Thread: Condor or Baxley?

Condor or Baxley?

Trying to decide which free standing / quick removal wheel chock system to put in the toy hauler. There are beefy D rings in the floor and a non-slip rubber coating on the surface. I would rather not drill holes for anchor bolts, since that means removing the subfloor underneath to gain access. My thinking was to brace the stands against the front wall of the garage or against a 2x4 frame on the floor; securing the bikes with ratchet straps. I can see getting away with this for the dirt bikes, wondering if it will be secure enough for street bikes.

Right now I'm leaning towards the condors, but open to ideas with similar systems. Unless some of you have seen good anchor bolt systems that do not require access to the bottom of the floor to install.
    Last edited by asp_125; Mon Jan 20th, 2014 at 11:01 AM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Condor or Baxley?

I have no direct experience with either, but BMS uses the Baxley in the back of their sprinter with straps. The chock isn't braced against anything, just placed on the floor in the correct location - then the bike is rolled in and strapped down. They've transported my bikes along with WSBK hardware this way.

Re: Condor or Baxley?

We've been using Baxley Sport chocks in the race trailer. Neither are bolted down and they never move when bikes are loaded and tied down