Thread: Pre-ordered my Vololight

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Pre-ordered my Vololight

They have completed their kickstarter obligations are are finally selling to the public, I pre-ordered a black one this morning

http://vololights.com/

Re: Pre-ordered my Vololight

I've been keeping an eye on this company. Let us know how it works out.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I like it. I think there's lots of holes in the way they are marketing it, such as alerting distracted drivers (its not going to get the attention of someone that's not looking) and telling other drivers how fast you are coming to a stop (people that are not familiar with it will just see it as a flashing brake light). But I do like that it will flash while decelerating without the use of the brake. For me personally that's probably not worth $100 though.

Be interested in your review.
    I've got more flavor than a packet of macaroni.

That's a cool idea. Can't wait to read your review when you get it.

What a cool product. I was exited until I saw the price. IMO I would only spend about $50 on something like this. Going to keep watching this though. Only problem I see is during the daytime lights are not that bright and I don't see this being that effective during daylight hours compared to night time since the majority of riders ride during daylight.

Thanks for the info though.
    Mike
    USAF
    '10 Kawasaki Z1000

I could care less about the type of motorcycle or brand, as long as it gets me to my destination with a smile on my face.

I thought their price point was a little high too … I tend to grab my brake anyways during downshifts & slow downs…the multistage flashing is pretty smart…hats off to these guys.

Well, at $89 for the module you can use your existing brake lights. I used a brake strobe on my SV650 some years ago, and while you did have to touch the brakes to initiate the flashing, I did notice drivers backing off earlier and not riding my ass coming to a stop. I still have a brake strobe on one of our bikes - and will keep an eye on real world reviews as these hit the marketplace.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by 3point5 View Post
    I thought their price point was a little high too … I tend to grab my brake anyways during downshifts & slow downs…the multistage flashing is pretty smart…hats off to these guys.
    Agree. Something I learned during my MSF course was to tap my brakes while downshifting. I always tap my brakes while downshifting a few times to alert others behind me. Has become second nature for me.
    Mike
    USAF
    '10 Kawasaki Z1000

I could care less about the type of motorcycle or brand, as long as it gets me to my destination with a smile on my face.