Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket levers

Aftermarket levers

There seem to be a LOT of aftermarket lever companies out there since I last was shopping for them.

Chime in on your experience with any of the brands below. Or recommend a brand that isn't on there.

ASV C5 Unbreakables
    ASV F3's
    PSR Levers
    Pazzo Racing (had a set a LONG time ago. Don't remember them)
    CRG Roll-a-click
    Vortex racing levers (felt cheap. They were on my race bike)
    Braking levers

FP Racing?
    Ebay knockoffs?

Re: Aftermarket levers

I have Pazzo and think they are great. We sell ASV and CRG and have no negative feedback but to be honest all that means is they are not terrible. I have no personal experience but have heard plenty of comments that the Chinese knockoffs on eBay are absolute junk

I've run the Pazzos on my street bikes and race bike. I loved them. I've heard good things about the ASV and CRG levers, but the Pazzos have been so good, I've never gone with anything else.

i got the Crg that fold up if the bike tips, have not had to see if they work but i have no complaints on them

I know the distance is a bit different from brand to brand my friend has same bike one year older and Asv C5 and they just dont match as well with my fingers, not horrible feeling bet i could get use to it
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

I have the CRG's. Work just fine no complaints.
    Aprilia RSV Mille R

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

I'll be picking up some FP lever's based on this thread:
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ighlight=lever

ive had crgs, pazzos, and asvs now. loved them all and dont really have a preference. if you spend the money i think you will be happy with whatever brand you choose. the ebay ones are no doubt jankier, less comfortable, and the finishes wear off pretty quickly.
    ~Scott #119

I have always run the ASVs. Id say that the C5s and F3s function similar. Different material but the F3s came with a 3 year warranty. I liked the 3s for what I paid this last time.

They also have a new C6 thats for offroad bikes so if there is an application that will fit give those a check.

Cant beat the look of the ASVs!
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Picked up a pair of Chinese eBay levers for the Hyper. They look and feel just like the CRG/Pazzo.

only paid like $30.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Picked up a pair of Chinese eBay levers for the Hyper. They look and feel just like the CRG/Pazzo.

only paid like $30.
    Link to the vendor on ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    Link to the vendor on ebay?

motofairings2009
    Last edited by Matty; Tue Aug 20th, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Think we just had a thread about this last week...

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post

My tactical levers broke after a crash and they replaced all the internals with the newly designed parts they are coming out with, for free. Great guys to work with. Even got a new color for the adjusters!

Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I prefer Rizoma and Lightech.

The ebay ones will fade in the sun, without question. Some colors worse than others.
    I bought a couple sets for the 250 race bike. They broke easily when the bike tipped over. but for the same price as normal aftermarket levers they are a good deal.
    Beware though, some have reported the brake levers caused the brakes to drag due to poor fitment. Overheated front brake is not desirable, use with caution.
    I have some gold CRG's that have lasted years and still look great. You do kinda get what you pay for with levers.

Everyone on vfrworld.com who's bought the china levers has been happy. I've had mine for 2yrs and count be happier. No brake drag nor color fade. Was $40 shipped to my door. I work in machining and manufacturing and would rate the quality of the levers I received as quite good.

The higher priced US levers will usually have a bushing at the pivot bolt and the china levers I received did not. But in two years and 10,000 miles, I've noticed no wear and would have to wear out 3 sets before losing money on the cheapies.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter

I got a lever you can buy...
    2015 R1200GS
    03 & 11 XR-50 pit bike
    07 & 08 DRZ 400SM
    06 FJR 1300
    70 SL 350
    75 MT 250

FP Racing levers

Any of you come across this with FP Racing (or any other brand) levers? I was doing some work on Ann's Triple the other day and noticed that the roller bearings that contact the brake master and the clutch adjuster were both split. So instead of an "O" they were now "C"s, and when I tried to turn them the tiny ball bearings fell out.

FP will rebuild them if I pay shipping (not original owner, no warranty) , but I was curious if what might have caused them to split and if anyone's seen it before.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Re: FP Racing levers

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Any of you come across this with FP Racing (or any other brand) levers? I was doing some work on Ann's Triple the other day and noticed that the roller bearings that contact the brake master and the clutch adjuster were both split. So instead of an "O" they were now "C"s, and when I tried to turn them the tiny ball bearings fell out.

FP will rebuild them if I pay shipping (not original owner, no warranty) , but I was curious if what might have caused them to split and if anyone's seen it before.
    Did you get a picture of that you're talking about?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Did you get a picture of that you're talking about?
    No, but I will. See that sliver roller bearing next to your purple adjusters? The outermost shell is split. It is basically in two halves like (o) instead of O
    Last edited by asp_125; Tue Oct 22nd, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    No, but I will. See that sliver roller bearing next to your purple adjusters? The outermost shell is split. It is basically in two halves like (o) instead of O
    Sounds like a manufacturing flaw, the metal was two brittle and snapped? That's an odd failure for sure.

Hard to say, these levers are at least circa 2009 (since the bike is that old) and I have no idea of their previous use or abuse. One thing's for sure, the shells are really thin. Could simply be age and metal fatigue. There's no apparent pitting or galling.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots

That's really weird. I've never seen something like that happen before. They should be able to retrofit the new style with the old one, like they did with mine. The guys over there are awesome.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Anyone use the brembo levers? I need to replace the brake side in which I'm thinkin about doing the shorty and I've always hated the mismatch from side to side so I was gonna rock the brembo on the clutch as well so they will finally be the same.
    Anyone go to the shorties and Not like them??

I went to shorties and they do ok, but think I'll go to mediums next time, to give my hands some room to move on the grips a bit. They're only 0.25" difference in most manufacturers.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots