Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you see "car" in the word "motorcycle"?

Do you see "car" in the word "motorcycle"?

At the my college they have a space 2 parking spots wide, only for motorcycles and has a sign in front of it that says "Motorcycle arking only". But when it snows, people in cages feel they can park there. Does this piss anyone else off?!

I was going to ride today but just decided not too. When I dorve up there was a car in the motorcycle parking. Why are people so ignorant?

I felt the need to cuss him/her out on a piece of paper butI spared them and just left a note detailing this is MOTORCYCLE parking. Not car parking and that he/she isnt above the rest of us to park here.

rant\
    06 GSXR 750

Re: Do you see "car" in the word "motorcycle"?

that is nice of you to leave a civilized letter. but personally to me no harm no foul. I park in car spots all the time here at work. sometimes it happens here due to contractors and visitors and some rider will report it. Bldg mngt will get on the bldg intercom and request the people to remove their cars from the motorcycle slots.

only thing i really like is that as a rider i can ride in hov lanes.

The flip side.. someone can cuss you out for parking in a car space. Goes both ways.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

theres a concrete slab in my work parking lot thats big enough for a handful of bikes to be in comfortably, it has a bicycle rack in it and a table off to the side as well. its where all the bikes park although its not labeled as such but regardless of the weather, douchebag Crocs employees will park cars there. my coworker had his bike fall on the asphalt last summer when it got hot even so we always try to get there first.

Fuck anyone that would complain about parking a bike in a car spot, unless there are some blaring wide-open cycle-only spots close by. Otherwise all car spots are fair game.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Down here at UCCS, they have motorcycle specific parking. But only enough for about 25 bikes at most, literally. And you get ticketed for parking in car spots. Drano will agree with me that the whole parking situation here is bull I'm sure.
    Have owned: '01 Volusia
    Currently own: '05 Z750S

We've paid our fair share of parking tickets at UCCS and that's with buying a parking pass.
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    The flip side.. someone can cuss you out for parking in a car space. Goes both ways.
    If there's motorcycle parking.. I'll park there since most riders will respect each other's ride, unlike some people in cars. Unless there's a car in the motorcycle parking, then I go park in a car's spot.. It doesn't go both ways. lol.

There's a sign. "Motorcycle parking only".. If theres no specific parking for motos, you park in a normal spot.
    06 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Fuck anyone that would complain about parking a bike in a car spot, unless there are some blaring wide-open cycle-only spots close by. Otherwise all car spots are fair game.
    There is an art to parking in car spots with a motorcycle... I have always hated when bikes park all the way forward in the spot. So when you are driving by and you think the spot is open and you start to swing wide and park, then you realize there is a bike that pulled all the way forward.

Not too far forward and in the center is the key. Unless you are trying to leave room for more bikes.
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Senior Member Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    Down here at UCCS, they have motorcycle specific parking. But only enough for about 25 bikes at most, literally. And you get ticketed for parking in car spots. Drano will agree with me that the whole parking situation here is bull I'm sure.
    It kind of depends on the building. In front of the library is a joke. Centennial Hall has a couple areas out front. Both Dwire and the Engineering building have motorcycle parking areas at the back. The parking garage has 3 parking areas. Those are the ones that I have personally used. I'm pretty sure there are more but they are so remote that I'd never use them.

I do remember getting ticketed once because the stupid parking attendant was too lazy to check my fork for the parking pass. Other than that, if I have the choice, I'll ride to school rather than drive. Depending on the time of day, finding parking in a car is a royal pain.

You said when it snows, cars park in the motorcycle only parking, just how many bikes do you see needing a place to park when it snows? Not worth getting pissed off about if you ask me.

Jason
    07 600RR
    07 Speed Triple -[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)] [/COLOR]GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN[COLOR=rgb(255,0,0)][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    There is an art to parking in car spots with a motorcycle... I have always hated when bikes park all the way forward in the spot. Not too far forward and in the center is the key. Unless you are trying to leave room for more bikes.
    Yep, unless I'm parking tandem with another bike, I park where passers by can see the spot is taken before they're on top of my bike, and also leave room on either side so that people have room to not even touch my bike when they're getting in/out (especially parents with strollers).
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I just park in the handicap zebra lines.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    I just park in the handicap zebra lines.
    Never got a ticket? Sometimes I use to park up on the sidewalk against the building in front of large stores like you see bikes do. Never got a ticket or hassled, and way safer than out in the lot with all the idiots.

I don't get the big deal if they only park there when it snows. Do you really ride your motorcycle in the snow?

Any other time I'd be annoyed though....
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ph03niX View Post
    I felt the need to cuss him/her out on a piece of paper butI spared them and just left a note detailing this is MOTORCYCLE parking. Not car parking and that he/she isnt above the rest of us to park here.

rant\
    Carry some shoe polish in your bag, then next time someone does it, write in big letters on their windshield.... MOTORCYCLE PARKING ONLY. That'll get their attention.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Carry some shoe polish in your bag, then next time someone does it, write in big letters on their windshield.... MOTORCYCLE PARKING ONLY. That'll get their attention.
    But then be prepared to throw down! Someone wrote on my car I'd be pissed. Just saying.....

So better yet, if you feel that strongly about it be a man and wait for them and confront the person and don't do a bitch move and mess with the car

I understand where you are coming from. Our building has covered parking, and there are 3 fully converted cart spots that is now motorcycle only parking. There is a sign up and everything. When it's been snowing, or snow on the ground we will park there, and a few times someone has parked in one of them when they shouldn't but an email from HR put an end to it. I would get pissed if the spot was taken and I had no where to park.

I would put a note on the car or something like that.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    But then be prepared to throw down! Someone wrote on my car I'd be pissed. Just saying.....
    I'm coming over.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I'm coming over.
    Well there are some crazy people in this world, so you never know

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

At the my college they have a space 2 parking spots wide, only for motorcycles and has a sign in front of it that says "Motorcycle arking only". But when it snows, people in cages feel they can park there. Does this piss anyone else off?!

I was going to ride today but just decided not too. When I dorve up there was a car in the motorcycle parking. Why are people so ignorant?

rant\
    Should have dropped a deuce on his hood.....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Should have dropped a deuce on his hood.....
    lol wooooow xD.

Well when its snowing, Im not riding. But on days like we've had this past week where the roads are dry but its still snowy/cold, sometimes i/people will ride. That's when It pissed me off..

Just sayin xD.
    06 GSXR 750

lol wooooow xD.

Well when its snowing, Im not riding. But on days like we've had this past week where the roads are dry but its still snowy/cold, sometimes i/people will ride. That's when It pissed me off..

Just sayin xD.
    No I agree with you then. On days it is obvious nobody would ride a motorcycle in I could understand but if they are still doing it, it is mostly just laziness and would be annoying too. Normally I call anyone lazy that complains about a parking space, but since it is a motorcycle I understand since I see way to many people almost hit them when parked in car spots

rest of week ,,,supposedly to be grt...planning on riding to wk...and i always take a car slot....the motorbike slots here are under pine trees..