Thread: Road ID - Important information on your wrist

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Road ID - Important information on your wrist

When I started doing 14ers a few years ago I picked up a RoadID.com wrist strap. It's a basic medial ID type bracelet but with pertinent information on it for rescuers. Currently I wear it whenever I ride (bike or motorcycle) go on a hike or any other adventure. A few people asked about it on the last ride so I wanted to share with all of you.

Mine has the following:
    Name, year of birth
    NKA (No Known Allergies)
    Blood Type
    Two emergency contacts

You can customize what goes into it within the space limits, handly little thing in case of an emergency I feel.

I also carry an Israeli Battle Dressing on the bike, granted most injuries will be road rash and fractures, but in case of a sever puncture/cut it could be life saving.

Chocolate Thunder

Re: Road ID - Important information on your wrist

Thanks...I will also be getting one for my son who rides his to school and just in case.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

I bought one for Bryant that he wears when he races. I wanted there to be something for the EMT's to refer to if he was knocked out or worse. His is the dog tag type necklace chain which fits under his leathers. Great idea for bicycle commuting and canyon riding. Hadn't considered that application, as my original introduction was due to long distance running alone. His has similar info as the OP. Name, DOB, blood type, allergies, 2 contacts.

Great idea. I think I'm going to order one...

Thanks for sharing, good idea. I keep an emergency card in my wallet, but something on your wrist is good especially since first responders look for those.

great idea, I normally have a dog tag on my key chain or around my neck, I changed it up a bit so it has the important stuff instead of my ssn and religious preference. might look into one of these.
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

I had this ICE app for my phone for a while: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...himserapis.ice
    Adding it to the lockscreen is really handy, too. Guess it depends also where you keep your phone when you ride, in a pocket there's probably higher risk of it getting smashed vs on a mount or in a bag in terms of how useful this would be.

Keeping your ICE on your phone is good if you also carry it on your person. Not in a tank bag.. which could be on the bike at the bottom of the ravine or lost in the grass.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Keeping your ICE on your phone is good if you also carry it on your person. Not in a tank bag.. which could be on the bike at the bottom of the ravine or lost in the grass.
    Only if you don't have a code to unlock your phone unless you're talking about actually writing it on your phone.
    Last edited by mxer; Wed Aug 28th, 2013 at 07:37 AM.

I'll be getting one of these mainly being a type 1 diabetic, thanks for the link!
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Looks like there is a more high-tech option available also

https://icedot.org/site/?lang=en

ICEdot is taking personal safety for action sports to a new level with the ICEdot Crash Sensor. The Crash Sensor will mount onto any helmet. When paired with the ICEdot app on a smart phone, the system is able to detect motion, changes in forces and impacts.In the event of critical forces, the device triggers the app over low-energy Bluetooth to sound an alarm and initiate an emergency countdown. Unless the countdown clock is stopped, the app will then notify your emergency contacts and send GPS coordinates of the incident so that appropriate follow up actions can be taken.

Currently the Crash Sensor app is available for iPhone 4S and 5. An Android version will be released soon for phones utilizing the new Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    Looks like there is a more high-tech option available also

https://icedot.org/site/?lang=en
    I like the crash sensor option, but the fact that it relies on mobile networks removes a lot of its utility for me. I do carry my SPOT on me when I'm out riding, mtn biking, etc. It's a satellite transponder that provides you with a way to call for help anywhere and if you don't have it through your health insurance provider, they also offer medivac insurance as well. It's such a huge piece of mind to have that exit button in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by big_sur View Post
    I like the crash sensor option, but the fact that it relies on mobile networks removes a lot of its utility for me. I do carry my SPOT on me when I'm out riding, mtn biking, etc. It's a satellite transponder that provides you with a way to call for help anywhere and if you don't have it through your health insurance provider, they also offer medivac insurance as well. It's such a huge piece of mind to have that exit button in the middle of nowhere.
    If I start doing trail or adventure riding the SPOT is on my list also.

Not just trail or ADV riding. There are a few canyons near the front range that have no cell reception in places.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...