Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My farwell

My farwell

Well folks the Last motorcycle sold a few weeks ago to a very nice fella who lives in Louisville. My riding days are done for now, i will pick everything back up once the kid is older and out of the house but for now its best i stay off two wheels as i tended to get a little too confident in myself on the street which is not really where this sport belongs as there are too many unpredictable events that can take place. I had a pretty good scare when a Jeep almost took me out when i was over at rampart range the conclusion had he got me would have been fatal, and it impacted my ability to be confident which makes me a dangerous rider so its time to hang it up for now.

I found myself a sweet little ride after doing some hunting and picked this beauty up at one hell of a deal that only an insane person or someone with a pure hatred for Acura's or Honda's for that matter would pass this up.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the people i have on this site, whether it be in person or just via the site and talking about an ugly ass news reporter (BK). I don't plan to visit the site too often which should leave EJ dancing in his chair. This site has brought me a ton of knowledge and the people i have met have taught me how to be a better rider for that i thank you and you know who you are. It was fun riding with those i have and maybe i will see you all out there as i plan to take my new whip to the canyons every now and then.

Have a good holiday and keep the rubber side down.

Gold Member

Re: My farwell

Can I molest the tailpipe?

See you around man
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

See ya around lil buddy enjoi ur new ride.

Take it to HPR!

Surprised you wouldn't move to a track bike.

I've enjoyed you wise ass remarks and wish ya the best even if you're gonna shun the rest of us.

Two wheels or four, you're always welcome to stick around.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

3.72/10
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

I can recall a number of members here that have been without bikes at times, sometimes for years. Doesn't stop they from contributing here...or stirring up shit, as the case may be...
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

I don't have a bike right now and I still bs with friends once and awhile. I don't have a bike, for now....

I never stir up shit. But you know Jim is part of the witness protection program because of his colombian drug lord days. At least that's what I heard from Rybo.

Did you guys say Colombian, no bike and stir shit up? Yep, present lol
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR
    2024 Aprilia Tuono Factory Ultra Gold

A TL! I hope it's a type-S . Enjoy your family man.
    06 GSXR 750

is the TL a stick at least?

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Hey man, that sucks. But if you think its the right decision, good for you. I don't have a kid to think about but I've been in a position similar to yours regarding the fear aspect.

Anyway, take it easy.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Thanks everyone and yes it's an s type and yes it's a stick, this ain't your grandmas Acura

Chocolate Thunder

Best of luck...at least go to the arcade and ride the little rocket there with your little one.

Kerry
    Suzuki Gladius 650
    GSXR 750

Taste the rainbow...B*itch
    http://www.pajiba.com/videos/awesome...inbow-btch.php

Senior Member Moderator

Grim, it was nice to finally meet you this summer. I'm sorry to hear about your close call. Following my accident, I went through a long process of considering whether riding on the streets was worth the risk. In fact, the first time I rode after the crash I was terrified of everything. But, over enough time, I came to the conclusion that riding was something I enjoyed and couldn't allow the fear of the potential risks to override the joys I find in life. However, I don't have any children, but I think I can somewhat understand a father's desire to be there for his children, and I'm sure your daughter brings you feelings of joy and happiness that a motorcycle simply can't compete with. You're making a good decision for your child's sake. Just let us know when you finally get back on two wheels. Until then, be safe, and enjoy your family.

Always the dirt side of the sport. Safer than street riding for the most part.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

So no trip up to Pikes Peak this winter??

Sean, it was nice knowing you and your wife. You may be a wise ass on the forums but you're also genuinely a good and caring person. I'll miss riding with you but without my own daughter due in two months I can see where you're coming from.

Good luck, take care and don't be a stranger.

Justin
    "If not us, who? If not now, when?"

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

See you on the flipside, Grim!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

All good things must come to an end.... Later troll

P.S. Thats not a Type S
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Later Cager!

Sorry to hear man. Understandable though man having two kids myself. But you shouldn't stop riding just change where and how. Plus one on a track bike. Take the tl forsure though. Hit me up if ya wanna go I know a guys bike you could ride. But there's always fun stuff you can come do like the American supercamp! Would love to get a group together for that good time!!! Don't leave though hell seems like there's a lot folks here that don't ride and most those have bikes! lol

Best of wishes Mr. Grim

going to miss our riveting conversations on just how hot a certain News Anchor really is LOL!!

Hate to see anyone give up on their passion because of a close call. Sometimes though, with children in the mix. A close call is enough for you to hang up your leathers. We're all wired differently and for some the reward doesn't outweigh the risk. You made the right choice for you and your family.

Later mang!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."