Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: yet another school shooting....

Re: yet another school shooting....

I have spent some time in a mental health facility as a nursing student...I can tell those of you that haven't seen what goes on, would be shocked! As a society we need more treatment opportunities for these patients. Funding is tight and I think we are at a tipping point in society that we need to address this problem. Mental health is real and not a choice. Parents need to educate themselves about warning signs with their children and adults need to be aware of those around them. A large percentage of mentally ill people seek medical attention within 30 days of committing suicide, I would be curious if this individual did the same.

I agree that alot of our problems are brought on by lack of good parenting, terrible media, and a very liberal society. I don't have a non-religous answer on how to solve these problems.

I am sorry for those who have lost loved ones in this attack.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Townie View Post
    You want to get stabbed? That shit hurts.
    Rather live through something painful than die of something quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja2 View Post
    How horrible. My heart goes out to the families in Newtown.

I hope this will bring more attention to mental health. A better infrastructure for diagnosis and treatment, a society more acceptable, but also family members and friends to take action when they see "warning signs" rather than ignoring them. Mental health has to stop being a taboo within families and society. No healthy person commits a horrific crime like this!
    This! I talked to my grandpa yesterday about the ct shooting and in regards to mental illness and how we have changed as a society in his lifetime. He said when he was young (late 40's) coming back from WWII and the military had to deal with PSD and other trauma related illness - they did this =nothing!!! If you kept "acting up" as my grandpa put it you simply were put in the brig or worse put in a asylum. My grandma was put in an asylum at a young age just for having bi-polar traits. Now though we have gone from a "commit them and throw away the key" mentality to a "give them meds and forget about it' mentality. Mental illness and the way it is treated needs to be looked at and IMHO completely revamped. Hopefully it changes soon with acts like these bringing mental health and the way it is treated(or not at all) to the forefront. Maybe take a cue from the way the NBA looks at mental health(seriously) - I think society needs to look at mental health/illness as not just something that a small few have and needs to be dealt with meds and hope that it goes away.
    Last edited by Ghettodsm; Sat Dec 15th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

Youre completely missing the point. And a stabbing can have extreme life altering results. Sure maybe none of them died but that doesnt make it less tragic. Still innocent kids and families scarred for life.
    You seem to be missing the point, no matter how life altering, I'd rather be alive. It's always better to be alive than dead, always. And it's far less scaring to the people not left behind.

I get that everyone wants to point this out so that we can all tell ourselves that with out gunS this guy would have still been able to kill all those kids, well fact is, he wouldn't have, as proven by the Chinese incident where no one died, but 20 people were stabbed.

No matter where I would be hit, I'd rather be stabbed than shot, and anyone that thinks otherwise, well.....
    Last edited by laspariahs; Sat Dec 15th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laspariahs View Post
    You seem to be missing the point, no matter how life altering, I'd rather be alive. It's always better to be alive than dead, always. And it's far less scaring to the people not left behind.

I get that everyone wants to point this out so that we can all tell ourselves that with out gunS this guy would have still been able to kill all those kids, well fact is, he wouldn't have, as proven by the Chinese incident where no one died, but 20 people were stabbed.

No matter where I would be hit, I'd rather be stabbed than shot, and anyone that thinks otherwise, well.....
    Well what?

Personally it would depend. If it's within 20 feet I'd give someone a gun over a knife any day of the week. Besides it's not like you can't redirect a firearm. I've seen the results of trying to redirect a knife and it's not pretty.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Why may I ask?

Are you uncomfortable around armed security or police officers because they are armed?
    Not at all. At least not around armed police officers. Security . . . depends on the training and qualifications.

Im kind of curious about this post. First you say you would be okay with one armed guard but then you say you wouldnt be okay with any number of firearms. Im guessing you would be okay with a officer who does his post certs but not okay with a teacher? I dont really understand that. One person isnt born with special abilities to use a firearm. How would you feel if the school district took a handful of staff and had them train with local police/swat to establish a proper security/ containment scenarios for these events. Basically staff like pe teachers and janitorial workers would be able to single out the problem area and create line of defense for the rest of the children. The staff could work on these tactics during the summer at the school so that no only would the swat teams be familiar with the layout but so local leo has a bit more info of the whos whys and whats.
    Well, my thinking begins with this: First of all, I am a gun owner. When my kids were young, the guns and the ammo were stored, locked, separately. It just seems to me that's necessary when kids (or unstable adults) are in proximity. Assuming all other issues/problems aside, if teachers/school employees are armed or have access to weapons there in the school, in the time that employee begins to hear shots/screams/etc., unlocks both ammo and weapon, loads, and searches for the problem, people have probably already died. Which leads me to the question, Why let the shooter in the school in the first place? When I lived in Northern Virginia, my kids' school teams occasionally played the Islamic Saudi Academy teams at that school. There was only one entry/exit point with an armed guard and a metal detector. Other exits were available but were alarmed. This seemed very efficient and effective.

