Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: yet another school shooting....

Re: yet another school shooting....

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Call me old fashioned too, I miss the days when school kids had a disagreement, they'd settle it after school at the soccer field and kick the shit out of each other. They learned to resolve conflict or avoid it. With the new no bullying and zero tolerance policies the kids bottle up their anger inside until years later they snap like this. (Pure conjecture that this particular case is anything related, however)
    100% agree!!!!!

School yard fights end in a few scratches and bruises instead of now with kids dead.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

This was an adult, reportedly the husband of the teacher whose room was shot up. Nothing to do with a school yard dust-up, or some kid feeling unloved.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    This was an adult, reportedly the husband of the teacher whose room was shot up. Nothing to do with a school yard dust-up, or some kid feeling unloved.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families, and their friends.

How can this happen? Don't criminals know that schools are federally mandated Gun Free Zones? Oh wait. They DO know that, and that's why they target schools. And movie theaters. And offices with "no weapons" policies.

When are people going to start looking at the problem in terms of its cause, and not the instrument that the criminal chose to use? In countries where guns are heavily restricted, knives become the weapon of choice (look up knife massacres if you don't believe me). Any moderately bright 9 year old can formulate explosives or poisons from a trip to Walgreens. I don't have any answers on WHY these sick fucks do the shit that they do, but the solution is a lot less complex. I have a real problem with cocksuckers like James Holmes wasting the oxygen on MY planet. A murder trial with this much evidence shouldn't take 4 years to make it to trial, and another 30 before they stick a needle in his twisted ass. "Insanity" is no defense, merely an explanation. Ok, so he's fucking crazy. And guilty of multiple murders. Put a bullet in the base of his skull and move on.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I took it as a general statement made by asp_125 and not about this shooting since thread went way beyond this shooting a long time ago. Hey that is CSC though.....gun rights and so many threads end up going this route
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Possible weapons found: Bushmaster AR-15, Glock, & SigSauer, plus "combat gear". Killed his brother/roommate in Hoboken, drove 80 miles to a CT. house (secondary scene still investigating), then to the school to shoot his Mother, and all others.

Apparently there's already the wrong Ryan Lanza pic floating around and that guy had to take down his FB profile, and is getting hounded, geeze. Sucks to be him. Also might be a brother Adam Lanza taking his ID, who knows. Guess we'll find out by tonight or tomorrow for sure...
    Last edited by Ghosty; Fri Dec 14th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Not what I read from ABC news. Of course details are sketchy and confused. Anyway, that's not the point here. Tragic work of some sick fuck.

A heavily armed man invaded a Newtown, Conn., elementary school today, killing his mother and 26 others, mostly children, federal and state sources tell ABC News. The gunman, identified as Ryan Lanza, 24, of New Jersey, was killed inside of the school.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Possible weapons found: Bushmaster AR-15, Glock, & SigSauer, plus "combat gear". Killed his brother/roommate in Hoboken, drove 80 miles to a CT. house (secondary scene still investigating), then to the school to shoot his Mother, and all others.

Apparently there's already the wrong Ryan Lanza pic floating around and that guy had to take down his FB profile, and is getting hounded, geeze. Sucks to be him. Also might be a brother Adam Lanza taking his ID, who knows. Guess we'll find out by tonight or tomorrow for sure...
    apparently that is not him...insane! Poor guy.
    http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...medium=twitter

What is really sickening is the media (as always) with their "reporting" without getting any facts!!!! I can't stand the sensationalist media BS! After watching tv for 15 min I turned that crap off and took the dog for a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettodsm View Post
    apparently that is not him...insane! Poor guy.
    http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...medium=twitter

What is really sickening is the media (as always) with their "reporting" without getting any facts!!!! I can't stand the sensationalist media BS! After watching tv for 15 min I turned that crap off and took the dog for a walk.
    Number 1 rule in media is be the 1st to report it, facts be damned.

I find it absolutely sickening that the media is interviewing children about what happened and what they saw. Leave those kids alone you sick f&*ks, let them go home and hug their teddy bears. They have had enough trauma today without your dumb ass trying to make a career by getting the best story.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Media does tend to stir the pot a lot more with their guessing

It's not the media's fault this time. The CT. LEO's released that info to all the press. Apparently there might be mistaken ID, or stolen ID on the shooters body now. It's still not clear, they don't want to say it's Ryan Lanza though, just yet...
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by JKOL View Post
    Number 1 rule in media is be the 1st to report it, facts be damned.

I find it absolutely sickening that the media is interviewing children about what happened and what they saw. Leave those kids alone you sick f&*ks, let them go home and hug their teddy bears. They have had enough trauma today without your dumb ass trying to make a career by getting the best story.
    Exactly! Beyond distasteful, interesting(read -FUBAR) times we live in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    Or the photos flying around on facebook. Dude thats someines kid at what could possible be the worst day of their luves. How would you feel if yournkids photo was flying around on the internet?
    Indeed!

Or the photos flying around on facebook. Dude thats someines kid at what could possible be the worst day of their luves. How would you feel if yournkids photo was flying around on the internet?

