Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow!!

Snow!!

First good snow storm of the year. About a foot at my house!

My Subaru Forester and WRX... sitting in the garage, because I'm an idiot and took the Beetle convertible to work. It's listed for sale and another mom/daughter wanted to check it out for a graduation gift.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Re: Snow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    Snow!!
    Yes, it's this strange white powdery flaky ice-cold substance. It's slippery too. Very very odd, I'm perplexed, afraid to step outside my door actually. I wonder if it's poisonous?...

'08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

To validate my decision to put all seasons on my WRX a few weeks back... I took it driving through my neighborhood which hasn't been plowed yet.

Driving THROUGH a foot of snow, not even bothering driving through the tracks, the WRX ponied right up the hill like it was nothing. Throw a plow on it and I'll plow the roads!

I felt like a mad man for yelling "Fuck you snow!" and laughing like a villian. Considering the Beetle did not fair as well.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Where do you live that there's that much snow?
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

about 4 inches here i was Driving around like a boss and everyone else was driving and screaming afraid of a lil snow

Went to an open lot to make some audi rings
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Looks like 6" or so on the west side.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Just got to work (470 and Lucent) after leaving my house (bowles and 470) at 5:45 and it's only about a 10 minute commute... as usual all the idiot cagers out there driving like a bunch of pussies and of course everyone slowpokes with 4wd on the left lane more than the right as usual... I got to work with an open employee lot and started sliding the maxima all over the lot at least something good about snow other than ridiculous drivers and traffic jams over a little water. Roads aren't even iced up surprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Just got to work (470 and Lucent) after leaving my house (bowles and 470) at 5:45 and it's only about a 10 minute commute... as usual all the idiot cagers out there driving like a bunch of pussies and of course everyone slowpokes with 4wd on the left lane more than the right as usual... I got to work with an open employee lot and started sliding the maxima all over the lot at least something good about snow other than ridiculous drivers and traffic jams over a little water. Roads aren't even iced up surprisingly.
    Same with me; in a 2wd sport car (with studded tires) and passing all the 4wd trucks that are going 5 mph in the left lane like this is the first snow they have ever seen. Slide in my parking lot for fun and onlookers looking at me like I am crazy. Little do they understand it is best to practice slides like that then to wait for a emergency and not know what to do.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

WTF is snow?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Same with me; in a 2wd sport car (with studded tires) and passing all the 4wd trucks that are going 5 mph in the left lane like this is the first snow they have ever seen. Slide in my parking lot for fun and onlookers looking at me like I am crazy. Little do they understand it is best to practice slides like that then to wait for a emergency and not know what to do.
    Yea I took it hooligan status and drove on the shoulder for about a mile passing people after ken caryl exit cause everyone was literally going 30 mph which is ridiculous for almost no snow at all... We used to go to this empty lot on Wadsworth and Mansfield to practice slides and emergency style situations with our cars and trucks man, it really honed up our snow driving skills. It gets you used to that slide the car has and then you know how and when to correct it without panicking like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    WTF is snow?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...C%93&term=snow

#7 explains it in detail

UCCS is all closed up today. We have around 6 or 7 inches in South-Eastern Colorado Springs. Most of it fell within 5 hours last night.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

Yea I took it hooligan status and drove on the shoulder for about a mile passing people after ken caryl exit cause everyone was literally going 30 mph which is ridiculous for almost no snow at all... We used to go to this empty lot on Wadsworth and Mansfield to practice slides and emergency style situations with our cars and trucks man, it really honed up our snow driving skills. It gets you used to that slide the car has and then you know how and when to correct it without panicking like an idiot.
    Exactly! You get comfortable in the situation so when it happens instincts just take over because you have practiced it before.

One day I'd love to get on that frozen lake going up I70 that I see people driving on

Exactly! You get comfortable in the situation so when it happens instincts just take over because you have practiced it before.

One day I'd love to get on that frozen lake going up I70 that I see people driving on
    No doubt dude, I think it's Georgetown where they do ice lake races? I think you have to own a 4WD car or truck to be able to do it.

No doubt dude, I think it's Georgetown where they do ice lake races? I think you have to own a 4WD car or truck to be able to do it.
    Yeah that is the place; always see WRX/STI with studded snow tires on there and lookes so much fun

5" in Aurora... Found an empty parking lot before dropping the lil one off at school. Always fun to hear a lil 10 year old screaming and laughing at the same time!!!
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    5" in Aurora... Found an empty parking lot before dropping the lil one off at school. Always fun to hear a lil 10 year old screaming and laughing at the same time!!!
    Nice....and you got the perfect car for it

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Can you adjust the 4wd split on those newer STi's?

Can you adjust the 4wd split on those newer STi's?
    Matty's car does it all!!! He even has a switch that transformers that STI into a talking robot

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    about 4 inches here i was Driving around like a boss and everyone else was driving and screaming afraid of a lil snow

Went to an open lot to make some audi rings
    Quattro is great, right up until your not so deep treaded tires decide to quit playing. Unscheduled trip to the dealer this morning to put her up on the rack and see what bent.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Workin' from home today, and hanging out with my Nolar Bear (daycare on delayed start). I'll probably head into the office here in a bit and drop him off, but no donuts for me in the 'Burban unless I do them in the actual parking lot of the gas station.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I have several empty lots that are tied together at the end of a shopping center up the street from my house. I always use it as a drifting course when it snows.

On a side note, I did have a girl in a mini cooper flip me off because she was waiting for someone to tell her it was ok to turn and I honked at her.
    Last edited by Jmetz; Thu Feb 21st, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

Matty's car does it all!!! He even has a switch that transformers that STI into a talking robot
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz View Post
    I have several empty lots that are tied together at the end of a shopping center up the street from my house. I always use it as a drifting course when it snows.

On a side note, I did have a girl in a mini cooper flip me off because she was waiting for someone to tell her it was ok to turn and I honked at her.
    oddly enough it was a mini cooper that was holding up traffic on 470 this morning

Minis are bad, but it's smart cars that really get me. I can't help but laugh out loud and point when I see them. I think I'd have to pull over if someone in a smart car ever flipped me off. I would not be able to keep it together enough to not laugh myself off the road.