Now as for those "issues/problems." Even if ammo/guns are locked, no lock is foolproof. Tell certain kids they can't have something, they want it more than anything. They know something is locked, it is now the ultimate challenge to obtain. And sometimes adults just make mistakes. What will it be like that first time there is an injury or death, accidental or otherwise, caused by an "allowed" firearm in the school? And I don't think training school staff with SWAT members is going to solve all problems. The issue isn't just the shooting, the marksmanship, itself. I'm sure the online officers could speak to this better than I, but it seems to me that there is much more to training an officer than just marksmanship. I have to believe that (1) only those with a certain emotional and mental makeup/mindset are even allowed into training and (2) that there is substantial training and retraining focusing on critical issues such as how to effectively and safely handle unexpected and possibly deadly situations without collateral damage, etc. Again, I defer to the officers (and as an aside, I am curious how they would feel sending their children to a "citizen-armed" school).

I have no doubt that there will be found "holes" in my thinking, but I certainly don't mind sharing that thinking with you. This is a very difficult, troubling situation either way. But I do believe that this particular tragedy is not really a gun issue but a mental health issue. And although it's easy to point fingers in an effort to understand how something so horrific could happen, I don't believe laying blanket blame on parents or bullies or whatever without specific reason or facts serves any good purpose. Every situation is different and every troubled person is unique.

09 Yamaha FZ6R
    08 Yamaha XT250

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I wonder why we haven't heard about this in the national news?

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-ma...183593571.html
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

They can't sensationalize that into non stop coverage.

50sgrl, I will comment that I have had full access to my own weapon (starting with a .22) and ammo since I got it as a gift at 12 years old. It was never accidentally discharged.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Have two friends that work at two different gun shops. Both shops in the past day have had over 4 hr wait times on their background checks. This wait is about 3 hours more than average and at least an hour more than even peak times (the wait times following the Aurora shooting were around 2 1/2 hours).

The next crazy statistic out of all this is that CCW will spike (again). I was told that following the Aurora shooting, in Douglas county, applications went from around 2200 for the previous year to 2400 for the 2 months following.

All that said. Im thinking that the next cluster fuck involving guns will be tons of idiots (legally) carrying guns around. Saying that someone is qualified to carry a gun (because they have a license) is the same as saying that we trust that anyone passing a driving test can drive. The last thing this country needs is a bunch of paranoid retards running to carry guns. This isnt a perfect world anymore. Its not the kind of place that you trust that people you dont know have good morals and come from a background of even a par upbringing. Honestly, do you believe that the guy in front of you is going to use his blinker before he cuts you off? Just the same, do you think that "tard A" is competent enough to use the gun hes concealing (probably out of popularity) for the right reasons?

I guess I just dont trust the majority of society to make the right decision when the right decision NEEDS to be made.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Thanks for the read, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MRA 32 View Post
    I have spent some time in a mental health facility as a nursing student...I can tell those of you that haven't seen what goes on, would be shocked! As a society we need more treatment opportunities for these patients. Funding is tight and I think we are at a tipping point in society that we need to address this problem. Mental health is real and not a choice. Parents need to educate themselves about warning signs with their children and adults need to be aware of those around them. A large percentage of mentally ill people seek medical attention within 30 days of committing suicide, I would be curious if this individual did the same.

I agree that alot of our problems are brought on by lack of good parenting, terrible media, and a very liberal society. I don't have a non-religous answer on how to solve these problems.

I am sorry for those who have lost loved ones in this attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I still contend that the deinstitutionalization movement of the 60-70's stemming from the Community Mental Health Act of 1963 set much of this into motion There are some people that just don't need to be in the general population. The system was dismantled because of past abuses, a typical gov't overreaction to something. Then you have some in the psychiatric community and big pharma who think they can solve all the problem through medication without considering that many people in that condition are not responsible enough to stay on their meds. There are things that cannot be fixed with meds or therapy. It also requires that family and friends realize someone has problems, too many ignore those signs until something happens.

My wife worked at the Austin State Hospital when she was in grad school at Southwest Texas State, she saw it first hand that the mind can be a very fragile and scary thing, even when medicated.

