Thread: Hello Southners

Hello Southners

Or is it southeners? Hmm...
    But my point is this: Pueblo has a damn-fun track that's affordable and, well...damn fun. Easy to get on as there are plenty of lapping days (see the website pueblomotorsportspark.us for the 2013 schedule and bike requirements) and it is rarely crowded.
    If you've grown up around big-city tracks with lapping days few and far between, expensive, uptight and over-crowded...Pueblo is a step back in time. It's a chance to really enjoy your bike, improve your riding, recharge your life...all for only $150 a day.
    I have been asked to run the monthly Track Orientation days...and I said "yes" because we need to keep Pueblo (and Pikes Peak and High Plains and IMI) in business. If I can help some riders learn and enjoy this sport even more, motorcycling grows and tracks stay open for those of us hooked on the two-wheeled purity only a racetrack can provide.
    The next Track Orientation day is this Friday, May 3. Come out and ride, or come out and say hello and bring your questions. I'll be on a red Yamaha FZ1...with a big smile because there's nothing better than a track day.

-Nick Ienatsch
    fastersafer.com
    Yamaha Champions Riding School

Re: Hello Southners

Thanks! That is so full of win.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I will be out there this Friday!

I think I am going to trade my 250 in for a snowmobile. What are the rules on those?

The weather should be clear, but not too warm it looks like. Who is still heading down to PMP tomorrow?

I'll be there bright and early. Well...early.

And my buddy Louis is coming down from Denver with his R1.

Can you go through what exactly we need to get on the track and ride?

I assume we need antifreeze exchanged with distilled water, mirrors and lamps taped over, but anything else?

Also, what does the rider need in terms of gear and certifications?

I'm very interested in attending one, but need to find out what I need to do first.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Wish I could make it.

BUMP IT!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I wish I could make it but work is getting in the way... again.

If only there were jobs where you could get paid to ride bikes all the time... hmmm

-Larry
    09 Kawasaki ZX-14 (Touring)
    09 Honda CBR1000RR

(86 FZ750, 93 DR250, 01 RC51, 01 MV F4, 03 R6, 05 FZ1, 06 CBR1000RR, 07 GSXR750, 08 Ninja 250, 09 KLR650, 09 Dorsoduro)

Senior Member Moderator

Nick, is it $150.00 for the track orientation or does it cost more?

It's 250 for the class then afterwards you get to lap the rest of the day
    Last edited by One-ops; Thu May 2nd, 2013 at 08:53 PM.

Rolling down there right now!!!

Man im beat again. Had alot of fun today riding. There were only 4 bikes today. The weather was awesome in pueblo.

Watch out guys, Nick L is pretty quick on that FZ1. Again Nick, thanks for supporting PMP raceway and helping/coaching us riders today.
    06 Daytona 675 race
    01 red R6 #10
    86 FJ1200 #10
    06 MV Brutale 910s
    06 Honda CRF450r
    01 Yamaha YZ125
    64 Ducati 250

Yep, that was a fun day. Great riding with you John, love how that Triumph sounds.

FYI...the final corner onto the dragstrip has had lots of attention lately...as the sun warmed up the rubber and traction compound that's been laid down...and once my tires were warm...I could run full pace and an ideal exit line with no grip problems. When the ground or tires were cold, it was a bit slippery...but once warm, no problems.

One-ops, good to meet you and your family...hope to see your dad and his buds at the May 27 military day!! NI

Pops will get some guys to go and I hope he gets out there I'm pushin that he does lol.
    The transition from the concrete to the dragstrip vht is weird and after watching you do it a few times from standing at ten it even sounds weird lol but after doing it was fine and stuck hard on the throttle. It was a little slippy in the first sessions but it looked like it was dirty think the wind blows dirt and it sticks to the vht and it may not like to be cold. Easy to deal with though no a big issue imo.

No videos?
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

Quote Originally Posted by Nick I View Post
    FYI...the final corner onto the dragstrip has had lots of attention lately...as the sun warmed up the rubber and traction compound that's been laid down...and once my tires were warm...I could run full pace and an ideal exit line with no grip problems. When the ground or tires were cold, it was a bit slippery...but once warm, no problems.
    Nick - that corner has always been a nasty one for us racers, and especially after a Friday night of drags in which they tear up the pavement/concrete transition pretty good. Even with fresh pavement put down last year, and in 115F degree heat, that corner can feel slicker than snot if you don't get the right line.
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Tue May 7th, 2013 at 08:25 AM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Good info, thanks. Last Friday was perfect weather...low 70s and bright sun...so maybe that's the window where all the rubber/htc/cement and tires work?? And I don't think they'd dragraced lately.

So...maybe this final corner needs to be "reassessed" every lapping day?? So, um, forget what I said about it being good to go!!! Each day will probably be different....sounds like fun!