Considering how long some people tow, this may seem like a silly question, but for those of you with large campers, how much is too much?

We are debating bunk houses and keep coming back to the ones that are 31 ft hitch to bumper vs the BH with slide outs that are 35 ft total. The wifey keeps saying, "Its seems so large" (yeah yeah, joke away, I certainly have).

We are talking TT, not 5er. And most are in the 7k+ lbs range. So I have plenty of truck. My position is that its only 4 ft extra, for pretty much the same money, so why not just get the extra footprint? I am hoping we begin more boon docking camping and spend minimal time at the RV parks. Either way, both lengths will mean we miss out on some campgrounds, and 35 over 31 means a couple campgrounds we will not be able to go to, but how much of a big deal is it really?

Part of the needing extra space is we have 2 little ones and 2 dogs. We left the popup so we would't be on top of each other and I want to make sure what ever we buy isn't a similar issue.

Thoughts, opinions, perspectives, etc?