Thread: Looking at these rear-sets, which positions will have the quickets shift action?

Looking at these rear-sets, which positions will have the quickets shift action?

I'm having trouble getting my rear-sets to shift exactly how I am expecting. Basically, the shift throws are too long, and I want to shorten them. Here is a picture of my rear-sets, and I have circled the 2 spots where I have a choice on where to attach the rods. So which position in the red circles, and the yellow circles, will give me the fastest shift action. You can tell which ones are being used now, and I believe these are the fastest, but I'm having doubts (Top red circle, left yellow).

Note the reason I'm asking and not just trying them out is because they are a pain in the ass to change.

Re: Looking at these rear-sets, which positions will have the quickets shift action?

nvmd.. i am dumb
    Last edited by asp_125; Fri Nov 9th, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Re: Looking at these rear-sets, which positions will have the quickets shift action?

The points furthest away from the pivots will generate the largest motion with the least amount of travel at the lever tip, but will increase shift effort (most likely not an issue on the S1000).
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

That's what I thought. Which means that I am using the shortest adjustments that I can. I'll look around for an aftermarket arm, which connects the linkage to the trans.

Furthest away from the pivot on the shift lever (what you move with your foot), closest to the shaft on the tranny will give the 'quickest' shift, least amount of movement from the pedal/lever.
    dave.
    "Helping motorcycles live up to their potential."
    www.STMSuspension.com

Does the QS sensor have a sensitivity adjustment?
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'll look around for an aftermarket arm, which connects the linkage to the trans.
    I can make that for you. Give me a length and thread diameter and pitch at each end. Can make an adjustable version too, so you can switch positions without changing the shift rod.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M