Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
I was surprised with the life of the PP as well.

For an extra $50, I'd say just get the new set. You could end up wasting a little bit on the PP rear in the future, or just get rid of the front now with some life left. Either way it could be about the same.

You may also find someone that wants the PP front for 10 bucks and a 6 pack of beer too, you never know
My plan was to buy a set of Q3 for $175 and save them for a bit, since the special ends at the end of April so I have to buy before then, and then ride around as long as I can until my current PP rear was done for and then do the swap since the PP probably has at least 1000-2000 left or so in the middle, the sides have plenty left but its the commuting to and from the mountains that kills the tires, plus my wife likes to ride on the bakc with me ocassionally so that doesnt help the rear wear. It does make sense that the best option is probably to spend $175 on a full set of Q3 rather than $120 for just the rear PP and then just have an all new set. If I do that I will need to look into what place here has the cheapest prices for installation!