Thread: Schwantz gets invite from Laguna

Schwantz gets invite from Laguna

This is pretty good. Great timing. Personal invite and bottle of wine included.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/...antzinvlag.htm
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Schwantz gets invite from Laguna

Bwahahaha! Fuck COTA..... I'd rather go to Laguna anyways, because I love the area, and it was a twice-yearly trip for us for years from the mid-'80's to '93. PUS the racce at COTA is SO much more expensive. My buddy checked into going for F1 and it was insane.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Hahah... WIN!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

May the Schwantz be with them!
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Bwahahaha! Fuck COTA..... I'd rather go to Laguna anyways, because I love the area, and it was a twice-yearly trip for us for years from the mid-'80's to '93. PUS the racce at COTA is SO much more expensive. My buddy checked into going for F1 and it was insane.
    MotoGP at COTA is real cheap compared to F1, if I still lived in Austin I would be going to the races but now that I am up here I will wait until the pricing for everything gets more realistic. A Holiday Inn Express in our old South Austin area shouldn't be over $300, I don't care what is going on, it is only a little about $200 for SXSW or ACL Fest.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    MotoGP at COTA is real cheap compared to F1, if I still lived in Austin I would be going to the races but now that I am up here I will wait until the pricing for everything gets more realistic. A Holiday Inn Express in our old South Austin area shouldn't be over $300, I don't care what is going on, it is only a little about $200 for SXSW or ACL Fest.
    Dood, I was getting motel 6 in Salina when I used to go to the GP races for maybe $60/night. It's probably a little more now, but I'm sure nothing like $300. Plus, I LOVE that track and the area, and while I like the COTA track, if I can only afford to go to 1 race a year, it'll be Laguna.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Dood, I was getting motel 6 in Salina when I used to go to the GP races for maybe $60/night. It's probably a little more now, but I'm sure nothing like $300. Plus, I LOVE that track and the area, and while I like the COTA track, if I can only afford to go to 1 race a year, it'll be Laguna.
    I don't blame you, we tried to go out there in 2005 for the race but I have no connections to California other than some family in Sacramento. We had planned on going out there that year because my aunt was in ill health (I had been out there for work in 2004), she passed away in May 2005 so we sold the tickets and camping passes that year. I lived in Austin for 9 years, my wife over 20 so we had planned on going back to visit friends and hit our favorite restaurants since closing on our house there last year. With hotel rates the way they are we have no interest, we have had people offer places to stay we prefer to be a little more "independent" so we are just waiting it out. That HI Express used to be by my office, it is usually around $100 a night during a normal period. I would expect a bumped but triple the average rate is just absurd....that and some experience with Epstein as a developer are reasons why we aren't going back for races. The day he sells out (which he will, he always cashes out after awhile) will be the best day for the facility.

Schwantz responds to COTA's PR missive....

Motorcycle-USA.com - Kevin Schwantz Responds to CotA Statement