I'm not going to say that everyone should carry a gun. I do know teachers that carry in violation of god knows how many laws, because they think it's worth it IF that terrible situation comes.

I often hear people say that a common citizen with a gun can't make a difference. Bullshit. They can, and have.

http://www.volokh.com/2012/12/14/do-...mass-shooters/

Backers of laws that let pretty much all law-abiding carry concealed guns in public places often argue that these laws will sometimes enable people to stop mass shootings. Opponents occasionally ask: If that’s so, what examples can one give of civilians armed with guns stopping such shootings? Sometimes, I hear people asking if even one such example can be found, or saying that they haven’t heard even one such example.

Naturally, such examples will be rare, partly because mass shootings are rare, partly because many mass shootings happen in supposedly “gun-free” zones (such as schools, universities, or private property posted with a no-guns sign) in which gun carrying isn’t allowed, and partly for other reasons. Moreover, at least some examples are contested, because it might be unclear — as you’ll see below — whether the shooter had been planning to kill more people when he was stopped. But here are instances that I have seen, not counting killings stopped by people who were off-duty police officers (or police officers from other jurisdictions) at the time of the shooting.

1. In Pearl, Mississippi in 1997, 16-year-old Luke Woodham stabbed and bludgeoned to death his mother at home, then killed two students and injured seven at his high school. As he was leaving the school, he was stopped by Assistant Principal Joel Myrick, who had gone out to get a handgun from his car. I have seen sources that state that Woodham was on the way to Pearl Junior High School to continue shooting, though I couldn’t find any contemporaneous news articles that so state.
    2. In Edinboro, Pennsylvania in 1996, 14-year-old Andrew Wurst shot and killed a teacher at a school dance, and shot and injured several other students. He had just left the dance hall, carrying his gun — possibly to attack more people, though the stories that I’ve seen are unclear — when he was confronted by the dance hall owner James Strand, who lived next door and kept a shotgun at home. It’s not clear whether Wurst was planning to kill others, would have gotten into a gun battle with the police, or would have otherwise killed more people had Strand not stopped him.
    3. In Winnemucca, Nevada in 2008, Ernesto Villagomez killed two people and wounded two others in a bar filled with three hundred people. He was then shot and killed by a patron who was carrying a gun (and had a concealed carry license). It’s not clear whether Villagomez would have killed more people; the killings were apparently the result of a family feud, and I could see no information on whether Villagomez had more names on his list, nor could one tell whether he would have killed more people in trying to evade capture.
    4. In Colorado Springs in 2007, Matthew Murray killed four people at a church. He was then shot several times by Jeanne Assam, a church member, volunteer security guard, and former police officer (she had been dismissed by a police department 10 years before, and to my knowledge hadn’t worked as a police officer since). Murray, knocked down and badly wounded, killed himself; it is again not clear whether he would have killed more people had he not been wounded, but my guess is that he would have.

So it appears that civilians armed with guns are sometimes willing to intervene to stop someone who had just committed a mass shooting in public. In what fraction of mass shootings would such interventions happen, if gun possession were allowed in the places where the shootings happen? We don’t know. In what fraction would interventions prevent more killings and injuries, as opposed to capturing or killing the murderer after he’s already done? We don’t know. In what fraction would interventions lead to more injuries to bystanders? Again, we don’t know. Finally, always keep in mind that mass shootings in public places should not be the main focus in the gun debate, whether for gun control or gun decontrol: They on average account for much less than 1% of all homicides in the U.S., and are unusually hard to stop through gun control laws (since the killer is bent on committing a publicly visible murder and is thus unlikely to be much deterred by gun control law, or by the prospect of encountering an armed bystander).

Still, people have asked for examples of some shootings in which a civilian armed with a gun intervened and brought down the shooter — so here they are.
    Add to that the Clackamas mall, The Sikh Temple, and this:

http://rense.com/general19/schd.htm

Two of the three Virginia law students who overpowered a gunman in a fatal school shooting were armed and used their weapons to disarm the shooter. Yet of the 280 stories written about the shooting, a mere four mentioned the fact that the heroic students were armed and used their guns to halt the rampage.
    It becomes pretty clear that you don't have to be some combination of Jason Bourne, Robocop and a SWAT team to take meaningful action, you just need to be able to act. Many more incidents that COULD have become "mass shootings" have been reduced to not being newsworthy by someone taking action early. Could a CCW have prevented the CT shooting entirely? Maybe not. Could it have reduced the magnitude of the tragedy? Maybe.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    I'm not going to say that everyone should carry a gun. I do know teachers that carry in violation of god knows how many laws, because they think it's worth it IF that terrible situation comes.

