Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New track proposal for Denver

Re: New track proposal for Denver

HPR might be great to ride but it SUCKS ASS for spectating. I'm just sayin'...
    Disclaimer: If I post a link, assume it's NSFW.
    Bike: 2009 FZ-1 "The Hematoma"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    Unless you're corner working.

The new turn 4 bleachers improved things somewhat.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by Radek View Post
    HPR riding experience is better then Buttonwillow , Willow Springs , Street's of Willow ,Pahrump ,Las Vegas Speedway and Infineon(Sears Point) .
    I agree re Las Vegas Speedway. I was just there and the road race course is out in the parking lot and not too impressive.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Most road courses that are used for club racing that get spectators close to the action have walls close to the racing surface to protect said spectators, not the racers. National level tracks have huge bleachers that come with a equally huge price tag. Most also have walls within distance that is reachable from crashing bike riders.
    When a track has elevation changes it makes it even harder to spectate. I guess if HPR was flat it would better to watch races there. Then us racers would bitch because it was flat.
    No doubt about the future, No regrets about the past!

I think there is a place for a small bleacher over the hill.

There is a spectator area outside of turn 4 with two small bleachers and a decent amout a vehicle parking. About 70% of the full course can be seen from there.

It's better than Road America! And that track is awesome.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

New viewing area in 4!!!! Thats fanfrackintastic!!! Much needed yeah but all will come with time. Racer made doesn't happen overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by One-ops View Post
    New viewing area in 4!!!! Thats fanfrackintastic!!! Much needed yeah but all will come with time. Racer made doesn't happen overnight.
    New for 2012 it was

Spectators must be protected from the vehicles on track, and there are only two ways to accomplish that:

1) Barriers
    2) Distance

Since barriers endanger the competitors, we chose the latter.

I'm not saying that we don't care about spectators, but the fact is that the HPR business model (as any amateur track) is based on being supported by the revenue of the participants, not the spectators. The track itself doesn't even charge spectators (the clubs who rent the track have the option of charging spectators, some do and some don't).

Professional venues must place a priority on getting spectators to come watch (and pay to do so) so they are forced to get viewing areas closer to the track and then put barriers in place. Just this morning I was watching the MOTO2 race from last weekend and saw a rider highside and then slide into an unprotected concrete barrier. It was a glancing blow and the rider walked away, but still.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Does HPR own the land west of T6 T7? Across the gully would be a great spot to watch the action on the back side of the circuit. But then you'd run the expense of control fencing and trailblazing to get out there.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Does HPR own the land west of T6 T7? Across the gully would be a great spot to watch the action on the back side of the circuit. But then you'd run the expense of control fencing and trailblazing to get out there.
    It does but you can see most of that from turn four area.

All I can say, is that cornerworkers have the best seats in the house. (free plug for MRA)
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

agreed on the corner worker part, can't go wrong with trackside view of all racers and all action!
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    There is a spectator area outside of turn 4 with two small bleachers and a decent amout a vehicle parking. About 70% of the full course can be seen from there.
    It's been a while since I was out there. Too frustrating to miss all the passing beyond turn 3...

I'll give it another chance.

i agree that a big track like Miller's would be a cool thing but, as stated before track days are few and generally a sponsered deal that ends up raising the cost
    HPR offers the chance to affordably learn how to ride in a very safe, challinging situation
    because of its low overhead, a full track day costs less than a speeding/reckless operation ticket
    its too bad it is so far from me here in the mountains but,as stated before, the price of real estate in the hills makes that imposible here
    i am really happy that HPR keeps track riding withen reach, for us weekend warriers
    anothertrack, great, affordable? prolly not

It's been a while since I was out there. Too frustrating to miss all the passing beyond turn 3...

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you some free tickets for the MRA.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Fumet5uNo View Post
    I just like green trees, grass, stuff Colorado isn't known for , but I'm a picky SOB
    Figured I'd point this out since no one else seems to have hit on it.

I love trees. I love the Colorado mountains and seeing miles and miles of forest. Some of the most beautiful places in the USA are within a couple hours drive.

But when I crash a motorcycle, I don't want to be anywhere near trees, cliffs, or boulders. I want to go sliding on the pavement into the field, then get up, to find my bike and do it all over again. For the poor guy who slid into a tree, this isn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by hcr25 View Post
    PM me your mailing address and I'll send you some free tickets for the MRA.
    Mike
    Problem solved seems to me!
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Most of "us" are in the camp of if you build it we will come. We just want a place to play that is safe, well maintained, has a decent set of garages, adequate timing/scoring buildings, and clean washrooms and showers. If there's good food and shade that's a bonus. The kinds of facility that HPR PMP PPIR are providing.

At the club level, anything more like bleachers and clubhouses are sitting empty most of the year, yet still require money to build and maintain, and adds nothing for the racers. Come to an event and see who the spectators are? Family, friends, and a few curious people who happened to see an MRA flyer. No track can stay in business with gate receipts at the club level. You'd have to be a Larry H Miller and book Pro events to fill seats, and then there'd be grumbling from club guys about not enough track time for amateurs and too expensive to play.

Yes PMP could use a lot more shade, and who wouldn't like enclosed air-conditioned garages. But things like grass, trees, grandstands are all spectator biased improvements that just add to the cost of club racers.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

How are the new tar snakes doing at HPR? In particular turn 6. I had a ton of movement at the last open lapping day. I also watched the turn 1 tar almost get quite a few people if they had to run wide.

Have they dried up or improved grip at all?

Erico Motorsports had a lapping day on Monday. It was rainy off and on throughout the day. No one mentioned anything to me besides how much fun they were having. Zero crashes and only one guy rode off the track in turn 11.

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    How are the new tar snakes doing at HPR? In particular turn 6. I had a ton of movement at the last open lapping day. I also watched the turn 1 tar almost get quite a few people if they had to run wide.

Have they dried up or improved grip at all?
    Gone, they repaved it like it should have been done in the first place...

MRA Racer No.427

Thanks Mike, I look forward to being out there again

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Gone, they repaved it like it should have been done in the first place...
    You mean the tar snakes that were new (to me at least) about 3 weeks ago? That would mean it's been repaved between the last MRA round(5/12/'13) and today. you might be thinking of old ones