Thread: RV mattresses

RV mattresses

I know there are a few other campers here, so I wanted to pass on something I found a couple nights ago. Our travel trailer has a RV Short Queen size bed and the mattress is craptastic to say the least. Upgrading to a regular queen isn't an option because the door is at the end of the bed and it would limit the walkway.

I've searched locally but couldn't find anyone besides Camping World that sells them. CW doesn't have any on display to try, except for a 12"x12" sample, and as soon as you buy and open the box it becomes non-returnable. I can't afford to spend $500+ on a mattress and then not like it.

There's a company in Longmont and Boulder called Verlo. They manufacture their mattresses in Longmont and can make special sizes. I went last night and ordered a middle-of-the-line plush mattress called V3. It's a little more than I wanted to spend ($700), but it should be very comfortable. They have to order the fabric top from Chicago, but will have ours ready in time for Memorial Day weekend.

Re: RV mattresses

My plan has been to buy a used tempurpedic on CL and cut it down to size. One of the benefits of a memory foam mattress.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

I like the idea of the Temperpedics but haven't tried them. I'm not a fan of used mattresses, though.

Or combine both ideas and just buy a memory foam topper. I did this to an old bed and transformed the bed to a comfy one again. Of course your bed is for a RV so maybe it needs to fold up.

I did see a few online though when did a search for "Queen short RV mattress"; Overstock.com had them for like $250 and I know there return policy is good as have used it before.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...19/subcat.html
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

We used a queen sized sleep number bed with a memory foam topper in our 35'er. I did however, replace the board supporting the mattress with a slightly wider one to keep the bed from sagging on the edges.

Last edited by asp_125; Wed May 6th, 2015 at 12:03 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Colorado upholstery sells custom cut foam in different densities that would work perfect. That's what I used in the bus.
    Last edited by aspenbum; Wed May 6th, 2015 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Or combine both ideas and just buy a memory foam topper. I did this to an old bed and transformed the bed to a comfy one again. Of course your bed is for a RV so maybe it needs to fold up.

I did see a few online though when did a search for "Queen short RV mattress"; Overstock.com had them for like $250 and I know there return policy is good as have used it before.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...19/subcat.html
    We've tried a few memory foam toppers but couldn't get it to work. Overstock has the same issue as CW. Mattresses aren't returnable after they are signed for or opened:

Mattress Return Policy:

Mattress Sets are non-returnable upon signature at delivery. Mattresses are non-returnable if opened or taken out of their plastic wrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by birchyboy View Post
    We've tried a few memory foam toppers but couldn't get it to work. Overstock has the same issue as CW. Mattresses aren't returnable after they are signed for or opened:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    My bad. So dumb as you would think if they were at least still in the plastic wrap that would be fine.

You know it is because some idiot bought one and slept on it for months then returned it...now that is gross considering how much dead skin gets trapped in a mattress.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!