Thread: Relaxing Ride To The Shop

Relaxing Ride To The Shop

Point Taken
    Passing or Overtaking: Passing or overtaking a vehicle in the same lane is Illegal in Colorado; no lane sharing or splitting with cars. However, motorcycles can share a lane or "co-ride" with one other motorcycle.
    :-p Won't do it just used to it second day having bike here.. My bad for being a jackass on the road.. Just how you ride in kansas and in cali.
    Last edited by zukeru; Tue Aug 13th, 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Re: Relaxing Ride To The Shop

Maybe you should brush up on CO traffic laws before riding like an ass and posting it on the internet.

Also, if I wanted to video of your keys, you could have just put them on the table and pointed the gopro at them.

Point Taken
    Passing or Overtaking: Passing or overtaking a vehicle in the same lane is Illegal in Colorado; no lane sharing or splitting with cars. However, motorcycles can share a lane or "co-ride" with one other motorcycle.
    :-p Won't do it just used to it second day having bike here.. My bad for being a jackass on the road.. Just how you ride in kansas and in cali.

and as for the camera it was my first shot so I had no idea where it was pointing from where I mounted it. I have a helmet mount but my stuff hasnt been delivered yet so I have a spare helmet I'm using. I just moved here like a week ago. I only ride like that when it's legal I guess I could have looked the laws up before that but I have been busy and ive only had this bike for two or three days now I dont even remember.. I like to keep all my riding mostly legal except speed sometimes.. Keeps cost down.

Ummmm... Thanx for sharing.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Dood u ride ur ride. Just remember not all motorcyclist are cool.

Welcome to the CSC. We are all perfect

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Dood u ride ur ride. Just remember not all motorcyclist are cool.
    You saying I'm not cool?

Maybe not as cool as this guy

Lane splitting in a state where drivers aren't looking for it is just asking for trouble.

Right said Fred gone rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by mdub View Post
    Right said Fred gone rogue.
    Haha...

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by zukeru View Post
    Point Taken
    I also just moved to Colorado a few months ago and so far it seems most riders are very conservative here (a good thing). I'm doing my best to try to modify my riding style to fit in with the locals, as I do everywhere I ride.

I get what you're saying though about there being a different status quo depending on where you are riding. As far as I'm concerned, wheelies, stoppies, high speed runs, dragging knee, passing in double yellows, lane splitting, etc. are all the same. They are varying levels of illegal and dangerous depending on where you are doing these things.

For instance, in Florida high speed runs across bridges where nobody can pull out in front of you are very common, wheelies and stoppies are common, lane splitting is illegal but still common in heavy traffic, especially when it's 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity, etc. I never saw a sport bike wait for two hours to get across the bridge to Clearwater Beach in spring break traffic in the eight years I lived there. They ALL lane split even though it's illegal.

Here in Colorado, I think I've seen one wheelie in six months, probably because everyone is down on power with the altitude? I have yet to see anyone do a high speed run, probably because there aren't any safe... well safer places to do so. And I have yet to see anyone lane split. I have seen tons of hard cornering and passing in double yellow though, so it seems those two are the acceptable dangerous activities here in Colorado?

In any case, all I'm trying to say is that the environment has a lot to do with what is considered socially acceptable riding and when in Rome, try to do as the Romans do. I'm thinking about gearing my bike to get some low end power back now that I know my days of doing 180 across the bridges are over.

I guess I missed the key video? Don't let these guys act like they don't pass cars on a single lane.....

Where you from in Kansas/Cali? I was born in Cali and lived in Kansas for a long time.

There's plenty of us here that have no problem lofting up the front wheel.... There's always a time and place my friend!!!

And the lack of power from altitude doesn't make doing wheelies that much harder.

As for high speed straight away runs, why bother. Not much skill involved.

And people can't drive in this state so lane splitting is a pretty risky move out here.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

It's fairly easy to lane split here, depending on where you're riding. Is it smart? HELL NO

As SlowPoke mentioned above -"wheelies, stoppies, high speed runs, dragging knee, passing in double yellows, lane splitting, etc. are all the same. They are varying levels of illegal and dangerous depending on where you are doing these things." Oh, and let's not forget speeding! I've seen all of these happen in person, minus the high speed runs, but those happen on occasion as we hear about them on the news. So if you've done any of these, please get off your high horse now before you flame someone on the board for doing it

No speeding here.... That trooper was just admiring the bikes. With ugly eyes.

You are only cool around here if you lane bash and ride 140 with your balls out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim2.0 View Post
    You are only cool around here if you lane bash and ride 140 with your balls out.
    I usually keep my balls completely covered while riding. Too many rocks and bugs.

Maybe when I get my balls back from the ex I can be cool again.
    Till then maybe my pecker flailing around will make it bigger.

lol I just don't want to burn bridges and I lived in overland park in kansas, and i didn't technically live in cali i lived in vegas but I was in cali all the time lol.. the beach is the shit. Anyways Colorado is a bit different. I'll just not lane split at higher speeds if its rush hour im going between

funneling in japan is the shit, wish we had it here
    ~Scott #119

Quote Originally Posted by sag View Post
    funneling in japan is the shit, wish we had it here
    Prees to exprain.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Prees to exprain.
    I think it means
    There is a painted box at each intersection, so at a red light bikes/scooters can funnel to the front into the box and be ahead of traffic.
    2013 zx6r
    MRA Novice #407
    Race like a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
    I think it means
    There is a painted box at each intersection, so at a red light bikes/scooters can funnel to the front into the box and be ahead of traffic.
    Filtering happens in big cities like WDC and NYC out east, just not here unfortunately. Been tempted to try it though.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...