Think about what you just said.....

Americans not voting= people exercising there rights it has nothing to do with lack of knowledge or contribution. It's called opinion and everyone is entitled to it, if it puts a bad taste in your mouth then maybe you are no better than the people trying to take our rights away.

Americans not voting are not people exercising their rights. That is another joke! It was never given to anyone as a right to not vote. They fought FOR that right and now there are people that dont care about that.

Its funny Grim, because if you couldnt vote you would want to and now that you can you dont.

Again, typical of a broken system. This is what happens when you let people think for themselves. They do the wrong things and then try to justify it.

Ej I like you but if you seriously think that just because someone chooses not to vote they are showing there lack of contribution and that they don't give a shit about the country i am inclined to call you an idiot.
    This is funny to me... Think about what YOU are saying.

You must just not like the way it sounds because someone that is not voting is not contributing! So if someone that does vote is "contributing" then what is someone that is not voting called?

Welcome to 2012 Grim, where you are entitled to your opinion and everyone has been tough that they are "never" wrong.

Dont vote, just dont mad when someone says you are not contributing. Because you are not. Not doing = Not contributing.
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Fri Oct 19th, 2012 at 11:36 AM.

Americans not voting are not people exercising their rights. That is another joke! It was never given to anyone as a right to not vote. They fought FOR that right and now there are people that dont care about that.

Its funny Grim, because if you couldnt vote you would want to and now that you can you dont.

Again, typical of a broken system. This is what happens when you let people think for themselves. They do the wrong things and then try to justify it.

Dont vote, just dont mad when someone says you are not contributing. Because you are not. Not doing = Not contributing.
    Participating in CONSTRUCTIVE debate is contributing...

Participating in CONSTRUCTIVE debate is contributing...
    Right, and calling someone an idiot is proof that on yet another level Grim doesnt contribute.

Rabble rabble rabble!

Right, and calling someone an idiot is proof that on yet another level Grim doesnt contribute.
    My contribution is obviously not worthy of Ej's perfect America.

It seriously amazes me how you are so passionate about passing judgment merely because someone doesn't do something that is oh so important as voting.

I shall gladly go back to laughing at these political posts, carry on.

you should not even be allowed here you don't own a motorcycle anymore!!!

My contribution is obviously not worthy of Ej's perfect America.

It seriously amazes me how you are so passionate about passing judgment merely because someone doesn't do something that is oh so important as voting.

I shall gladly go back to laughing at these political posts, carry on.

you should not even be allowed here you don't own a motorcycle anymore!!!
    Im not shooting for a "perfect America" I just think it would be nice if the citizens that enjoy the benefits could maybe, um.. VOTE. I know its so hard for you to understand, but its called a civil duty. The more people like you the worse this place gets.

Im not passing judgment? Just because I said that by not voting you are not contributing? I must have struck a nerve...

I thought we were friends Grimie? Im sad now

As far as what I have in my garage (that doesnt have a bad ass checkered floor in cotton hood), I think you would be surprised. Im just not like you posting pictures of all my shit the second I get it.

Back to work buddy!
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Fri Oct 19th, 2012 at 02:07 PM.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

On my personal behalf, my family has been in military service since they've immigrated here from Europe.

<snip>

Good on ya! But remember, if you are drawing a paycheck from Uncle Sam -- I PAY YOUR FUCKING SALARY THROUGH MY TAXES WHICH MAKES ME YOUR EMPLOYER. YOU CAN FUCK OFF WITH THAT ATTITUDE. BTW -- YOUR 'BOSS' NEEDS TO BE CHANGED EVERY EIGHT YEARS OR SO BY YOUR EMPLOYER BECAUSE YOU CAN'T TELL HIM TO FUCK OFF. /rant.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV