Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Target fixation - video - they all go down

Target fixation - video - they all go down

http://youtu.be/dNFaAqS2f18

Coming out of the famous turn in Mulholland, rider fixates on bicyclists. Bad news.
    Steve Clark
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer
    My Bike Blog

Re: Target fixation - video - they all go down

Wow... ouch!
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

He did he not scan ahead, went into the corner too fast for his abilities, didn't lean hard enough, swung out wide, went into the dirt, put his left foot down, then hit the cyclists.

When I'm on a mountain road with tight switchbacks (like the ones on Lookout Mountain in Golden) I always go into the corners ridiculously slow, then I smoothly accelerate out of the corner and line up for the next one. I don't look cool at all, (in fact, I probably look like a grandpa) but I've never gone into the dirt or oncoming lane.

im going to make the quick assumption that hes a new rider.......good thing he wasn't going faster ....and yea target fixation at its finest there....

im almost tempted to say he didnt even see them....i mean he didnt even brake till he was pretty much hittin the guy haha

looks like everyone came out ok though which is a plus
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left that I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."

RIDES:
    2011 GSXR 750(track)

2007 GSXR 600(street)stolen

2005 GSXR 600(track)

2005 Honda 600rr(track)

a part of hell where its always warm and the roads are to die for

All be the one to say it , you know he just did what we all wanted to do damn peddle bikers

DAMN!!
    Current bike: 2005.5 KTM 950 Adventure (63k miles)
    Previous Bikes: 2010 KTM 690 Enduro R / 2009 BMW F800GS / 2010 Triumph Daytona / 2007 GSXR 750 / 2004 CRF450 Sumo / Yamaha Secca II

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post
    He did he not scan ahead, went into the corner too fast for his abilities, didn't lean hard enough, swung out wide, went into the dirt, put his left foot down, then hit the cyclists.

When I'm on a mountain road with tight switchbacks (like the ones on Lookout Mountain in Golden) I always go into the corners ridiculously slow, then I smoothly accelerate out of the corner and line up for the next one. I don't look cool at all, (in fact, I probably look like a grandpa) but I've never gone into the dirt or oncoming lane.
    I second that. I not only look like a grandpa but I am a grandpa.

2008 GSX650F
    2012 Azera, 2009 Santa Fe, 2002 300M,
    2001 Aurora Sold, 1966 Coronet 500 Sold, 1992 3000GT VR4 Sold, and many others sold

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by Zanatos View Post

I'd agree with your assessment. The guy definately isn't much of a rider.

As far as the bicyclist, man, did you see how that guy "flopped" after the hit in his best NBA imitation? Ok, so, getting hit like that sucks, and he was where he was supposed to be (off by the white line), but the motorcyclist wasn't going very fast at all, and it wasn't like he was even really injured. He walked off with what looked like a couple small rasberries. Geez....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Dude... Frank... The bicyclist in the white top got fully cleaned out and blindsided by the motorcycle and the rider. Watch his head and neck hit the pavement as his body contorts around the impact. Look at the point in space when the "biker" hits him and where he actually lands back to the pavement, he must have covered nearly 35/40 feet!!

If you're really... genuinely.. calling that guy a flop-artist, you might actually be senile and should consider your alternatives. And I say that with love.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Gotta watch out for thos SV's!! Glad those guys are ok. It could have been MUCH worse.
    Erich-
    2004 SV650S - 8K miles - SOLD
    2003 SV1000S - 15K miles - My new love!

Is everyone missing the girl on the left with the low sweats?

2008 GSX650F
    2012 Azera, 2009 Santa Fe, 2002 300M,
    2001 Aurora Sold, 1966 Coronet 500 Sold, 1992 3000GT VR4 Sold, and many others sold

Quote Originally Posted by moep View Post
    I am laughing...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Dude... Frank... The bicyclist in the white top got fully cleaned out and blindsided by the motorcycle and the rider. Watch his head and neck hit the pavement as his body contorts around the impact. Look at the point in space when the "biker" hits him and where he actually lands back to the pavement, he must have covered nearly 35/40 feet!!

