Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: TFOG Jim BBQ Benefit - Silent Auction - Sunday January 20th NOW AT FAY MEYERS

Re: TFOG Jim BBQ Benefit - Silent Auction - Sunday January 20th NOW AT FAY MEYERS

Great food! Hopefully the auction will bring in lots of $$.

Thanks for putting this on today.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: TFOG Jim BBQ Benefit - Silent Auction - Sunday January 20th NOW AT FAY MEYERS

It was AWESOME! You guys RAWK! Good seeing some of the old guard!
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

What a great turnout, awesome times for a really good cause. Jim did make it after all and is here now.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    What a great turnout, awesome times for a really good cause. Jim did make it after all and is here now.
    Tell him it sit on it

He doesn't have to spin tho........
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

he showed up literally like 2 mins after the great majority left. He's a warrior though man, up and running! Wouldn't surprise me if he was at the shop tomorrow lol

Exposed Member Lifetime Supporter Bashed's Avatar

Sorry I had to bail kind early. I would of enjoyed to give Jim some shit in person.
    Like NN said, it was good to see some of the old guard there.
    Jim, I wish you a speedy recoverery, and glad to hear you injuries arn't as bad a they could of been.
    I still have my walker around here somewhere if you need one.
    It's hell getting old and then broke.
    Godspeed!
    Bash
    * Bash, Bashasaurus, Ms Bash, his neighbors or friends are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you being squidish, squid like, squirting ink, or waving your non-covered tentacles about in a squidy fashion. Nor is he or his associates responsible for any citations as a result of you hanging with SoCo. Any attempt to coerce, blame, question, or pin your loser-riffic behavior on any of us, or those who are considered us for the night, as well as people we like, to include Salma Hayek and Nicky Hayden, among others, will result in a profanity stricken series of post that mock and taunt you incessantly, as well as many of us adding such insults to our signature lines. Avoid taking SoCo before bedtime. Do not use if you experience faintness, dizziness, inverness, difficulty urinating or blotchy skin. If I steal a line, quote, avatar or image from a post you make on the internet, you're not getting credit.*

Much thanks to Brad and his wife for organizing this, especially all the obvious hard work put into preparing all that delicious food! I wish I would've stole some desserts for later, hahaa. Great turnout!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Great turnout today! Thanks to Brad and his wife for organizing and to all those who donated auction items. The bbq was delicious along with the twinkie cupcakes It was nice to see Jim up and about
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Thanks again to everyone that came out! I continue to be amazed by the generosity of the motorcycle community when one of our own is in need.

It was great to see Jim up and around too! Take it easy friend.

I am happy to say that we all raised just under $3,000 to help Jim with expenses and time off work!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Really nice event today. Great to see everybody come out of the woodwork for the turnout!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    Thanks again to everyone that came out! I continue to be amazed by the generosity of the motorcycle community when one of our own is in need.

It was great to see Jim up and around too! Take it easy friend.

I am happy to say that we all raised just under $3,000 to help Jim with expenses and time off work!
    Sick! huge kudos to you and your wife man. Food/dessert was delish fo sho! Also a huge thanks to Paul (longrider) and Fay Myers for letting us use the premises

all I can say is "THANK YOU!". This has stunned and amazed me with the response and generosity. It's all very humbling...

You guys ROCK!
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

It was nice to see you Jim, and everyone else too! Brad and Mrs. Brad did a great job on organizing everything and the food was great. Thanks to Paul and Fay for giving us the spot to throw this shindig as well.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

A few pics I took:

We filled up the clubhouse

And the parking lot

Who says you can't ride in January??:

The guest of honor:

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Brad, good on you and your wife for everything you did. The food was great! And Jim, good to see you up and around, buddy!
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

damn still mad i had to work, i think my bike made it there though >.<
    but glad to see someone set this up for a great guy

and because of all this talk about Twinkee Cup cake i need to see a pic of this
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Twinkee cup cakes? Fak, why wasn't I informed of this... Shat!

Twinkie cupcake FTMFW!!!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Twinkie cupcake FTMFW!!!
    ^^^This
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

No wonder those things flew off the table lol, I thought they were just normal cupcakes... Can I make a special order?

Special cupcakes? Did people who ate em get the munchies after?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Damn I missed them too, but that Chocolate Peanutbutter Lollypop was the bomb!

'08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.