My personal favorite story was when I was heading down from Woodland Park (where I was working) back to Colorado Springs. 97 Chevy Lumina sedan starts tailgating the crap out of me. I brake gently, then tap my brakes repeatedly, then brake check him but he just won't get off of my ass, even with the left lane wide open and clear. I resort to doing 15 under the limit, and he does nothing but get closer.

Finally I had it with him and punched it. I left him in the dust, then slowed back down to the speed limit and continued on my merry way. A mile or two later he catches back up to me and proceeds to get on my ass again. So I repeat the punching procedure and this time get in front of another car (no doubt wondering why the asshole got right in front of him and slowed down a little). Jackass Lumina gets up to me, and cuts off the car behind me like nobody's business. As in almost hits him just to get behind me.

As soon as I hit the El Paso County line, he flips down his visors and hits the lights. Pulls me over for "reckless driving". I told him that I was trying to get away from the jerk tailgating me (him) and he said "If you felt like you were in danger, why don't you just call the cops and/or pull over?". I was in the canyon with no cell service and who the hell pulls over when they feel like someone is following them?

I had two other guys in the car both wondering why I was pulled over and those same two guys wrote me letters with their version of the incident, signed and notarized. DA dismissed their testimony and gave me the full ticket plus court costs.

Sad truth is that we now have a legal system, not a justice system. Big difference in the two.