ya but the percocet's are fun!!!

yes...yes they are

Re: Winter buster ride, Sunday March 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    ya but the percocet's are fun!!!
    +1.. I know!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    Not sure breaking both legs and having to learn how to walk again is really a "laughable" experience man.
    Well you know what I mean, not in the sense of oh well nothing happened but like in the sense that he feels that we're supporting him and such... obviously in a literal sense it isn't fun at all

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    I don't believe I know you, but I'm glad to know you're alive.

What happened?
    We met several years ago Clovis, I rode with you and the CSC a few times, mostly through 285 and Deckers. I had a charcoal grey Yamaha R6 with a lottt of red accents.
    2005 Ugly Blue (matching Silver coming this summer) NaKeD FZ6: Shatty headlight and ghetto rigged speedo mount (soon to be replaced with silver FZ16 headlight assembly), bar end and frame sliders, removed fairings, Two Brothers sreamin' full exhaust system, tidy license place holder/rear blinkers)

2007 Charcoal R6 (SOLD)!

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaRider22 View Post
    I am the rider who went down on Sunday the 3rd; please excuse my incoherencies, as I’m still in the hospital and am pretty drugged/ banged up. However, I tell you this: I am in no way inexperienced or a ”NOOB”.

I started riding dirt abikes at the age of 9 until I graduated to and tricked out a charcoal silver/gray with red accents 07’ R6 in 2008 when I was just over 15 years old when I got my rider’s permit; some of your may remember it. I also took a 3 day ABABTE riding class which was one of the best choices I ever made.

I sold my R6 at the end of ’09 because I was collecting too many tickets. I also came to the sensible conclusion that I was definitely not mature enough to handle such a big responsibility, despite having racked up over 9,000 miles without even a scratch on her.

I got a blue 05’ FZ6 about two and a half years later (a.k.a. just a few months ago) from a woman on Craigslist that was asking $3,300 for what she claimed was a like new (but I could from see from the pics it wasn’t and I ended up talking her down to $2,500 because there was some minor cosmetic issues.

Anyways, I loved the bike tremendously. I was looking forward to putting a serious first riding season on that odometer, especially since I’d already accumulated over 1,000 miles since I bought the bike.

I decided to bring my friend Jay (blue WR250R) along for the ride just so he could get an idea of the thrill that comes along with any group rides. We had a great time riding from THORCO to Lyons, but I noticed he kept making the mistake of trying to break through the pack so he could ride right next to me, instead of maintaining his position or at least staying staggered behind me. Unfortunately I kept my mouth shut, which was the biggest mistake I could have made.

Once we broke away our separate ways from lunch, I remember myself, my friend on the WR with bright green helmet, a guy on an orange and black ZR who led the way, and I think 48 more guys, two in from of me and two behind joining our group. I do not remember driving recklessly in the least but I was throwing my knees into some of the corners just for the fun of it. Then, once the road straightened out a little, I recall my friend on the WR passing me, which I found pretty rude because I was riding with the pack in front of 4 bikes and now he was essentially blocking me from doing so. I didn’t pass him immediately, and I was waiting for a nice curve where I knew I would be able to overtake him soon the inside (since during straightaways of lower speeds of, say less than 50mph, his bike fairly matched pretty fairly with mine and I couldn’t pass). I Remember coming upon a very sharp, I’d say 130 degree curve when I began to slow down and overtake him in the oncoming lane (as there plenty of room to see I wouldn’t end up on someone’s windshield); the last thing I remember was crossing back over the median in front of him and then waking up in a ditch. I’m guessing for some reason, despite how careful I had been, my rear wheel must have lost traction at the median, which maybe have been rumble stripped, causing me to low side.

If someone has a better, more accurate version of what happened, please let me know.

Summary of injuries include:

• Fractured Left Femoral
    • Fractured left Tibia
    • Multiple Transverse Process Fracture
    • (R T8-T10)
    • T9 Spinous Fracture
    • T11 Vertebral
    • T10 Burtst Fracture
    • Left Patella Fracture
    • Right Tribal Plateau Fracture
    • Pulmonary Contusions

All I have to say about this is, NOOBS like friend Jay need to learn to stay with other NOOBS when riding in group, or they put not only themselves but even experiences riders like myself at risk.
    I am Orange ZX. I am happy you survived that crash ! PM me if you need anything buddy.
    P.S.
    I am calling you "Immortal" from now on.
    2009 ZX10R Xxxx miles and counting
    2009 FZ6 10ooo miles ridden-sold

All I have to say about this is, NOOBS like friend Jay need to learn to stay with other NOOBS when riding in group, or they put not only themselves but even experiences riders like myself at risk.
    I am sooo happy to see your post.

I 100% agree with you on the NOOBS, as I am one of them. This is the whole reason I stayed in the back of the pack near the sweepers. I never passed anyone without them telling me I could pass them.

I will do group rides but not in the mountains. My plan is only go with a few bike and keep a safe distance.

Please keep in touch with the progress and if you need company, let me know. I will be happy to come up and sit with you for a while. I will PM you my Cell#.

Moe

2008 GSX650F
    2012 Azera, 2009 Santa Fe, 2002 300M,
    2001 Aurora Sold, 1966 Coronet 500 Sold, 1992 3000GT VR4 Sold, and many others sold

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

I decided to bring my friend Jay (blue WR250R) along for the ride just so he could get an idea of the thrill that comes along with any group rides. We had a great time riding from THORCO to Lyons, but I noticed he kept making the mistake of trying to break through the pack so he could ride right next to me, instead of maintaining his position or at least staying staggered behind me. Unfortunately I kept my mouth shut, which was the biggest mistake I could have made.
    This is accurate. I was on the blue 08 R1 usually at the WRs 4 o'clock when in the pack.

