I went to Performance Cycle today to try on some boots, finally found a couple sets I liked and of course they were the most expensive options! I liked the Sidi Vortice Air and the Mag 1 Air. Between the two I wear a size 45 and 46.

My question is what kind of fit should I be looking for? It is completely different than tennis shoe fit and comfort, neither were SUPER comfortable, but they aren't designed for walking around and I know that. Although it had two different sizes in the two boots, the fit was very similar, both fit well around my toes, not much forward and back room for my foot to move. Calf was a good fit. One concern was the ability for my foot/heel to move up and down in the boot, which I'm sure would not be as much of a concern with leathers going into the boots. The other concern is the size that fits the best is running very close to being to short and my toes are very close to the tip of the shoe.

Since this is a $450.00 race boot, it should last me a long time, I want to make sure I make the best decision. Just hard to compare to fitting a day to day tennis shoe..... Thanks for the input!