Thread: Which On-Line site are you guys hitting for gear?

Which On-Line site are you guys hitting for gear?

I really, really try to keep my money local, but the service at the local shops is really starting to suck. Way over priced and they don't call back when I want a quote on a big order, so screw 'em. My money goes on-line, now. I save a fortune.

I'm looking for an Alpinestars jacket and Aria helmet. What sites are you guys hitting? Tires, too.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Re: Which On-Line site are you guys hitting for gear?

Keeping it local and on-line: http://www.303cycle.com/

For tires, I'm going to give Pirelli a try after being a faithful Michelin user since the beginning of time. Keeping it local as well with Oscar - http://solperformance.com/
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    I really, really try to keep my money local, but the service at the local shops is really starting to suck. Way over priced and they don't call back when I want a quote on a big order, so screw 'em. My money goes on-line, now. I save a fortune.

I'm looking for an Alpinestars jacket and Aria helmet. What sites are you guys hitting? Tires, too.
    Have you tried Motorcycle Depot here in Aurora? I've had good luck with them for stuff.

Before you give up on brick and mortar try Let it ride on Colfax. I try to refrain from making comments about shops since I work one day a week there, making it a biased opinion. However Robbie, Dave and Colin are great. Robbie and Dave have been in the business for 20 plus years and I've known/worked for them for 16 years on and off. They are passionate about motorcycles and motorcyclists, Robbie goes above and beyond to support the community. You will not find better prices on tires in colorado, most of the time they are cheaper than online and you can get them mounted next door at peak performance powersports. I challenge you to find better prices on tires, then I'll save you time and tell you that he checks prices at most local shops to ensure he has the best price. If you find a better brick and mortar price he'll at least match it. Most of the accessories in the store are below retail. It's worth a visit. Dave is one of the most knowledgeable and friendly people in the business, give him your list and when he's not slammed with customers he will get you prices and availability.
    One word of advice to everyone, when you shop local (not just at let it ride) don't tell them you are price comparison shopping with online. Better yet don't do it. They have to pay people to properly fit you in a helmet, get you the correct oil filter, answer your tech questions, suggest good local rides, etc. Don't waste their time and money getting fitted for something that you are going to save five dollars buying online. They aren't the showroom for Motomummy, motorcycle superstore, etc.
    Sorry for the long rant but it's infuriating to watch people not support local business when a good option is available.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

www.speedinmotorsports.com

Sort of local, sort of online.

They have been driving up from NM to support MRA rounds for a few years now. Give them a try.

Scott

Don't forget, some stores have an on-line presence and will attempt to match other websites' non-closeout prices.

That said, I have tended to spread my money around - supporting local stores if they have the size/color/brand I want, and ordering on-line if they don't.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I must be a real dick then, because I gave up on brick and mortar shops a long time ago. Only time I hit up Rocky Mtn Cycle is for oil and filter. Other than that, I buy all of my gear, parts and even my race take offs online. Ebay is great but my go to site is mainly Revzilla.com, maybe motosport if they have something I'm looking for.

Reason I go online? I because I don't have to deal with douche bags who feels that just my presence in their store is an irritation. It's like you showed up right in the middle of one of their epic riding stories and now they have to work and help you. Not all places are like this but a majority of them have people that have very high opinions of themselves.

So I gladly take my money elsewhere and that's online. I'm more about making my dollar go the farthest and work best for me.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Not what I was trying to say. I completely understand trying to make the most of your money. If you buy online and that helps you enjoy this great hobby, great. Just do all of your fitting online too. I would estimate that at least 20% of the people I help get fitted for a helmet and jacket go home and order it online. Robbie has to pay me to get them fitted so revzilla can make the sale. Please don't be that guy.

Best tire prices I have found

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

I've had the same progression Dean.

The last gear I bought I just ordered it on Amazon. With Prime I got free shipping and saved the sales tax as well as getting decent pricing.