If you're really... genuinely.. calling that guy a flop-artist, you might actually be senile and should consider your alternatives. And I say that with love.
    Yeah, he got hit from behind, but the 30' he covered was in the rider's lap. It wasn't like he got hit so hard he flew that far. The guy wasn't going that fast, and ended up getting up just fine. The rider took almost as big an impact as the guy did, if you look at it frame-by-frame in the slo-mo, and he got up just fine. And the gear really didn't make a difference in that because he didn't slide, it was an impact. The neck thing was worrying, but luckily his helmet hit. Not saying it didn't totally suck and it was certainly the dumbass riders fault, but when the guy got up, everything was alright. I've seen people get hit much harder than that. So, maybe he's a flop-amateur instead of a flop-artist!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Did NOT miss that one.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

I think I've seen her in a handful of rnickeymouse's vids. She's hard to miss, always shooting the camera, always showing a little skin.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Bwahahaha!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

And, actually, after watching a bunch of crashes on Mulholland Dr. on Youtube that are "suggestions", this is why I avoid these roads like the plaque. Also why I am very careful divulging my favorite roads.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    ...Not saying it didn't totally suck and it was certainly the dumbass riders fault, but when the guy got up, everything was alright. I've seen people get hit much harder than that. So, maybe he's a flop-amateur instead of a flop-artist!
    When we were younger, my brother tumbled over a left turning car's hood when we were cyclists. Yes he got up and got over to the side of the road. But after a visit to the hospital the verdict was a cracked vertebra, & torn muscles - some of which continues to periodically flare up decades later. So don't assume someone is ok just cause they didn't break bones or bleed out.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    And, actually, after watching a bunch of crashes on Mulholland Dr. on Youtube that are "suggestions", this is why I avoid these roads like the plaque. Also why I am very careful divulging my favorite roads.
    You know, I wonder if somehow photographers are in part influencing some of the accidents at this particular corner. I mean, guys like Rnickymouse and Killboy station themselves at in places well known by the riding community. You have to think by the crash footage posted on line, that some riders must go into the corner harder than usual, to perhaps get a hero shot of themselves. I mean, what if I or Wicky stationed ourself on one of the corners on 7. Would some riders, especially noobs, want to wave or at least give me the "you're #1" sign? That liability in itself is why I'll stick to shooting at the track; riders there aren't showing off for the camera (well except for the cool down lap).
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

[QUOTE=asp_125;732021]When we were younger, my brother tumbled over a left turning car's hood when we were cyclists. Yes he got up and got over to the side of the road. But after a visit to the hospital the verdict was a cracked vertebra, & torn muscles - some of which continues to periodically flare up decades later. So don't assume someone is ok just cause they didn't break bones or bleed out.
    True enough. But in looking at it frame by frame the bicyclist's seat was high enough that the handlebars didn't hit him in the spine, and he ended up in the rider's lap, which pulled his hands off the bars, reducing the g-load, and equalizing it between the rider and the bicyclist. This is why they ended up in the same spot on the road, the rider took a deccelleration load, and the bicyclist took an accelleration load, basically identical. The mass of the bike and the throttle opening is why the bike ended up maybe 20' ahead. That was a pretty slow corner, and thus lower impact. I saw some other vids there where bikers hit that guard rail (straight in the ribcage!), and got up ok. now, if that'd been a recumbent bicycle and the guy got hit in the back of the head with the bike's front wheel or forks, NOW it's a bad impact with a solid object (with way more mass/energy/momentum), vs. the far more cushy impact of a fellow human.

You know, I wonder if somehow photographers are in part influencing some of the accidents at this particular corner. I mean, guys like Rnickymouse and Killboy station themselves at in places well known by the riding community. You have to think by the crash footage posted on line, that some riders must go into the corner harder than usual, to perhaps get a hero shot of themselves. I mean, what if I or Wicky stationed ourself on one of the corners on 7. Would some riders, especially noobs, want to wave or at least give me the "you're #1" sign? That liability in itself is why I'll stick to shooting at the track; riders there aren't showing off for the camera (well except for the cool down lap).
    I had that EXACT same thought. An old friend of mine, who back in the day was known for crashing into all sorts of shit, ran into the side of a hill (soft sand/dirt, thankfully) because we were set up with a camera there and he was tryin' to hot-dog it. It would probably be best if those guys HID while taking pics, so as not to distract the riders or egg them on to feats of stupidity. Funny, in a bunch of those vids where there are cool cars, you can see Jay Leno cruising some of his awesome collectables![/QUOTE]

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

ok i know its not funny...but i just keep laughin when i see the bicyclist hit the ground in slow mo....his head and legs....i need help
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left that I could say, "I used everything that you gave me."

RIDES:
    2011 GSXR 750(track)

2007 GSXR 600(street)stolen

2005 GSXR 600(track)

2005 Honda 600rr(track)

Looks like the bicyclist had, as I suspected, no broken bones or any major injury. Good deal.

Hope that tool on the M/C gets a big ticket for it.

http://news.sky.com/story/1084820/ca...s-two-cyclists

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

This would suck.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Seems rnickymouse has his own youtube channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/rnickeymouse

The backwards compilation is cool.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Gotta love this Hardley ass-clown....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxU_lYBHpY

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian