Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Take just a few minutes and read this thread and you start getting an idea why the site is not what it used to be.
Gramps, I have been here a long time and know and remember you well. All I can ask is do you see any moderators on this site anymore, do you see the presidents still posting, have most old school members left (do you know why; a lot was not about the members but how the club was run; from my experience and talking to them). There are a lot of people to blame, but I am not so sure it is the members as a club is only as good as it's organization and leadership

Not to mention we lost most our members when the site was changed over to this new format; it was down longer than it should have been during the change and few were aware it was coming back and assumed it finally was gone (we had a lot of server issues, so it is not hard to think it was gone). Links werr also changed that confused people; I thought the site was down till people told me the old link did not work (I'd say I went 1 1/2 weeks before I figured this out: I had used the same bookmark for years).

Then the fact that most the motorcycle talk has been talked about years ago and is now just a lot of repetitive that most the older members have read a hundreds times; yet newbies think these are some new topics and get annoyed when little activity goers to a topic already discussed. Also doesn't seem to be about helping newbies anymore and much more about being the "popular" guy so you got people telling newbies to get the newest 1000cc.

Overall it lost the close family feeling we used to be because we didn't have so many members. I wish it would have been limited and then that would have stayed, but the club was more into growing nationally and that went away and has created a lot of what it is now.

A few of us have stuck around, but I am sure we agree with you and miss the old days. Only way I see any changes is for the people in power to change things.....as members not much we can do.

There was a lot of arguing and stuff back in the days too; heck I remember Hoopty, Big-J, and I would go at it hardcore then meet up late that night and laugh about it (to the point where people would PM us to calm down). Now people take it all serious; I believe because we don't have that family connection like before. Anyone wants to act like this is new they do not remember people like Briz, Bertha, BiSexual Britteny, and even old Barn that caused a lot of drama. I remembered Briz got so bad they gave him his own forum to have fun in (see good decision by the people in power because if you liked Briz you went to his forum and knew it was a crazy place. Didn't like that talk, you didn't go in).