Thread: RV Show

RV Show

Anyone have any experience with this upcoming show?

http://www.gsevents.com/shows/displa...rc=329&sfid=77

We want to get a camper this spring and want to look at a few different vendors. Is it worth the $20 in admission? If not, is there a better show to go to?

Re: RV Show

Hey, I went a couple years ago. They had a ton of vendors and had a very large sampling of camper options, but I would kind of lean to no, it isn't worth it. Camping World's selection is amazing, and they are free. Plus there are a couple other large dealers in the Denver area, kind of makes the cost and craziness of the show a bit much.

Question, do you know what type are you looking to get? 5th wheel, popup, off road models, toy hauler, etc? We did a ton of searching and research this past summer before we purchased our toy hauler popup in Denver, but not from Camping World.
    Last edited by Captain Obvious; Fri Dec 27th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

Going with a 19-21' dual axle most likely. Something under 4k lbs so the Yukon can haul it.

We hit EVERY dealer between Pueblo and Cheyenne before we bought our fifth-wheel/toy-hauler, but I would still pay $20 to see all the new stuff. Especially, if they're serving alcohol!!!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

They served alcohol if you're willing to pay $6 for a Coors Light. I'm not but my wife is :-(

We spent about 5 hours there looking at everything between $13k and $18k and kept coming back to a Keystone Passport Express 238ML. The fit & finish seemed excellent, the layout was very logical and the weight is where I want it to be, < 4k. We put a deposit down but we're going to look at another model that has less sleeping space (no bunks) but a bigger bathroom. Part of the deal I worked out is the inclusion of a weight distribution hitch and trailer brake, all installed.

I'm struggling with the decision to buy new or not. The practical side says to buy used and save some money. The impractical side likes the idea of having an RV built for us that no one else has rubbed their junk all over. I also like the 1 year warranty that comes with a new RV.

Here's what we're looking at:
    The wife likes this because it has a corner shower with glass enclosure:
    http://www.windishrv.com/inventory/3...B-Express.aspx

I like this because it has 2 bunks in the back corner:
    http://www.windishrv.com/inventory/3...L-Express.aspx

Before we go and complete the purchase I need to make some phone calls and find out what storage and insurance will cost. I hope to find safe, secure storage for $40/month, but I might be smoking crack for thinking that's possible.

That might be a tight budget for storage…..

Also, really consider the slide outs. Do have the risk of damage ending up giving issue with it sticking open / closed, but they give you so much more room when everything is extended!

Good luck with it. I would have gone used if I found the right one, but the price and timing made new worth it.
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

We got our toy hauler through Windish. They were quite patient with a pair of RV noobs.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Slides definitely add room so if you can swing one with a slide or two, do it. You might be able to find storage for $40-50/mo, look around. We pay $70 for a 40' space currently. If you buy used you can add a warranty that covers most things, we got a 4yr warranty with ours. They won't cover water damage so be careful with that. Also check date stamps on tires if you buy used, that can be a negotiation point. Insurance is very cheap as well, they're really only covering something happening to it while you're not towing. Under tow, your vehicle insurance covers the trailer.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

We looked at a few tonight at Trailer World on Colfax. Really liked the Forest River, only to find out they had sold it last Friday. Went to Windish RV on 6th and ordered a new Keystone Passport 238ML. Super excited to start making some trips. Will probably go to Maine for a month this summer and camp near my office. I'll work and the wife will play.

I found a place in Aurora that is $47/month for a 30' spot. Will look some more but doubt it will be any more affordable than that.

Here's what we went with:

http://www.windishrv.com/inventory/3...L-Express.aspx