I often hear people say that a common citizen with a gun can't make a difference. Bullshit. They can, and have.

http://www.volokh.com/2012/12/14/do-...mass-shooters/

Add to that the Clackamas mall, The Sikh Temple, and this:

http://rense.com/general19/schd.htm

It becomes pretty clear that you don't have to be some combination of Jason Bourne, Robocop and a SWAT team to take meaningful action, you just need to be able to act. Many more incidents that COULD have become "mass shootings" have been reduced to not being newsworthy by someone taking action early. Could a CCW have prevented the CT shooting entirely? Maybe not. Could it have reduced the magnitude of the tragedy? Maybe.
    See that's always what makes me laugh when people don't believe that the common citizen can make a sound judgement and stop a shooting.

People always believe that the Government or in this case Law Enforcement are better equipped, better trained and have a better mindset to deal with a shooting.

But I have yet to understand how people think that a police officer can take a gunman easier than I can?? I have a relative that is retired CSPD of 28 years, and I've asked him how much officers really shoot and how much they train. And unless it's changed since he was in uniform, he told me that average run of the mill beat cop, qualifies twice a year and he told me, for most of the officers he served with. Those two times per year were the only times they brought their guns out to shoot. He even told me that SWAT don't train as much as everyone is led to believe. Course this is back in the 90's right when he retired(so I'm sure in recent years, SWAT train more and harder). But I'm going off of what he's told me from his years in service.

So let me get this straight. A cop who shoots just twice a year has better training, better judgement with a weapon than I do??? I still shoot close to 5000 rounds per year. Was as high as 10000 when the ammo shortage hit back in 2008. I'm someone who shoots usually two times per month, and sometimes more if I feel like it. But I always get to the range in two week intervals. I practice many kinds of techniques and drills. And this is just pistol training, I'm not talking about rifle. I practice rifle quite a bit too and I dare say there are few cops that can group a half dollar at 600+ in wind. I know many hunters and people that shoot long rifles can. But how many cops train for precision??

Yet somehow, me and people like me aren't up to the task of taking on a deranged shooter?? I know several CCW people that have the same mindset that I do. It was the mindset that my instructor told me to burn into my head before I even think about carrying a firearm. It's the mindset of one day, I may have to draw my weapon in defense of myself or someone else and that I should feel more than confident in the fact that, if my pistol comes from my holster I can hit what I'm aiming at. And that the possibility of taking a life is present when my firearm leaves its holster.

I came to terms with that, years ago. It's an ethos that you live by being CCW.

Now, I know people think that CCW'er's are just wannabe Rambo's. That's not the case for me or the several people that I know that carry. We are all humble in the fact that we've been given a responsibility to protect ourselves and family. We are also constantly praying that the day never arrives that we do have to draw on someone. I don't look forward to that day and never have. But I know, should that day arrive. My training and practice will automatically kick in and I'll be able to do what is called upon me to do.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    In all the quoted cases, mass deaths were possibly averted, but people still died. It's like fixing an oil burning engine by adding more oil; you haven't solved the problem, just making it less severe.

It's not about fucking guns, or knives or bombs etc! By the time we REACT it's already too late. We need to prevent the first shot from being ever fired. It's a societal problem on how/why we produce these wack jobs and how we isolate or integrate them into the general population.
    Last edited by asp_125; Sun Dec 16th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    In all the quoted cases, mass deaths were possibly averted, but people still died. It's like fixing an oil burning engine by adding more oil; you haven't solved the problem, just making it less severe.

It's not about fucking guns, or knives or bombs etc! By the time we REACT it's already too late. We need to prevent the first shot from being ever fired. It's a societal problem on how/why we produce these wack jobs and how we isolate or integrate them into the general population.
    Until we figure out how to do that, our greatest hope is to reduce the casualties. I prepare myself for that remote possibility because I can do that, I alone cannot fix society, but I alone can prepare myself for a situation when I am forced protect those around me, my family and myself.

I agree 100% that eliminating the need for self defense is the best possible scenario. Realistically, even in a totalitarian police state, there's going to be those that seek to do harm to others. Given a choice, I'd rather see fewer victims, and more dead bad guys.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Wack jobs have been around since the beginning of man, do a search about mass murderers and there are a bunch of them going back to the 1600's. There are some people that just shouldn't be in the general population and no amount of therapy or drugs will change that.

