Thread: Friday and Sunday night weekly meets

Wink Friday and Sunday night weekly meets

Hey everyone, decided I would inform you guys on these weekly meets!

Every Friday night starting around 7:30 to 10pm is a meet (any car, tuner, muscle, moto, truck) at the sonic off of 96th and Federal. This is a smaller meet (in respect to Sunday's), but on warm summer nights there are typically more than 30 bikes that show up. You can come and join us, have some sonic, and hang out and look at cars, or just show up, look around, and head back home. It's up to you!

Every Sunday night, there is a HUGE meet hosted by Nationwide Productions (on facebook). Literally at least 400+ cars, trucks, tuners, bikes, and lots of fast sports cars (twas a lambo there last week!). The meets start at 9pm (should arrive early for a good parking spot) and go until 10pm. At 10pm, they will hoot and holler and shine lights to call everyone over. This is where they will tell you where the cruise will be to. After they speak, everyone gets in their cars (slowly cause there's a lot of us). Now, during this cruise is where lots of people street race on the straight aways. Just telling you now because the cops will be all over the road (literally 6 of them lined up and ready), so be careful, it's up to you whether you want to race. Note: Nationwide does not have anything to do with the races, nor do I say you should, I'm just telling you what may happen. Despite that, these meets are a blast! So many crazy cars and people out there.

The meet spots are posted on Nationwide's Facebook page every Sunday around noonish (https://www.facebook.com/NationwideProductions). They range from north Denver to South Denver. And the Cruises are usually I70 East or i25 north to 119 in Longmont. I will try and keep this updated Sunday's if I'm going.

This thread is for anyone to inform other people if they are coming to one of these meets or not. Cheers .

With that said, if anyone wants to join us. I'll be at sonic on my blue/yellow gsxr with my girlfriend with the pink/black helmet on the back around 8 or 8:30 tonight. My name is Shawn. FYI It's supposed to rain tonight, however I don't mind the rain at all, so I'll be there. Just know it might be a little wet xD.
    Last edited by Ph03niX; Fri May 9th, 2014 at 06:43 PM.
    06 GSXR 750

Re: Friday and Sunday night weekly meets

I just found out tonight that if there isn't anyone at the sonic off of 96th, the 2nd place to check is the sonic off of 120th and grant! It was killer awesome tonight!

good info. really close to my house.
    I've never understood how these work. I would think there have to be undercovers who join to hear where it's going, or they see a large meet and troll the area

Present: 2006 GSXR 750 (black/yellow), 2006 Yamaha R6r (blue)
    Sold: 2011 Ninja 250 (green/black), 2007 R6s (blue)

Yea we went to the Sonic @ 96th and needless to say we had a very quiet dinner. But holy shit there was a ton of douchebaggery on the road headed up there.

I'd be curious to see what its like. I'll probably check out a Sunday night at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by rush4theyeho View Post
    I'd be curious to see what its like. I'll probably check out a Sunday night at some point.
    Use to go to those in high school, a very squidly affair from what I remember... Maybe that's changed though.
    Last edited by BlueDog; Sat May 10th, 2014 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    good info. really close to my house.
    I've never understood how these work. I would think there have to be undercovers who join to hear where it's going, or they see a large meet and troll the area
    Yeah there is most likely a cop always in the crowd that radios other cities where the cruise is. The cops normally respect the area and just hang out until everyone leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Yea we went to the Sonic @ 96th and needless to say we had a very quiet dinner. But holy shit there was a ton of douchebaggery on the road headed up there.
    Yeah I'm sorry man! My buddy and I showed up and literally for the first time EVER, no one was there. We were baffled. I didn't know that the 2nd place to check is the Sonic off of Grant and 120th! There was a bunch of cool people up there. Only 3 bikes yesterday, all wearing gear though!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    Use to go to those in high school, a very squidly affair from what I remember... Maybe that's changed though.
    Yeah, there are quite a bit of us below 25 years old, but Nationwide is trying to be really good about not allowing revving or burnouts. At these meets though there are normally at least 10 bikes, so yeah there's some squids in there. This girl in a short dress came up to me and asked to ride on the back of my bike. I was like wtf! You don't have any gear! She didn't care, so I didn't take her.

Anyways I most likely won't be going this sunday, Mother's day! Enjoy your mothers out there guys! (and ladies!)
    06 GSXR 750

Is anyone going to this Sunday night? I'll most likely ride down there to check it out.

Friday night meets at 96th and Federal have been going on for years, almost a tradition. Haven't been out there for a couple years now, but the way things were before, 630pm or so brought out the classics and muscle cars. Great set of people, well mannered and friendly if you don't present yourself as a douche.

Around 8pm is when more of the imports start coming out, cops are around and even then, there is usually a couple of idiots coming in doing burnouts. Funny sight to see the cop walk over to them.....followed by a tow truck. Place gets crowded at this time even with most classics and old muscle cars leaving. From Sonic, autozone, and big gas station, in font, sides, and back parking lot can be full. There are good domestics and imports.... then there are also the ricers grouped up in their corners. Bikes have been a hit and miss, some good people, and of course, some of the squids who think they can do it all.

All in all, great meetup spot, typical BS happens like anywhere in the country but still a great meet each Friday.

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Generic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Friday night meets at 96th and Federal have been going on for years, almost a tradition. Haven't been out there for a couple years now, but the way things were before, 630pm or so brought out the classics and muscle cars. Great set of people, well mannered and friendly if you don't present yourself as a douche.

Around 8pm is when more of the imports start coming out, cops are around and even then, there is usually a couple of idiots coming in doing burnouts. Funny sight to see the cop walk over to them.....followed by a tow truck. Place gets crowded at this time even with most classics and old muscle cars leaving. From Sonic, autozone, and big gas station, in font, sides, and back parking lot can be full. There are good domestics and imports.... then there are also the ricers grouped up in their corners. Bikes have been a hit and miss, some good people, and of course, some of the squids who think they can do it all.

All in all, great meetup spot, typical BS happens like anywhere in the country but still a great meet each Friday.
    I used to take my Grand Prix out to this sonic back in the early 2000's, fun times.
    2005 Kawasaki Z750S