Glad you are functioning. Lots of hard rocks for you to bounce off of and your injury list is long, but it could've been sooooooo much worse.

Heal well.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

No offense but passing someone in a corner in the lane of oncoming traffic is a pretty noob maneuver.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    No offense but passing someone in a corner in the lane of oncoming traffic is a pretty noob maneuver.
    I didn't want to say it, but I agree 100%...especially waiting to pass till that turn just to show up your buddy (which obviously is illegal). Then I felt you are kind of blaming your buddy for the crash when you did this move yourself.

As Jmetz said, no offense man, just take it as a lesson and learn from it. I hope you heal up quick and get back on two wheels one day. We've all made stupid moves on a bike, so you are not alone.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

You are very luckee to be ALIVE.

And you are lucky to have a friend like Jay. I do believe he was with you at all times until they flew you out.

Yeah not to be a dick but if you don't see the mistake was yours (and from your account of things this seems to be the case) and not your friends, you're bound to repeat it. I hate to add insult to injury but your friend was not the problem in this outcome.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I didn't want to say it, but I agree 100%...especially waiting to pass till that turn just to show up your buddy (which obviously is illegal). Then I felt you are kind of blaming your buddy for the crash when you did this move yourself.

As Jmetz said, no offense man, just take it as a lesson and learn from it. I hope you heal up quick and get back on two wheels one day. We've all made stupid moves on a bike, so you are not alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    Yeah not to be a dick but if you don't see the mistake was yours (and from your account of things this seems to be the case) and not your friends, you're bound to repeat it. I hate to add insult to injury but your friend was not the problem in this outcome.
    1st and foremost, glad you are relatively ok. Considering where you landed this outcome could have been much much worse.

That said, cool canyon temps, lean angle, one of the more likely places for sand to be accumulated, and double yellow centerlines all add up to low side when crossing ridiculously slick road paint. Road paint is scary slick even in the best of temps.

You are lucky you didn't take anyone with you when you low sided. That is the scariest thing about group rides. You have to worry about the actions of others, not just your own, which is why I have a small group of preferred riding buddies that I know and trust to not put me at risk.

Glad you are still here to learn from this and I hope you heal quick.
    Last edited by JKOL; Thu Mar 7th, 2013 at 02:53 PM.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Glad you're good man, anything you need help with don't hesitate to ask and sorry if my earlier comments maybe got you riled up or anything. Didn't mean no disrespect by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    He doesn't always ride by himself but when he does he is alone
    LULZ!!
    - Jason
    Gixxer 600

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    You are very luckee to be ALIVE.

And you are lucky to have a friend like Jay. I do believe he was with you at all times until they flew you out.
    I agree, Jay was there with you the whole time. Poor kid saw you go down and was freaked out. He was doing the best he could to get you help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    I like how cornfed tries to get knee down going 70mph uphill

#2pro4me

#kneedowneverywhere
    And in blue jeans, none the less.

Glad to here your going to survive YamahaRider22. That was quite a scene.
    Last edited by Cornfed; Thu Mar 7th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Its not how fast you go, its how little you slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    And in blue jeans, none the less.

Glad to here your going to survive YamahaRider22. That was quite a scene.
    Fuckin hooligan

so very glad to hear you're alright man.

however I really can't help but shake my head a little at:
    {snip}I chose to pass a guy (my friend) who I didn't think belonged there and lost control of my bike. How dare he ride near me.{snip}

When I started reading the tone of the story, I thought it was going to end with a bad pass by the friend causing the crash. But crazy plot twist how the only relevance Jay had to the crash, was getting you help afterword.

Seriously though - very happy you've survived and now have the chance to grow up.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    so very glad to hear you're alright man.

however I really can't help but shake my head a little at:
    {snip}I chose to pass a guy (my friend) who I didn't think belonged there and lost control of my bike. How dare he ride near me.{snip}

When I started reading the tone of the story, I thought it was going to end with a bad pass by the friend causing the crash. But crazy plot twist how the only relevance Jay had to the crash, was getting you help afterword.

Seriously though - very happy you've survived and now have the chance to grow up.

Was nice meeting you and your wife man!

Was nice meeting you and your wife man!
    We rode together at the Dave Camp Memorial Ride. Fantastic rider, guy I knew very well from VFRWorld.com, and rode with a couple times before losing his life pushing it in the canyons. (FYI for any newcomers and yamarideryoungguy).
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

That's a long list of injuries and you've got some difficult rehab ahead of you. You have age on your side and should be able to fully recover, but your expectations should be years, not months. Like others have said, glad you are still around and good luck.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    We rode together at the Dave Camp Memorial Ride.
    Don't think we actually shook hands though.

Nope, you did. He and his girl were at our table.

Don't think we actually shook hands though.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by Samko View Post
    I am Orange ZX. I am happy you survived that crash ! PM me if you need anything buddy.
    P.S.
    I am calling you "Immortal" from now on.
    Hahaha I certainly won't contest that!
    2005 Ugly Blue (matching Silver coming this summer) NaKeD FZ6: Shatty headlight and ghetto rigged speedo mount (soon to be replaced with silver FZ16 headlight assembly), bar end and frame sliders, removed fairings, Two Brothers sreamin' full exhaust system, tidy license place holder/rear blinkers)

2007 Charcoal R6 (SOLD)!