I am truly devastated for the families of the victims and their community. I cannot think of a worse thing than losing a child. While the killing of another person is always abhorrent, the killing of children is beyond words. Nothing I or anyone can say is going to help make sense of this senseless violence.

We will all need to come to terms with this in our own way. For some this is going to mean pushing for gun control laws. While I enjoy my right to bare arms, I do believe there should be some measures taken to prevent criminals and the mentally ill from acquiring firearms. This does not mean banning firearms but we should be open to discussion of the subject in general.

Personally, I think we should have a deterrent system in place similar to an air marshal. Schools and other public venues should employ a few regular staff who are also highly trained for active shooter type situations. They should not be known to the general public and should be able to carry a weapon or at least have access to one in a nearby safe. These marshals would primarily just do their normal day job as teachers, cashier's, janitors or whatever, but could have a slightly higher pay scale for their training and marshal duties.

Like I stated already, in a school where most teachers are liberal-minded will NOT be CCW carriers. The school had security, Lanza shot his way into the building. Putting armed security guards at every elementary and middle/jr.high school is a monumentally expensive task. Look up how many elementary schools there are in America. Out country can't afford that, at least until after our deficit is handled.

In this case anyway, I don't see how more CCW citizens would've prevented this mental case. I'm not for gun control, but I do agree we need to close those big loopholes where defects (and people under 21) like this can easily get their hands on 'em. I'm against banning big mags and certain parts, that never works, dudes will just carry more mags, duh! The Clinton AWB was useless, statistics prove that.

The administration and anti-gun lobby will definitely move to reinstate that thing, I just hope they don't add to it! And local handgun laws have already been proven as useless!

They need a multi-pronged approach to identifying and treating mental illness, that would more than any gun control.

Bad news for the NRA set. Gun-control legislation picking up steam over the weekend...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...act/?hpt=hp_t2
    Last edited by Ghosty; Mon Dec 17th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

How about we as whole come to terms that the world is dangerous. There is bad people and there is good. How about we help teach our kids the importance of knowing these things. How about we start raising our children to grow up. Now days our kids are never really made to grow up. They are not getting the tough love when they need it. No their hands are being held and then being unleasged into a cold cruel world with no coping skills to deal with it. Is it really surprise that the pc generations are the ones freaking out? We have people who call 911 because a fast food joint got their order wrong.

You and I are on the same page. How about we do that. But to wave a glib statement like parents should step up doesn't address the fact that many parents themselves are barely functional. How do you expect a parent drugged up on tranquilizers etc themselves, to raise a normal child. "Wait Johnny, mommy has to take her magic pills before dealing with you" Come on, seriously? If you're barely able to keep it together yourself do we expect you to be a good parent?

I'm certain there are parents who are managing, and more power to them. As well I'm sure there are ones who are trying their hardest to save a child who was born broken. There are success stories, but when parenting fails, the mentally ill need to be analyzed, institutionalized and treated; locked up if necessary instead of given pills and told to go back into society. Yes, that is a slippery slope into Minority Report but what’s the alternative, more shootings? And how much would all of that cost? Are you going to pay for it through more taxes? Through a percentage of gun sales? The way I see it, we'll either have a paranoid society armed to the teeth, or a paranoid one that locks people away.

Here's a question for those wanting a proliferation of guns in schools, so in the event of a shooting it prevents mass murder. So is it acceptable that in the course of a fire fight, that the gunman is neutralized, but that the gunman shoots one child before being killed? Or that stray bullets kill one child but the school was saved. Does collateral damage justify the process?

What if that child was yours? Awww I'm sorry your little girl died, but look on the bright side, we saved the other kids. Changes the stakes of the game doesn't it? Wouldn't you feel helpless if a teacher could not protect your kid while you were at work. And how many half-stable parents would snap and kill a teacher in revenge? It could happen, if you just arm everyone but not treat mental illness, you just have a society of armed nut jobs.

We are all frustrated and grasping at straws. Trying to process the tragedy in our own way. It's sad that there are no moderate solutions, people are polarized in one camp or another. There is no easy and inexpensive answer (in dollar amounts or personal freedoms).
    Last edited by asp_125; Mon Dec 17th, 2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

It's all about the body count and the media glory. Go out in infamy.... fucktards.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

Hope they look at this, so guess it doesn't matter much, or give them cause to think a Federal AWB really would help? I don't agree:

Connecticut has some of the strictest assault-weapons laws in the country.
    Lanza's Mom didn't recognize her son's mental issues, or have they checked into that? She didn't secure her weapons or just bought them for her son, or what have they found?...
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.