Yep, this right here... This Mexican singer died earlier this week when her plane went down in Mexico and someone posted the pictures of her remains on facebook... That is just sickening in its entirety given how morbid people are. Disgusted by this

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

I had to cut and paste this from a friend of a friend's FB post. I don't agree with all of it, but I do think this guy has a very valid point.

"We as humans must stop this madness. Gun control is NOT the answer. More security at schools is NOT the answer. Suing movie theaters for lack of security is NOT the answer. We need to reverse this politically correct mentality we have and start punishing the youth for behaving badly.

I see too many parents letting their children run their lives. Not spanking them because it's "abuse", not correcting them because they're children and they need to grow in their own way. BULLSHIT! Spank the shit out of that kid when they are wrong, yell at them in public to correct them. We must take back control of todays youth.

There has always been violence and evil but this is the no punishment generation that is committing these horrendous crimes. Too many early 20's having mental issues and my personal belief is that it's a direct result of lack of punishment and not being held accountable for things they do wrong. They have no idea what life is going to deal them and they snap as soon as the safeties of mommy and daddy are removed. In this case so much he decided to kill them even.

If you are a parent please take control of your children. Love them by correcting them, spanking them and teaching them that this is unacceptable. It starts with us as parents and I am as much a part of this as any parent. If you see an un easy change in your teen or twenty something PLEASE advise someone and or take actions to help them.

This is NOT a religious situation. This is a parenting issue.

Sad day here in the world. Send your thoughts to these families today. Take actions to change it tomorrow."

MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1078rr
    2012 CBR1000rr Anniversary Edition

"keep your words soft and sweet as one day you may have to eat them" -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Makes me wonder why so many schools are getting shot up and not a single guns store....

I would be perfectly comfortable with my kids attending a school where the teachers were trained and carried (concealed of course).
    Me too on the school concealed point.

Gunstore doesn't equal easy prey.

Analogy isn't mine, but I agree with the notion. Sheep, sheepdogs and wolves.
    http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Or was it? I'm totally playing devils advocate here but goes with what was brought up by puneyjenny.

This "man" was still 20 from the latest reports. Still a damned child. One who probably never had a scuffle in school, or had a parent that spanked them for doing wrong.

Also saw something about all the firearms were legally purchased, by his mother. So gun control would not have had an effect on the minor in possession of a firearm who was determined to do wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PunyJuney View Post

Spank the shit out of that kid when they are wrong, yell at them in public to correct them. We must take back control of todays youth.

There has always been violence and evil but this is the no punishment generation that is committing these horrendous crimes. Too many early 20's having mental issues and my personal belief is that it's a direct result of lack of punishment and not being held accountable for things they do wrong.
    Oh, if only it were this easy. Punishment and being held accountable will not make a seriously mentally ill youngster any less of a seriously mentally ill adolescent or adult.

And guns in the classrooms??? I don't think so. I can see allowing only 1 entrance into a school with a properly-trained officer or armed guard there, maybe even a metal detector. But if I'm a mother of a young child, there's no way I'm sending him or her to a school with any number of loaded guns on site.
    Last edited by 50sGrl; Fri Dec 14th, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

09 Yamaha FZ6R
    08 Yamaha XT250

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 50sGrl View Post
    Oh, if only it were this easy. Punishment and being held accountable will not make a seriously mentally ill youngster any less of a seriously mentally ill adolescent or adult.
    Like I said, I don't agree with all of it....but I really think parents need to step up. A seriously mentally ill youngster should be in treatment supervised by their family not left to fend for themselves at the detriment of others.

MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1078rr
    2012 CBR1000rr Anniversary Edition

"keep your words soft and sweet as one day you may have to eat them" -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by 50sGrl View Post
    But if I'm a mother of a young child, there's no way I'm sending him or her to a school with any number of loaded guns on site.
    Why may I ask?

Are you uncomfortable around armed security or police officers because they are armed?

My point is this. Right now guns are not legal in schools. No teachers are allowed to carry. These horrible acts of gun violence keep happening where no one is legally allowed to carry a firearm. Strangely enough the criminals aren't listening.

Crazy?

Continuing to do something the 1 way and expecting different results.

Formerly known as "redrider" Monster's Avatar

This isn't a problem with guns. It is a problem with society. The sooner people start trying to catch these wackos before they snap the better off their time will be. Blaming the gun for violence is like me blaming my #2 pencil for misssspelled words.
    Honda 95 f3-sold
    Honda 01 f4i-sold
    Honda 01-f4i-sold
    Suzuki-02 GSXR 1000 sold
    Kawasaki 08 zx6r Monster edition Sold
    VTX 1800
    05 CBR 600
    03 CBR 954
    05 ninja 636

How horrible. My heart goes out to the families in Newtown.

I hope this will bring more attention to mental health. A better infrastructure for diagnosis and treatment, a society more acceptable, but also family members and friends to take action when they see "warning signs" rather than ignoring them. Mental health has to stop being a taboo within families and society. No healthy person commits a horrific crime like this!

Bad day to go to school i guess.

China.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/385705...s#.UMurCBpZ4qE
    No one died in this one though.