Hope that helps!
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

Ebay.com for me....plus still most are small business's that just set up a shop there. I know some people do not like ebay, but I have never had issues with them and the fact that sellers care about their rating has made them more eager to work out issues

Prior I would buy from newenough.com because I never cared to get the newest gear that came out....looks like they changed their name http://www.motorcyclegear.com/

Locally I always have dealt with 303 cycles and they have given me killer deals on gear!
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcarthd26 View Post
    Not what I was trying to say. I completely understand trying to make the most of your money. If you buy online and that helps you enjoy this great hobby, great. Just do all of your fitting online too. I would estimate that at least 20% of the people I help get fitted for a helmet and jacket go home and order it online. Robbie has to pay me to get them fitted so revzilla can make the sale. Please don't be that guy.
    I'm not, I know what size I need for everything so no issues with needing someone to do it for me.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

It's so much easier to shop at the click of a mouse, OTOH I've had to return items on more than one occasion because the fit was not what I expected.

For wearables I'd rather try them on in-store. I've come to know my helmet size to reasonably expect the correct fit if I stick to my known brands. Gloves, I've had hit and misses on line, some gloves that were the right size did not feel good around the grips, and others (even Alpinestars) didn't fit unless I went a size larger. Jackets & pants, I have a problem with because I am right between sizes - so some are too large, others too small.

Hard goods... signals, levers, tires, supplies, etc. On-line is way easier because I'm not worried about fit.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/

http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/

And I like Let it Ride. I wouldn't let the gorillas next door touch my bike but Let it Ride is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Keeping it local and on-line: http://www.303cycle.com/
    Dang! Forgot about ol' Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    Have you tried Motorcycle Depot here in Aurora? I've had good luck with them for stuff.
    I'll check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarthd26 View Post
    Before you give up on brick and mortar try Let it ride on Colfax.
    I will definitely check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Best tire prices I have found

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/

I've had the same progression Dean.
    Stinks, doesn't it...

Lots of good info here. Never heard of some of these places. Thanks everyone. Got some scoutin' to do...
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Thu Apr 16th, 2015 at 01:30 PM.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

If this helps at all.. I drive all the way to South Denver from Fort Collins to visit Performance Cycle. They have so much gear, 95% of the time have the right size, and I'm always greeted by a cute girl who is actually interested in helping me out. Love that place.
    06 GSXR 750

I've picked up a few things from Performance Cycle, but for the most part, I do everything online. Tires, gear, hard parts, everything. Riders Discount and MotoMummy I use most often, sometimes Revzilla. Better pricing and have never had an issue with customer service.

Plus 1 for Let It Ride. Great service from the guys there.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I use motorcyclegear.com and cyclegear.com for lots of gear. The prices on both of those have been great for me. Can always find clearance items on those. Cycle gear has some decent stuff coming out of their own brands that you can't find elsewhere. I really enjoy their cold and warm weather undergear (shirts, shorts, long johns, glove liners) that are all less than 1/2 what a different brand costs.

As for tires I recently bought my Dunlop Q3 off Motomummy.com for $175 for the set after the $50 rebate. I checked a lot of other sites and everyone else was more than that. I guess it will depend on the brand you want.
    2005 Suzuki SV650s Blue (SOLD), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636 Lime Green

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Prior I would buy from newenough.com because I never cared to get the newest gear that came out....looks like they changed their name http://www.motorcyclegear.com/
    NewEnough.com They will always be newenough to me since the redirect is automatic. Little more limited in range of products, but I love the price discount to buy gear that isn't "this year's newest sparkliest thing".
    The closest thing to immortality on this earth is a Federal government program - RR

TFOG is the best for local stuff.

I have had recent experience with these guys too.
    Superbikeunlimited.com (performance parts, exhaust, ECU tuning)
    Motomummy.com (Tires, chain+sprockets, rearsets, clipons)
    Amazon or motorcycle-superstore.com for gear.